How Was The Coffee???

AFT_LOVER

Since RCI is advertising Seattle's Best Coffee is served on their ships. Freedom had it and it was wonderful. In the dining room, in the cafes on Promenade deck for free, and room service. Nothing like that Russian rot gut on Jewel last May.

So everyone who is on a new cruise vote if the coffee was decent (that is was Seattle's Best) or rot gut!

I am slowly getting concerned about the coffee :o

I really like my coffee strong now and am getting worried they will make it too weak!

I know not everyone likes strong coffee, but you can always add hot water to it to dilute it down a little. Weak coffee is disgusting if you like it strong like me.

I know it is my problem, really, I'm such a fussy person!

I am slowly getting concerned about the coffee :o

I really like my coffee strong now and am getting worried they will make it too weak!

I know not everyone likes strong coffee, but you can always add hot water to it to dilute it down a little. Weak coffee is disgusting if you like it strong like me.

I know it is my problem, really, I'm such a fussy person!

Don't worry. RCCL usually brews their coffee strong. My aunt loved it on the Rhapsody because it was strong enough for her while my mom and I had to pour a lot of sugar and creamer in ours because it was too strong for our tastes (flavour was good, just too strong).

the espresso, latte, cappucino with regular coffee & decaf was Seattle's Best with the coffeemaker too. Freedom had no latte & it wasn't a Seattle Best Coffeemaker. Also no china cups & saucers all the days we were up there letting folks whose keys didnt work in. Just paper cups like to go.

Last May we cruised Scandinavia/Baltic & that was the WORST coffee ever. From dining room to the Windjammer, even room service all had this very black, very rot gut tasting stuff. So I went to the Windjammer & caught a guy refilling a coffeemaker with a Russian coffee, not Seattle's Best. It was the worst thing to taste ever.

They also sell Seattle's Best coffee at a stand for folks to buy. Iced or hot. Seattle's Best, much better than any Starbucks.

Seattle´s best has been served on the Jewel since she had her first sailing in 2004.:rolleyes:

Guess who owns Seattle's Best, though? At least they haven't converted to their nasty icky too bitter burned crud that they call coffee. Not that I feel strongly about it or anything.;)

Dont beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel.:D ;)

Dont beat around the bush. Tell us how you really feel.:D ;)

LOL!

Anyway, on Freedom, while the coffee may have been ok on the Promenade and in the dining room, it SUCKED in the Windjammer!! It was completely undrinkable. I put in 5 creamers one day and it barely turned a lighter color. That can't POSSIBLY be Seattle's Best served up there, can it?!?!?! :confused:

I've found that the coffee in the Windjammer is VERY strong and bitter. In the dining room, however, the coffee is much smoother--I love the dining room coffee! I think its all in how it's brewed--not so much the type of coffee, but ratio of grounds to water!

I've never really found the coffee on cruises to be to my liking. I'm a Dunkin Donuts coffee drinker. But hey, I don't drink much coffee on a cruise anyway. Now ask me about something from the bar and I'll give you an opinion :D

Since I know Seattle's Best is served all over Freedom, excluding WJ, as we never go there, but I trust the review. So let's get noisy. Under the coffee area is a cabinet with filters & bags of coffee. See what the name is on the bag! On Jewel it was in Russian, so I knew it wasn't Seattle's Best. If you added water to it it tasted like a handful of pennies in hot water.

Archived