Questions About The "New" Celebrity Journey?

Dolphins

I'm usually pretty patient. So I didn't attempt to re-transmit until after a message came up that suggested the transmittal failed. It happened again more recently. Maybe it has something to do with IE7.

No harm though.

Thanks Charles.

Cabo

I don't use IE7. Sometimes it appears that the transmit is not happening but it appears in reality that the transmit happens right away but the site times out before it returns to the page because of heavy traffic. So people think it has not transmitted and hit it agian making the dupes. How I determined that was the last time I transmited a message and it looked like it failed I opened Cruise Critic in a new, second tab and my reply post was there in the thread while it still showed nothing happening in the first tab. So I closed the first tab and continued reading the message boards in the new tab without creating a dupe like had happened to me before. Anyhow that is my theory about the many dupes that appear on these boards.

From another thread:

As best I could figure out much of the confusion is that TWO of the R-class ships have been called Pullmantur Blue Dream. I think R5 Blue Dream(1) is now Oceania Nautica.; R6 Blue Dream(2) is becoming Celebrity Quest. R7 WAS the Delphin Renaissance, then Pullmantur Blue Moon, is becoming Celebrity Journey. This is just from internet sources; if they were wrong, then I'm wrong.

R1 Currently operating as Insignia, Oceania Cruises

R2 Currently operating as Regatta, Oceania Cruises

R3 Currently operating as Pacific Princess

R4 Currently operating as Tahitian Princess

R5 Operated as Pullmantur Blue Dream(1) Currently operating as Nautica, Oceania Cruises

R6 Operated as Pullmantur Blue Star, then Blue Dream(2) is becoming Celebrity Quest

R7 Operated as Delphin Renaissance then Pullmantur Blue Moon is becoming Celebrity Journey

R8 Operated as Minerva II for Swan Hellenic and will become Royal Princess Apr 2007

That may be true, but I still don't see the justification for the increase in fares from Zenith to Journey. Celebrity is still Celebrity, so what's different? Maybe butler service in each room? Whoop-de-do. It makes no sense to me. Engineering 101 makes all valid points.

I am still awaiting Celebrity to explain the justification for Journey's high prices? I think they missed a golden opportunity to fill the void left by all the ships leaving the New York/Bermuda run in 2008 (Zenith, Horizon, Norwegian Crown & Norwegian Majesty). Former Bermuda passengers of those ships are now seeking an alternative but not at the price of Celebrity Journey.

The only way they can begin to approach being premium or even luxury for that matter is to ensure they stick with their plans for open seating in the dining room at dinner. If they revert to the fixed seating with two dining times and the singing/dancing waiters it will definitely be no different than the experience they are currently providing which is certainly rather hokie in my opinion.

I am not on the cruise to bond with my waiter. I expect service to be discreet and formal if it is to be a luxurious event.

Celebrity does not have singing waiters. They do the baked alaska parade- that is all. Princess and HAL does not do that either. The only lines that I have been on that does that is Carnival, RCI, and Disney-the lines that market to families with kids. The singing waiters are for the kids.

I am still awaiting Celebrity to explain the justification for Journey's high prices? I think they missed a golden opportunity to fill the void left by all the ships leaving the New York/Bermuda run in 2008 (Zenith, Horizon, Norwegian Crown & Norwegian Majesty). Former Bermuda passengers of those ships are now seeking an alternative but not at the price of Celebrity Journey.

I just saw Norweigen Majesty broke down in Charleston, SC this past week-end. I talked to two men who had been on her Christmas week. They said they had no air conditioning and it was sweltering and they could not sleep in their stateroom. They slept out on deck instead. The ship had "engine problems" they were told and because of this-so it could limp back to Charleston, the AC was cut off.

I don't think I would be interested in going to Bermuda on that ship. It is time for that ship to be retired. I believe I would prefer paying more then going on that ship. Just think if you paid $2200 for your penthouse suite and then you had no air conditioning?????????

• 2 weeks later...

momofmeg:

Do you want any of your infomation to be filled in on the Sept 15 Transatlantic on Constellation?

Could you examine the info on that board or email me at

cruisenut @ hotmail . com

Journey and Quest are ultra premium. Higher budgets than the rest of the fleet for food. Higher staff to passenger ratio. Every stateroom comes with butler and concierge class amenities. There are no staterooms being designated "Concierge Class". All staterooms, even the insides will have cc amenities and butlers.

Wine selections by the glass are being upgraded.

No one ever said that Journey would fill in for Zenith. There is a segment of the cruise market which is not being met... and these two new ships (for Celebrity) will fill that void.

Journey and Quest are ultra premium. Higher budgets than the rest of the fleet for food. Higher staff to passenger ratio. Every stateroom comes with butler and concierge class amenities. There are no staterooms being designated "Concierge Class". All staterooms, even the insides will have cc amenities and butlers.

Wine selections by the glass are being upgraded.

No one ever said that Journey would fill in for Zenith. There is a segment of the cruise market which is not being met... and these two new ships (for Celebrity) will fill that void.

I will wait for some reviews before believing they are ultra premium and that the higher prices are justified.

Archived