Do People Use the Ship's Pool in Alaska?

GoofingOff

My family is going to Alaska in mid-June. I'm wondering if the ship's pool get used much or is it just too cold. I realize usage will vary due to weather conditions, but I'm just wondering what the general usage is like.

I'll be on the NCL Pearl - I'm not sure if there is an indoor pool.

We had some really great weather on our cruise last Sept. But even at that I would guess at the max I saw about 25 people using the pool,and about another dozen using the hot tub at the same time.

This was on the Norwegian Sun

-Monte

We cruised in September, Coral princess, and used the main pool then the hot tubs! It was good, but not many other people used the pools ( more in the hot tubs). The main pools were heated and the temperature outside was not to bad.

Jo

My family is going to Alaska in mid-June. I'm wondering if the ship's pool get used much or is it just too cold. I realize usage will vary due to weather conditions, but I'm just wondering what the general usage is like.

Check on the NCL board, or look at your cruise documents or brochure, it'll show you if the pool is indoors or not.

We took the Sky Princess to Alaska back in '95 and there was but one tiny, unheated pool out on the Lido deck on the entire ship. It was August, but the only day there was someone in the pool was the day we were in Vancouver and it was in the 90's. The rest of the time it was just too cold to swim, but we found lots of other things to do.

With the newer ships and heated pools, I think you would be able to swim if you want to.

Charlie

We were on the NCL Star in '05 and my daughter used the pool. There were probably 10+ kids in the pool - plus about 2 brave adults.

Even indoor pools in Alaska get little use. But outside pools are definately deserted a great deal of the time. It's quite a contrast to see those brave soles swimming with me passing by with my jacket, hat and gloves on. :)

Archived