Dining Room Layouts Online

Cruising Jake

We have always asked our TA to request a table near the aft windows in the Dining Room. I have written down which tables numbers they have been. I just assumed each ship would have different table numbers. Am I wrong? Or is it all the Vista Class are the same and the S and R Class are the same? We have always been fortuate to be located where we requested.

:)

We had our TA get the dining room lay outs for each ship years ago. And when the Vista class ships came out, we got those as well. She keeps a copy for herself in case any other customers want to select a table.

The Vista class ships all have the same table arrangements.

The "S" class ships all have the same table arrangements which are different than the "V" ships.

And of course the "R" class ships are different than the others.

:)

... you could go onto the HAL website after you've made your booking and pull up a dining room map and select your table? The airlines do this now with their seating charts. You can select your seat when you book your flight online. Seems like HAL could have a "live" database so we could do this.

... you could go onto the HAL website after you've made your booking and pull up a dining room map and select your table? The airlines do this now with their seating charts. You can select your seat when you book your flight online. Seems like HAL could have a "live" database so we could do this.

That would be great. The only thing is they would have to include demographics of the individuals so that those not wishing to sit with children could select a different location. That's what most Matre'D's do.

While I understand your concern, the demographic ramifications could be considered as discriminatory if they were to do that. Just like choosing your seat on the airlines, you'd just have to take your chances with who your neighbors are.

I've never seen a dining room map on HAL's web site? Where did you find this??

If you look in his "Title" to his thread it stated { Wouldn't it be great if ... } then was the rest of what you read.

Sorry to answer for you Vegas Jim just thought I would help out a fellow Las Vegan;)

OOPS! Missed the "Title" of his thread. Either another Senior Moment or I need new glasses.

:o

Actually, I don't think they would ever do this. They probably make the final assignments close to sailing.

They would not want a group of 8 to have to sit at two different tables. If people selected their table on-line then they could have a bunch of tables with only four seats left. However, I assume that the maitre'd will first assign larger groups to make sure they can sit together, and then go down in size.

Absolutely, Orcrone, this is exactly the reason no cruiseline would allow you to pick your table online. The maitre d' has to have the flexibility to assign tables looking at the whole picture- how many want what kind of table, how many groups want to sit together, etc. If people were 'reserving' seats at specific tables weeks and months ahead some people along the line would not be able to be accomodated when in reality when the maitre d' does the assignments after he has all his pax' requests on file, the vast majority of pax end up satisfied. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean by Main Level.....

For the Upper Level (my preference), tables for six far aft against the glass are #28, 26, 30, 61, 59, 57, and 55. They have a fabulous view of the wake. All glass.........

You can go to the deck plans on HAL's website and look at the deck(s) on which the dining rooms are located. If you look closely you can see the tables and how many chairs are placed at each table; example, look at the Westerdam Promenade deck and at the bottom is a layout of the Upper Vista Dining Room. Even though the tables are not numbered, you can get an idea as to the configuration of the dining room.

Flatwallet: Thanks for the advice! I can almost see it without my glasses too. I copied it into a word doc and enlarged it! Looks like the music is on the upper level. Are you able to enjoy the music during dinner from both levels? Or shall we consider moving closer to the center of the dining room? I really like the tables near the windows!

Sail7seas: sorry, I should have said the lower level. Are the windows the same as the upper level? The lower level has a lot of tables for 6 against the aft windows.

Thanks!

Good idea about copying the plan and enlarging it. Too bad they don't have the tables numbered. After enlarging then did I realize that some of the tables are covered by the Upper Vista Dining Room wording as are most of the rooms, etc.. Nor do I know the accuracy of the placement of these tables but one could assume they are somewhere near correct. Wouldn't you think?

Archived