Celebrating your anniversary

as fast as you can give it to them. So I post that you use your tastes to make this speical cruise just that - SPECIAL. First visit: www.rccl.com

and then visit their specialty area for birthdays, anniversary, honeymoon, etc. They have a great package THE ROMANCE PACKAGE that I would suggest. It is like $300 but I think it is worth it when I add the price of what they are giving to you:

Now they also have the $700 variety also. SO check them out to buy. But what I have listed here from their site, to me is the one to buy.

The also have a party for anniversary & honeymooners, so you go to that & maybe win a gift. Be sure to check our the Compass daily for onboard games for married folks. Again you may win a cruise. And at dinner, why buy an $8 cake that you won't eat, so tell the waiter that it is your anniversary & he will get you each a slice for FREE & proudly have a candle in it & the waitstaff will sing "Happy Anniversary to You" in their many languages.

ENJOY!

gft_romance_147.jpgGrand Romance Package $249.95 USDItem# 1065

This package includes a bottle of chilled Veuve Clicquot champagne upon arrival; a fresh bouquet of flowers in your stateroom; two of our signature 100% Turkish cotton terry robes; a tray of elegant canapés delivered before dinner and decadent petit fours after dinner on two formal evenings; breakfast in bed one morning during the cruise; and a silver-framed, 8" x 10" keepsake portrait. s.gif

s.gif

OK, I'd have to say, isn't the cruise and time alone with your "special someone" enough??? I have better things to do with my money than buying cakes or flowers, or even worse, a paper sign, to celebrate 36 years!!!! Use that money to have a wonderful dinner on shore one night! Or book a really great hotel prior to the cruise! Our 35th is coming up--no way would I spend money on "packages" to celebrate--we've been through some hard times, and didn't get out of the hard years by wasting our $$$! JMHO!!!!!

I wouldn't bother with anything that is an extra cost. The cruise ship itself sets a wonderful mood and anything that costs extra, I think is a waste unless you want to buy onboard a bottle of wine to share in your room. We celebrated our 20th and our 25th onboard ship and the music, dining and dancing already offered on ship made the whole day and week romantic.

The deserts they offer at dinner are better than any cake. We weren't in the room long enough with the lights on to enjoy any flowers. but we sure did enjoy the music and dancing.

My DW and I cruise almost every year (29th this year) on our anniversary sense our children moved out. We get a small cake ($ 8.00) and the waiters sing. It doesn’t get much better than that. Just spending time away from the rest of the world for a while and focusing on each other is priceless. :)

We just celebrated our first anniversary. (OK we are old folks but it was our first anniversary.) DH informed the restaurant (Chops) and they came and sang to us. We bought a good bottle of wine and had a great dinner.

We told our TA that it was our anniv. but we got nothing from the cruise line. Make your own party - do you like to do. If you or your spouse like 'decorations' on holidays then buy the door decor. Just like everything else in real life - put your money where you want it to go.

I too would not purchase anything in advance. Excuse yourself and visit the flower cart and a bar and decorate your cabin yourself :D Get your pictures taken at every opp and select one together - purchase a frame at one of your stops.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and happy anniversary!

###

We celebrated our 25th last November on Serenade.

thought about renewing our vows.... 400.00 :eek:

thought about decor, cake etc....

In the end we decided to go to San Juan 3 days/2 nights early and stay at El Convento (San Juans 5 star hotel) and enjoy San Juan..... best decision we could have made. Money well spent as we fell in love with Old San Juan....

Of course there was the "little" diamond ring he bought me on Antigua at Diamonds Intl....:D

We have our 10th anniversary coming up in December..........that's 10 years from the time we met!!

Our cabin that evening..........will be filled with nothing more than our CC friends, and a few more that will make this trip "very special"!!!!

Rick

No, the ship does not provide you with anything extra on your trip. You will see dozens of people celebrating some occasion or another on the ship every night...you will hear happy birthday sung no less than 50 times on any cruise!!!

You can arrange for something special if you'd like but it's so commercialized, it's not really special..

Have an extra nice bottle of bubbly and enjoy your time together.

We've spent lots of occasions on board. Just being there is a celebration in itself...

Have a wonderful anniversary!!

We celebrated our 25th anniversary five yrs ago on the Monarch. Out TA told RCI when we booked that we were celebrating our 25th anniv. One night at dinner our waiter surprised us with a cake (no charge). Now, that being said, maybe our TA paid for the cake.

We will be celebrating our 30th this Nov 12th on the Mariner so we will see if they do it again. We just enjoy getting away from work, phones, and etc and just relax with each other.

I think RCI as well as the other lines used to give a free cake. I really believe that it was discontinued because people took advantage of it. By that I mean, an anniversary was 6 months away, but the cruisers told the cruiseline it was their anniversary. The same with birthdays. Every night there were tons of cakes and singing. Most times the cakes didn't get eaten.

Funny, how few birthdays and anniversaries there are now that people have to pay for the cake. I never needed or wanted anyone to sing happy birthday or anniversary to me. I guess I am more private and feel my husband and I should be the ones to celebrate our anniversary and having a group of waiters sing to me would have embarassed me. JMHO.

My wife and I will be celebrating our 56th anniversary aboard ship. The only special item we will buy is champagne for a private drink in our stateroom. Then away we go to avail ourselves of all the nice things the ship has to offer. This will be our 4th cruise with RCCL. PS: If ya see me scooting along on the exercise track just say hello.:)

I have to disagree!! I LOVED walking into our already-decorated cabin on our honeymoon and I'm having the cabin decorated for my friend's bday on our December cruise and my anniversary for mine and hubby's February cruise.:D

I have to disagree!! I LOVED walking into our already-decorated cabin on our honeymoon and I'm having the cabin decorated for my friend's bday on our December cruise and my anniversary for mine and hubby's February cruise.:D

I'd love to hear more details about the honeymoon decorations! We're going on Voyager for our honeymoon in January and I ordered the decorations to surprise my DH-to-be (Hope he doesn't read this!! :eek: ).

Tammie

I love having fresh flowers in our room! A couple of years ago, we sailed on valentine's day and my hubby ordered a dozen red roses. They were beautiful and the only bad thing was, after a week, I couldn't bring them home. The other 2 couples that cruised with us didn't have roses in their cabins and they paid dearly for that over the week.:D On our 25th in April, we will have flowers and champagne! I will have to check into that romance package.

I say do whatever makes you happy. What is special for one person may not be special to someone else. On my last cruise I ordered the room decorations and a cake for our cabin for our anniversary. I did not tell my DH that I had ordered it so he was very surprised when he walked in and saw the room all decorated. I thought it was really cool and that is all that matters. I also thought the cake tasted much better than any of the desserts in the dining room. Since I don't drink alcohol I would not want a bottle of wine or champagne. For me the decorations and cake was the best.

Archived