Early Christmas Gift

KeiEdy

We booked a junior suite on Monarch of the Seas leaving on January 3rd for 5 nights. When we booked the cruise in June 2005, the price for the junior suite was $1,000.00. We were excited since we booked the suite this would make it our 9 and 10th cruises. Diamond Members.

Last Thursday, I receive an email from RCCL. Attached to the email was a new itinerary. We have been moved from a junior suite to a grand suite. Nothing in the email about the change. I just noticed on the itinerary it said GS. I can't believe it. This is the best bargain we ever got from RCCL.

We booked a junior suite on Monarch of the Seas leaving on January 3rd for 5 nights. When we booked the cruise in June 2005, the price for the junior suite was $1,000.00. We were excited since we booked the suite this would make it our 9 and 10th cruises. Diamond Members.

Last Thursday, I receive an email from RCCL. Attached to the email was a new itinerary. We have been moved from a junior suite to a grand suite. Nothing in the email about the change. I just noticed on the itinerary it said GS. I can't believe it. This is the best bargain we ever got from RCCL.

Hey, neighbor! Congratulations on your visit from the Upgrade Fairy! Have fun, and keep the ship clean for meeeeeeeeeeeee! ;)

Thanks for the congrats. We did have a grand suite on our Alaskan cruise on the Vision. It was our 20th anniversary. Maybe that is the reason for this upgrade. I am grateful and will take whatever I can get.

Mohavemommy--great pictures of the room

MerionMom-I saw one of your emails awhile ago where you recommended a person at rccl. I usually book my cruises on the website but I did call him for our cruise in 2008. He was able to get me a hump room on the Explorer.

We started cruising in an interior stateroom but once we had a balcony I could never go back to an interior stateroom. After the grand suite, I think we will be able to go back to a balcony room......

Thanks for the congrats. We did have a grand suite on our Alaskan cruise on the Vision. It was our 20th anniversary. Maybe that is the reason for this upgrade. I am grateful and will take whatever I can get.

Mohavemommy--great pictures of the room

MerionMom-I saw one of your emails awhile ago where you recommended a person at rccl. I usually book my cruises on the website but I did call him for our cruise in 2008. He was able to get me a hump room on the Explorer.

We started cruising in an interior stateroom but once we had a balcony I could never go back to an interior stateroom. After the grand suite, I think we will be able to go back to a balcony room......

I can, but my kids are having a hard time with it. :) Our first three cruises, we were in identical E1 cabins. (and I DO mean identical: 7688, 7688, 7388 Explorer/Voyager). No problems, no complaints.

Then I *splurged* on a Grand Suite on the Enchantment, because she was sailing out of Philadelphia, so cancel out $1000+ in traveling to Florida costs.

They were SO disdainful of the JS we had on the Sovereign after that! Little snobs-in-training!

Gee, I hope that they survive the aft JS we have on the Enchantment NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

I had a very similar thing happen in October. We were booked in a GS on Navigator and received an e-mail with my itinerary and everything was same but the room number. I looked up the room and it showed OWNER's SUITE. I called RCCL immediately to verify and it was true. FABULOUS gift!

Enjoy your upgrade!

Archived