Sail Away for Both Zaandam and Oosterdam

LAFFNVEGAS

Kate, so glad you enjoyed it:) It did make for a fun day for me as well.

Sean, I know the feeling, I would be feeling really bad but 40 days from today we will be on the Zaandam, the come March 17th we will be back on the Oosterdam:D

Hey Lisa

Great shot of me on the Harbor Blvd promenade in front of Zaandam .....

(that little white dot screaming and crying "WAIT FOR ME!!!! ... I WANNA GO!! .. )

:(

Thats weird......when I saw that white dot I was thinking I wonder if that's Vic The Parrot........ and sure enough it was!

Thank you laffnvegas and LoraJ,

This made an otherwise mundane Saturday afternoon just glorious. I cannot wait 'till my turn in November (11th). My cruising was put on hold during my husbands illness and subsequent demise. An 18 year illness and death at 53 was not supposed to be. Gratefully, life goes on. It looks like the parking lot accross the street was crowded. Is there parking available there or do you have a better suggestion? I will be driving from Torrance with a co-worker and all the info I can get will really be helpful. Thanks again for a pleasing interlude.

Hi Kate, very sorry to hear about your loss!

Looks like we live in the same city (plus you said a while back that your son works for my Dept - sure would like to know who that is;) ). We always park in that lot across the street because it's so covenient. If you leave Torrance, say about 10:00 on 11 NOV, you will have no problem getting a parking spot in there. Before you park, drive in to the pier area (show the guard(s) your HAL papers) and drop off your bags. Then make a u-turn and park in the lot, walk back to the pier. Have a great time in about a month!

The parking lot across the street in San Diego was more crowded than usual due to "Fleet Week". Several navy ships were open to the public at the Broadway pier. You shouldn't have any problem when you do come down for your sailing.

David

John,

The name is Joe Gietzen. He has always been a son to me. Technically; He is my" Extra son".He and my birth son, Eric have been brothers for most of their lives. He is truly one of the good guys in this world. I have been blessed with two wonderful sons.

Good news re: parking lot. I was told you could no longer park there due to homeland security. Is there a charge for this?

John,

The name is Joe Gietzen. He has always been a son to me. Technically; He is my" Extra son".He and my birth son, Eric have been brothers for most of their lives. He is truly one of the good guys in this world. I have been blessed with two wonderful sons.

Good news re: parking lot. I was told you could no longer park there due to homeland security. Is there a charge for this?

Small world!:) I just got out of Traffic after being assigned there for two and a half years and Joe worked for me as an Accident Investigator. He's about to go to LAPD's motor school to become a motorcycle officer!

Oh yeah, they charge a one-time fee. This last February, it was about $92 for the one week's stay!

He and Eric always rode dirt bikes together. I know that Joe loves his new HARLEY. What's a mother to do???? It is a small world John. But mostly a good world. He has 5 children and a wonderful wife. A really great family. I am very proud.

Thank you, Lisa, for the great sailaway photos for the port cam. I always love the long-distance shots of the ship heading out to sea!

When leaving San Diego in an aft cabin, it's a real thrill to feel when the ship's engines "kick in" as the ship builds up sailing speed. :)

Wish I could have been there.

Peggy

Archived