Need help RCCL, Carnival

Rheaya

So my budget has been revised and i need help choosing a cruise! I keep asking my boyfriend, but he says a cruise is a cruise and I should just stop thinking about one and choose it! But they are all great itineraries and great times, and I can't just pick one with. I've cruised on Adventure of the Seas before so I kinda know what RCCL is like, This time we would be going on Jewel of the Seas (which got a 5 rating here) or Carnival Liberty or Carnival Glory. I have had a negative impression of carnival, but I'm thinking about giving it a try.

Anyone has any comments or suggestions on how i should pick? I've always just one along with everyone else, never planned one of these on my own!

Your three choices are all great ships. I would recommend trying Carnival to form your own opinion over listening to others. After all, your boyfriend was right. A cruise is a cruise.

That being said, I am partial to RCI and recommend the Jewel of the Seas over any Carnival ship.

We just returned from our first Carnival cruise after 15 cruises on other lines (Celebrity, NCL, Princess, RCI).

The only real difference I found was that the sound level (pool band and announcements) on the Valor was higher than on other ships.

The food was great, entertainment great, staff great. We were given a negative impression of Carnival by others on some of our cruises but decided to give it a try.

Just my 2 cents,

Charlie

We too just gave Carnival a try for the first time this last March on the Carnival Liberty. We loved it. We were glad we tried it and we were pleasantly surprised. We are scheduled for the Miracle in 2008 and are looking forward to it!! Either way sure you will have a great cruise!!:D

Having sailed on both lines several times, may I say that if you like one line, you will no doubt like the other. They are similar in more ways than they differ. When cruise shopping, I more often end up going with Carnival because they have better pricing as a rule.

If it was any other ship then the Jewel I would give Carnival a try. I've never been on a RCCL ship but almost booked the Jewel for this Spring. All of the pictures and most of the reviews I saw were outstanding. Isn't the Jewel an 8 day cruise as well?

I've been on both lines, and I don't think you could go wrong with either. I'm much more partial to Carnival ships for many reasons - value, food, and crew much better IMO, and definitely MUCH larger cabins - but I would not turn down a cruise on RCCL either.

I think it would be nice, since you've tried RCCL, to give Carnival a shot this time. You might be very pleasantly surprised. Whichever - I'm sure y'all will have a wonderful time!:)

If it was any other ship then the Jewel I would give Carnival a try. I've never been on a RCCL ship but almost booked the Jewel for this Spring. All of the pictures and most of the reviews I saw were outstanding. Isn't the Jewel an 8 day cruise as well?

The Jewel alternates 6 day and 8 day cruises when in the caribbean.

We did a back 2back on the Carnival Liberty and it is by far the most amazing ship...there was nothing I would B***h about it...the food, entertainment, crew etc..were all fantastic...

We also did a B2B on the Carnival Valor...same layout and everything as the Liberty, but Liberty is much more superior...in all ways..

This year we are doing a B2B on RCCL..just to prove a point to my Dh...that Carnival is better..or maybe not???????lol

Just came off of the Jewel Sunday after an eight night cruise. The most beautiful ship that I have cruised in my twenty years of cruising. Great staff, VERY clean and well maintained ship. My choice would be the Jewel over the other two ships. Been on the Glory and would not do it again at any price. Too crowded and very poor passsenger flow. I love the Spirit class ships of Carnival but that is the only class that I would cruise again. I have photos of the Jewel in my link below.

We were NEVER going on Carnival again - until my husband found 8 days on the Legend for $349. Could not pass it up. We had only been on older Carnival ships- Fantasy, Imagination, Paradise. We were so pleasantly surprised with the Legend we then booked it for New Years (04-05). On the ship for New Years was Bob Dickerson and his family. He is the CEO and President of Carnival Cruise lines and he chose the Legend! Since we've been on the Glory & Valor. We won't ever hesitate to go on the newer Carnival ships. Love their deli which makes sandwiches to order as you wait. (my husband's favorite is their Reuban!) Give a newer Carnval ship a try. You won't be sorry!

Thanks so much for posting the pics! I'm fairly sure by my boyfriend's reaction he has decided which ship he wants! He seems to think that the Jewel of the Seas might be too stuffy for us, we are 24 and 23 respectively, but he thinks the Glory looks like lots of fun! It all comes down to price, so its still up to our TA. If anyone else has anymore pics of the Glory I would love to see them!

Ive sailed on RCCL, NCl and Carnival... I much prefer Carnival, maybe I'm easy to please, LOL... however, I find Carnival has the best prices and the bigger rooms... I'm 29 and my husband is 48 and we both really enjoy Carnival... I enjoyed the other lines too, but for the price and the cabin size Carnival is fantsatic for me :)

Thanks so much for posting the pics! I'm fairly sure by my boyfriend's reaction he has decided which ship he wants! He seems to think that the Jewel of the Seas might be too stuffy for us, we are 24 and 23 respectively, but he thinks the Glory looks like lots of fun! It all comes down to price, so its still up to our TA. If anyone else has anymore pics of the Glory I would love to see them!

Just beware that the Glory is a conquest class ship, and the conquest class tends to get congested; the Miracle and Legend are spirit class ships and much nicer. Less crowded, lots of great pools, even an adult's only pool-on the lido aft of Miracle anyway, and the spirit class ships still have the huge slide and the glitzy atruim.

Just came off of the Jewel Sunday after an eight night cruise. The most beautiful ship that I have cruised in my twenty years of cruising. Great staff, VERY clean and well maintained ship. My choice would be the Jewel over the other two ships. Been on the Glory and would not do it again at any price. Too crowded and very poor passsenger flow. I love the Spirit class ships of Carnival but that is the only class that I would cruise again. I have photos of the Jewel in my link below.

Thanks for the pics. Next cruise for us will be on this ship. Don't care about price differences. We were all set to book this ship for February but Princess came in several hundred dollars cheaper.

Not sure about the Jewel beeing stuffy (have never been on a RCCL Cruise) but I do know that we have met some of the greatest people on our Carnival Cruises. Very outgoing and friendly passengers on our two cruises. You would be hard pressed not to strike up some quick friendships on Carnival Cruise, from our experiences.

Oh yeah, and as Bonnie stated, the deli on board is oustanding. Ate ruebens everyday, wonder if they have delivery service to Michigan.:D

Just wish they could get their embarkation process down to under 2 hours.:mad:

Ive sailed on RCCL, NCl and Carnival... I much prefer Carnival, maybe I'm easy to please, LOL... however, I find Carnival has the best prices and the bigger rooms... I'm 29 and my husband is 48 and we both really enjoy Carnival... I enjoyed the other lines too, but for the price and the cabin size Carnival is fantsatic for me :)

I agree - and I am in my 60s!

No problem with the pics.:) Not sure about being stuffy as there was plenty of things to do on this ship and IMHO it was not stuffy. I like the more relaxed atmosphere of RCI over Carnival's constant go-go-go atmosphere. Cruised 16 times with Carnival and after trying RCI I have no desire to cruise with Carnival again. Nothing wrong with them but I find that RCI fits my needs much better. Also don't fall for the price thing. RCI is not always the more expensive of the two. Have a great cruise whichever line you choose.

We have been on Carnival, RCI, Celebrity and Princess, and hands down our favorite is Carnival;)

The food, the staff and crew, the activities, the beautiful ships and of course the incredible military discounts make it a no brainer for us.....We Love Carnival:D

BTW, we are 59 (me) and 60 (my DH) years of age, recently retired and we find that we do as much or as little as we want to on our cruises.....

Whichever cruiseline you choose, you will have a great time!!!!

Rick and Janine:)

This is going to be very subjective from person to person. We've been on many Carnival cruises, one Royal, Disney and Princess. Only one I wouldn't do again is Disney. But you'll find things you like about each one. Some people don't like Carnival..but I think you get a lot for your money. The only thing for us is that we went on the Liberty in Jan. and would never go on that class again! It was so congested the way it's laid out...hated that. Always a wall and have to go around...the areas to me are small so many are in one spot at once.

This is just me.

LOVED the Caribbean Princess and the Mariner....but I hear the Radiance class is very nice on Royal with all the glass.

If you wonder if you'll like a line, try it..it might be for you....and it may not. IMHO Carnival has the best entertainment hands down and I like their food better as well.

Good luck!

We've cruised on Carnival, Norwegian, & RCI - want to try as many lines as we can to compare. All cruises were great & we'd go on any of them again. If I had to pick, RCI was our least favorite (very quiet ship - not much activity due to much older crowd). Our 2 favorite cruises are Carnival Conquest & Norwegian Sun. I'd try Carnival. Many people bad mouth Carnival who haven't tried them or haven't been lately. We're not loyal to any particular cruise line but are loyal to cruising!

Archived