"preferred boarding"

brovol

We leave on our 4th Princess cruise on Saturday - on our 2 of our 3 previous cruises we walked up to the checkout desk, got our cards, and walked onto the ship - the other was delayed due to customs holding up the passengers getting off. Hopefully we'll be 3/4 after Saturday :-)

As much as I really hope they honor my platinum status without much proof, I know that once I am there and just minutes away from beginning the cruise, I will be so full of that pre-cruise excitement that it won't matter if it takes a little longer, just knowing it is coming regardless. Nothing seems to faze me when I am almost on the ship!!!! Only one more sleep to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey... I just found my cruise card from the last cruise I was on (that shows platinum)... what if I bring that along...

This will be our first Platinum cruise. What do most of you do. Do you just walk up to the front of the line and find a representative or do you wait in line until they come to you? I don't know why but I feel weird about going to the front of the line.

Palolake:

Don't worry about "butting in" or feeling out of place. There are many Priness reps in the embarkation line area - simply discreetly grab one and show them your documentation which indicates "preferred boarding" and ask where you are to go. They're quite used to this and will quickly direct you to the place you should be....which is at the front of the line! A nice perk and you shouldn't feel embarassed about it.

Have a great trip!

Rob

I was recently on a Fred Olsen cruise ship (British homed) and traveling with a friend who has gold membership--the top. Of course he was able to board first, and when we checked in, I asked if I could tag along because I was traveling with him, albeit in a different cabin. Their answer was simply, "Why of course. We would never think of separating anyone."

Do suite pax also priority board? It's been many years since I've been on Princess and all this is new now. Thanks for any answers.

I was recently on a Fred Olsen cruise ship (British homed) and traveling with a friend who has gold membership--the top. Of course he was able to board first, and when we checked in, I asked if I could tag along because I was traveling with him, albeit in a different cabin. Their answer was simply, "Why of course. We would never think of separating anyone."

Do suite pax also priority board? It's been many years since I've been on Princess and all this is new now. Thanks for any answers.

Full suite, not mini-suite passengers also have priority boarding on Princess.

In March they allowed our children do have the priority boarding with us even though only my husband and I were in the suite and our kids had their own inside cabin.

Our friends who were traveling with us in a balcony cabin were on line with us but we were given a #1 card and they were given a #6. We all waited together inside the FLL terminal but we went when they called #1. The funny thing is we boarded at the exit same time as the woman checking us in was new and really slow.

We are traveling with another party that's not Platinum and will try to keep the group together. One of our party has a bad knee & is considered disabled. I hope Princess will take this in consideration when Priority Boarding and keep the four of us together. Then again - there's alway the quick Jackson that may keep things moving smoothly.

BTW - Skarletohara, I like you're style - don't forget the Grey Goose !!

This will be our first Platinum cruise. What do most of you do. Do you just walk up to the front of the line and find a representative or do you wait in line until they come to you? I don't know why but I feel weird about going to the front of the line.

You do not go to the front of the line.....you go to a different line.....:)

We are Platinum and have traveled twice with other couples who are not. Once in Los Angeles we were permitted to have one couple with us continue through embarkation without waiting in the main line.

Earlier this year in San Francisco they permitted the other four couples we were traveling with to go through the priority line. In that case there was no line after obtaining your cruise card.

In each location we have used priority embarkation there was a seperate line for such use an not simply going to the front of the regular line. Where we were permitted to go to the front of the line was after obtaining our cruise card where there was a line for actual boarding.

"guests" is :-) This from the Princess web site on Platinum benefits:

Preferred Check-In

When you arrive at the port, don’t wait in line. If you are a Platinum member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In desk to help expedite your embarkation.

Archived