XSNOBS...Barbarians at the gate!!!

Danno

I wish we could get him to realize that he really messes things up for our folks that use dialups. Slows things down incredibly for them. For us it's just an annoyance, but for them it means they can't enjoy their boards.

[quote name='Danno']I should be open today...for a province that claims it wants to be isolated from the rest of Canada, they sure didn't like it yesterday :D !! Actually the people from that area are good folks.[/QUOTE]I know what you mean. Doug's cousin lives in Corbeil. We have family on both sides of the provincial boundary. We love them all, but we won't talk politics with them:D!

[quote name='Danno']Sun is out here...hope you are having a drier day!! [/QUOTE]Beautiful day, today. Blue sky, pillow-y clouds, gentle breeze -- even the Bay is calmer. Apparently Peterborough is drying out, too.:)

I have broadband so it isn't a problem for me other than it makes me feel like I'm in high school all over again! LOL! But some of us do have dialup and it does mess them up. I just think it is considerate to not take up so much space with idiotic pictures that really add nothing to the discussions. JMO.

Bob,

Please have an open mind will you. I was just trying to be a little humorous here. And yes, I did get what Tuggers was saying about othes with their slow dialups thank you. I would never flame anyone, not my style......

Bill

[quote name='Danno']Nini...if this is all you can add to this, or any other thread, perhaps you would consider contributing elsewhere. I would expect less nonsense out of my 4 year old nephew.[/QUOTE]

Some people must be different to get any attention. I surmise it gives them some sense of importance. If they only knew how many were laughing at, if not pitying them. Some of us can stand out by being intelligent, caring people that can carry on an intelligent conversation. Others need to babble on as an idiot to recieve any attention. Ignorance is bliss and we obviously have a couple of very blissful people intruding into this mostly intelligent conversation.
Looking forward to sailing with you and other like minded cruisers.

Reggie

I just got back from Sam's Club (no Costco here) and dropped a bottle of wine in the driveway. That probably accounts for my loss of humor this afternoon. I was tempted to get a straw and try to have some, but it was close to a 100 degrees so I figured it would evaporate before I could get a straw and get down on my one original knee! :rolleyes:

Bill,

My answer was, perhaps, a little generic. I wouldn't classify your response as a flame, but I can't say the same about Nini's.

I think one problem that might exist is that folks are looking at the "SNOB" part of the acronym and making a bad assumption. Snobbishness as found in the dictionary is not part of this whole thing.

I'm actually enjoying [b]SOME[/b] of the give and take here. Too bad it can't all be civil. [url="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001"][img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_6_201.gif[/img][/url] But then, we would be in that world peace thing that would be nice to have and that just isn't going to happen.

Tuggers,

Darn that is sure a waste of a good wine. I am armed with my reply from Winediva and am heading down to the bottle shop in a while to look for that Rioja I have been seeking. It's pushing a 100 here also so I can sympathize with you. BTW, a straw would probably have worked!!! ;)

Bob perhaps my humor was a little too tongue in cheek on that post, which I see that the post police have removed. I think Tugger got the wine part. As for that young lady ( i would guess in her 30s) I have tried to gently prod her away. And I too am a member of the XSNOBS (lookback and you will see), I just try and not get too vocal (hah). I am a pretty good Phone company engineer and I am very aware of the different transmission rates provided by our various services so I can understand how bad it is for someone to post a 1MB or better pix or here, even though I have done it myself.

Bill

I guess our new 'friend' has resulted in the new attachment policy. I saw last night where he was telling Walt not to edit his pictures. I guess he didn't get the idea so they had to make it a policy.
Anyone want to take bets on whether he get it now? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Danno']...[i]it really does bother me when people dress inappropriately[/i].[/QUOTE]
Good grief. You're hyperventilating about trivia. Get your priorities straightened out. Do some community service work.

The first thing that I would like to say is I am pleased to see that there are people who are not shy about expressing their opinions.

As far as this subject, there always seems to be a thread concerning the dress code on the Celebrity board. I love following the thread and it give me a real chuckle sometimes.

The primary fact still remains that all that is being accomplished is a few people continue to preach to each other and try to convert them to their point of view. Nothing is really going to change by the views expressed by both sides and there will be no new converts.

I would estimate that 95 percent of the people who cruise have never heard of or read any of the cruise message boards. They pick a cruise because of past experiences, word of mouth, or advertising. These people get most of their information concerning dress code from the literature supplied with their tickets and adhere to those suggestions. You are also going to have a few free spirits who will not comply and I ususally smile when I see them. My favorite was the gentlemen who wore a Tux with bermuda shorts on formal night. I must say he looked very good and very Caribbean.

As for myself, I do comply with the dress codes because I have to answer to a higher authority, my wife.

David

Well spoken, all us husbands know who the real boss with the rules is. :cool:

[quote name='XRAYDAVE']
As for myself, I do comply with the dress codes because I have to answer to a higher authority, my wife.

David[/QUOTE]

Archived