CRUISE LINE Single Supplement Bargains -- Post Here

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

Hey Jack, great deal! I've seen some great rates on TA's (not as good as NCL in Dec) -- some TA's (transatlantic) on RCCL for $449 - $499 for 12-13 days in April!! Again solo supp. is probably 100%, but the price is so great it doesn't matter. Celebrity also has a 13-day for $599 pp

I'm looking to take another TA. On RCCL this time in Nov/Dec but solo prices are around $2000 (inside/outside); I just don't have the patience to wait til 90 days prior to get the good deal....................................

Hey Jack, great deal! I've seen some great rates on TA's (not as good as NCL in Dec) -- some TA's (transatlantic) on RCCL for $449 - $499 for 12-13 days in April!! Again solo supp. is probably 100%, but the price is so great it doesn't matter. Celebrity also has a 13-day for $599 pp

I'm looking to take another TA. On RCCL this time in Nov/Dec but solo prices are around $2000 (inside/outside); I just don't have the patience to wait til 90 days prior to get the good deal....................................

Hey Nancy,

We'll all have to keep our eyes open for this fall. All those ships going over will have to come back! Let's hope for some great deals. This thread is so great for keeping up-to-date. I'll jump on any deal that looks good!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Jack

Hi Jack, Nancy, Dyan, and others from the Gem!

I'm also on the lookout for a good deal on a fall transatlantic. There were some great deals on the spring ones, but I have a problem getting away during the beginning of golf season = too many interclub tournaments scheduled. Besides which, I love flying over and taking all the lazy days back - makes the time seen even longer when they add on hours!

I was just wondering when these trips usually start to go on sale, or do you just keep browsing the sites?

Hey Nancy,

We'll all have to keep our eyes open for this fall. All those ships going over will have to come back! Let's hope for some great deals. This thread is so great for keeping up-to-date. I'll jump on any deal that looks good!!!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Jack

Hi Jack, Nancy, Dyan, and others from the Gem!

I'm also on the lookout for a good deal on a fall transatlantic. There were some great deals on the spring ones, but I have a problem getting away during the beginning of golf season = too many interclub tournaments scheduled. Besides which, I love flying over and taking all the lazy days back - makes the time seen even longer when they add on hours!

Hey Pat,

Sounds like you're keeping busy. Nice to hear from you, and, we'll keep our eyes posted for fall deals. :) . I agree with you, westbound is much easier to take - it's like getting free hours returned one at a time!!!

I was just wondering when these trips usually start to go on sale, or do you just keep browsing the sites?

In 2007, if I remember correctly, discussion about the December Norwegian Gem Trans-Atlantic rates began early in September. Nancy from Chicago told me about the CruiseCritic discussions while we were sailing on RCI that month. I'm lazy and pretty much wait to see something posted here. :eek: .:mad: .

Jack

My PVP called and I got a solo in Dec. '08 for $700 in 2465 on Glory. I've been looking for other deals and can't find any this good.

Tell us a bit more about this cruise. is it a 7-day? out of where; to where? it does sound like a great deal.

thanks!

re: your cabin (cuz i'm too impatient to wait for you to post :p ), I read: "I peaked into 2465 some time ago and saw 2 twins convertible into a queen/king ,despite it being rated a 1A inside cabin it has a window-not a porthole!" ??

Your TA sounds great! Really looking out for you! On a quick check its a 7-day out of Miami?

Jack, if I don't get back to the board before my trip - have an amazing Panama cruise -- talk about a GREAT deal! I want pix :p

I'm thinking of putting some cash aside and waiting for when the Nov/Dec TA deals start; but I get so antsy to book!!!

nancy

Another testimony to getting the best price vs the best single supplement.

Booked a September New England/Canada ten day cruise yesterday.

Both HAL (Eurodam) and Princess (Sea Princess) offer a virtually identical itinerary. HAL's sgl supp is 145% for an inside, Princess the dreaded 200%.

HAL's bottom line price for the lowest category guarantee and the Princess price for a top level inside cabin (not just guarantee) are nearly identical.

Guess which I chose. :p

Another testimony to getting the best price vs the best single supplement.

Booked a September New England/Canada ten day cruise yesterday.

Both HAL (Eurodam) and Princess (Sea Princess) offer a virtually identical itinerary. HAL's sgl supp is 145% for an inside, Princess the dreaded 200%.

HAL's bottom line price for the lowest category guarantee and the Princess price for a top level inside cabin (not just guarantee) are nearly identical.

Guess which I chose. :p

Congrats on finding a deal! Have a great cruise :)

If you qualify for the interline rate (airline associated businesses, military etc) you can sometime come up with a great deal on the single room rate paying $100s less. I have also been upgraded from no window to a window room by myself.

In fact, some cruise lines (CCL for one) will allow an interline person to book a separate room for family and/or friends on the same cruise. In fact, I am off next week solo on the VALOR in my own cabin.

Too bad being overqualified, overworked, and severely underpaid isn't a qualifier....

Hi Lois,

it's always nice to see you. I believe she booked Princess. That is the way I read it.

Marie

Hi Marie,:) good to see you too. I just re-read the post

and realized I misunderstood it the first time.

Thanks for the clarification.

But I think by the screen name Stevensan...I think

that is male;) then again, I could be wrong!

I have yet to sail Princess.

Hi Marie,:) good to see you too. I just re-read the post

and realized I misunderstood it the first time.

Thanks for the clarification.

But I think by the screen name Stevensan...I think

that is male;) then again, I could be wrong!

I have yet to sail Princess.

I believe you are correct. My apologies to Stevensan :).

My dh and I are cruising on Princess for the first time later this month.

Marie

I believe you are correct. My apologies to Stevensan :).

My dh and I are cruising on Princess for the first time later this month.

Marie

No apology necessary.:p

The final price was definitely not a bargain, the NE/Canada cruises are expensive.

But it's an itinerary I've long wanted to do.

I only intended to emphasis comparing bottom line prices, not just single supplement percentages. In my case the 200% for Sea Princess is a much better price for a superior product than Eurodam's 145%.

That was also a good thing shipwise. Although I like HAL's S and R class ships, I dislike Vistas.

At the same time, I thoroughly enjoy Princess's Grand Class ships. Go figure!

This will be my first time on Sea Princess, but I suspect she'll be similar to HAL's R class, at least in size and maneuvaribility.

Harking back to Princess's Grand class, one thing I'll surely miss is Crown's International Cafe. :(

Maybe the Patisserie is a reasonable substitute?

Sea is a sister ship to Dawn. Please come back and let us know all about Dawn.

Inquiring minds have to know.

Hi Stevesan:) I really want to do your itinerary one day as well.

It sounds so interesting and fun:D but you are correct that

particular one is quite pricey..no matter what line you choose:eek:

My very first solo cruise was the Canada/NE route in 2004 on the Maasdam. It was a great first solo because it was very port intensive. I loved solo cruising so much I came home and booked Alaska for just a few months later. Btw, Lois, I knew you would love Alaska and one time would not be enough for you :). I've been wanting to go back, but will wait for my dh for the next one. Btw, if I did not have my Europe cruise this Fall I would SO be on that wine cruise with you!!! I got such an unbelievable price on the cruise, and have always wanted to sail on the Prisendam, which is typically untouchable($$) therefore I can't give it up. Even with the dollor so bad, I am going!

I will let you know what I think about the Dawn. My dh will be with me so it won't be from a solo point of view.

Marie

Hi Marie:)

My sister sailed on Prisendam a few years ago. She MUCH prefers

the smaller ships and unless it was something out of this world

I don't think she would ever sail a larger one again.

Hope you have a wonderful time.:)

I saw the wine cruise on the itinerary a long time ago and wasn't

sure I was going to be able to do it. But with Uncle Sam's rebate

check I think it will now be possible:D

Lois,

do you know if Celebrity is going to offer this same cruise in 2009? I looked at their site one time, but could not find anything. I am not planning on cruising in 2009, but if they offer this itinerary I will book it.

Edited to say that I saw the Fall 2007 wine cruise, but we had a wedding we HAD to attend during the same timeframe, so it was not an option.

Marie

Lois,

do you know if Celebrity is going to offer this same cruise in 2009? I looked at their site one time, but could not find anything. I am not planning on cruising in 2009, but if they offer this itinerary I will book it.

Edited to say that I saw the Fall 2007 wine cruise, but we had a wedding we HAD to attend during the same timeframe, so it was not an option.

Marie

Hi Marie, yes they are and the itinerary is posted:)

I just checked the website. Click on Oct 2009, Mercury.

Next year it is actually 11 nights. (This year is 9)

She sails on Monday Oct 12th, 2009 from Vancouver

and ends in San Diego on Oct 23rd.

Looks good:)

Hi gang. I recently completed my first cruise, Celebrity Millennium, and look forward to booking my next. (Solo, of course!) Meanwhile, I was hoping someone could clue me in on cabin classifications. I've seen postings that refer to 1A, 2A, 3C, etc... are these universal for all ships or do the major lines have their own classifications?

I really enjoyed Celebrity and would sail with them again in a heartbeat...maybe when the big Solstice is launched?

Archived