Dining Room Layouts Online

Cruising Jake

Hey guys........Just do what I did. E-mail HAL from their website and request seating plans. They gladly sent them to me by FAX and I chose my specific table by number. I have done this about 4 times and always got my chosen table.

There is also a disclaimer that there is no guarantee that you will get your requested table. but obviously they tried for me and I have gotten it every time I asked.

:) KSCnCA

Tables on the upper level on the Vista class ships by the windows - people are either walking by or jogging by the windows.

My drawing is not very good of the lower level. The numbers are blurred and some of the numbers are written over. Here are the ones I can make out: 131, 135, 137, 136.

On the Oosterdam the only music we had was piano player on some evenings and a guitarist on other evenings. The music area is located in the area of the stairwell between the 2 levels of the dining room. Unless you have a table right by the rail, it is very hard to see the muscians. We had a table right by the rail and had a hard them seeing them.

:)

KK - Thanks for the table numbers. As for the music, it will be fine as long as I can hear it from our table. I just remember how loud the dining room gets at times. We don't usually eat at restaurants that serve hundreds of people at a time! :)

I have charts for the dining rooms of all Holland America ships. I'll be glad to answer questions or make suggestions.

I'll be sailing on the Amsterdam on August 1st and am thinking of getting a table for 2. Can you tell me which tables look the best?

Thanks!

You didn't say which level you wanted on the Amsterdam, but here are tables for 2 by the rail (upper level): 70, 72, 74, 76, 71, 73, 75, 77.

There are other tables of 2 scattered around the various levels.

Thank you. We are upper main. I just called and requested a table for 2. Unfortunatley that was right before I read your reply so we'll see if we get it and where!

Would that table number be in the same position on the Maasdam?

We will be sailing on her next year and I am tossing up at the moment whether to request a table for two or go for a six or eight.

Are there any small tables at back on the lower level where the big windows are? We had a table there for six and it was in a wonderful position.

Jennie

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]Cruising Jake[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Zuiderdam - upper level by the rail: 88 (not a good table - sat there first week of the cruise - moved next week - right at the top of the stairs), 90, 92, C (behind a pole), 79, 77 - all these tables are in the back section. Tables in front section: 73, B, 82, 84.[/color][/font]

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]Ryndam[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=magenta]mbc1 - you didn't say if you wanted upper level, lower level, by the rail, or by the windows.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Lots of good tables by the windows - expecially for Alaska.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Upper level - 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 34, 35, 17, 19, 21, 23, 25.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#ff00ff]Lower level - no tables for 4 by the windows. Tables for 4 are all interior.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Jacqueline']Thanks to you all ! I as unaware that one could request a specific table. My TA has the floor plans and is doing this for me :)[/QUOTE]

Hi, since we will be on the same cruise we are interested in whether or not you got a specific table assignment or is it just a request for one from your TA.
Looking forward to meeting you aboard ship.:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]You can have your TA request a special table number, but until you get on the ship, you won't know if that request was granted.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]We were once told by a maitr'd that they do try to accommodate poeple with table requests because it helps them on deciding who should sit with whom and where to seat them.[/color][/size][/font]

Well that only makes sense... There is no harm in asking, though...
Since we are 6 people in our family I asked for one of the tables by the window .. We are on the Lower level (6:15pm).
Since it will still be light why not have a view ?
My least favorite tables are the ones that are practically out of the DR.. Actually when the kids were small, they were FINE and I appreciated this, but time marches on.
The TA is making the request for a specific table on my behalf. She has the plan and offered to fax it to me, but I asked her to use her judgement. I am not all hung up on this- actually the waitstaff is the most important thing to us. last summer we had a window (but it was dark in tahiti so it was no big deal) and the waiters were the least personable i had ever encountered. I would have traded for someone with a bit more sparkle.

That's a great point! We had a wonderful waiter on the RCCl Legend of the Seas, Akos. He was very entertaining, suggested food for us, warned us against unpopular items and gave hints at what would be a better choice in days to come. He made our dinners very special. I think he spoiled us for all our future cruises, but hopefully we will find some competition on the Zui in December!

i am sure that there are some modifications to the table numbers form cruise to cruise but it does seem that there is a general sense of where the numbers are in the DR, not just for the ease of the TA's but for the staff.
Could you imagine if, say for example, table 100 was in a different spot every cruise !

[quote name='Cruising Jake']I called and emailed HAL for a dining table layout. The phone rep said they don't do that, because the table numbers change for each cruise. My TA did not get table #s, but put a request in writing for the type of table I want.[/QUOTE]
The table numbers do not change each cruise. HAL has faxed them to me before. Try different depatments on their contacts page and see if one of them will help you.

My TA has asked and gotten specific table numbers for me before.

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]There is no way that they are going to change the table numbers every cruise. It would create mass confusion on the waitstaff. Immagine the first night's dinner with the waiters looking for table numbers at the same time that passengers are looking for their tables.[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]

Archived