Hubby Does not seem thrilled about upcoming cruise...

As many of ya'll know, we are booked in less than a month to sail SOS. This will be our second cruise. I saved up the money to go by selling things on Ebay, consigning my kiddos clothing, paid surverys, etc. I did not want to stick it all on a credit card and have it to pay off for months to come:eek:

My children are excited. My dd (3 yrs) keeps talking about the popcorn and ice cream that the ship has. I'm looking forward to getting away and making some awesome family memories, yet dh does not share my happiness. It's like it's a day at the mall for him. I almost feel like he would rather be somewhere else. I guess all I can do is make the most of it for my kids. He's a big boy and responsible for his own actions..I'm just hurt that he doesn't seem excited. I really worked hard to put this trip together...:(

Well I am sorry he feels that way!!

I thkink you should enjoy the time with your family....and I am willing to bet that the day before he goes on the cruise and when the kids are happy and excitied....he will be excited to go!!

Enjoy the SOS for me!!

As many of ya'll know, we are booked in less than a month to sail SOS. This will be our second cruise. I saved up the money to go by selling things on Ebay, consigning my kiddos clothing, paid surverys, etc. I did not want to stick it all on a credit card and have it to pay off for months to come:eek:

My children are excited. My dd (3 yrs) keeps talking about the popcorn and ice cream that the ship has. I'm looking forward to getting away and making some awesome family memories, yet dh does not share my happiness. It's like it's a day at the mall for him. I almost feel like he would rather be somewhere else. I guess all I can do is make the most of it for my kids. He's a big boy and responsible for his own actions..I'm just hurt that he doesn't seem excited. I really worked hard to put this trip together...:(

AAAAAW! Don't let your DH's lack of complete enthusiasm ruin YOUR excitement! Ya know.....sometimes it just seems as if men don't show their excitement the way women do......maybe that doesn't mean he isn't excited - he's just not as vocal about it as you are??

Stay positive - stay excited for your kids.....and I'm sure you will have a wonderful cruise with amazing memories! :)

I can sypmathize with the OP. My son & I have been on 4 cruises so far, my husband has only been on one of those. He went on our first cruise and decided that it just wasn't his cup of tea. He's not big on vacations anyway. I've booked a short cruise on Monarch for the end of January and this time it's JUST my husband and I. I'm making this our "romanctic getaway" so I'm hoping that will lure him back to cruising. Especially since he hasn't been on any RCI ships yet. I figure I'll start him off slow with Monarch, then if he enjoys himself I'll try to book a 7 night on one of the larger ships.

For the OP, just go and enjoy yourself with the kids and when the kids are in the club having fun, you & your husband can have your own fun alone time. Once he's in the atmosphere of the ship, he'll probably get more excited.

My DH doesn't get excited about it either, but once he is there and gets to eat all that great food and visit the ports he is glad he went.

But then, he can always find something to complain about.

I don't let that stop me from enjoying them.

35 cruises and counting :D

Yes, unfortunately, not everyone is as excited about cruising as all of US seem to be. :)

My kids didn't want to cruise with me last summer, so I went with a friend.

They aren't AS excited as I am about this week's cruise, but they WILL have a fabulous time once we are on our way.

Just don't let him drag your excitement down.

He WILL have a good time once you are onboard. Just hold on to that thought.

:)

I think it could be some sort of "guy thing." My DH has hardly shown any excitement about our upcoming Freedom family cruise, and I've expressed my frustration to him about this. His excuse is that most guys just don't show that kind of excitement. Put a Porsche in front of him, and he'll drool.

I can sypmathize with the OP. My son & I have been on 4 cruises so far, my husband has only been on one of those. He went on our first cruise and decided that it just wasn't his cup of tea. He's not big on vacations anyway. I've booked a short cruise on Monarch for the end of January and this time it's JUST my husband and I. I'm making this our "romanctic getaway" so I'm hoping that will lure him back to cruising. Especially since he hasn't been on any RCI ships yet. I figure I'll start him off slow with Monarch, then if he enjoys himself I'll try to book a 7 night on one of the larger ships.

For the OP, just go and enjoy yourself with the kids and when the kids are in the club having fun, you & your husband can have your own fun alone time. Once he's in the atmosphere of the ship, he'll probably get more excited.

The Monarch was our first ship. I have to say she holds a special place in my heart! You'll have a wonderful time!

I think it could be some sort of "guy thing." My DH has hardly shown any excitement about our upcoming Freedom family cruise, and I've expressed my frustration to him about this. His excuse is that most guys just don't show that kind of excitement. Put a Porsche in front of him, and he'll drool.

So true. Put a car they lust after infront of them and they get all excited..that and a golf game or some sporting event...:)

How was his excitement level on the 1st cruise you took??

As other's have said some guys just don't show that much excitement about vacations.

My Dh LOVES cruising, but he doesn't get into the planing & cruise boards as much as I do. In fact most of the time he's never really sure where we are even going! :) But once we are on the ship you'd think the whole thing was his idea!!

Have a great cruise, SOS is one of our favorite ships!

I am not saying this to be sexist, but there is one big way to get your DH to get excited, and that is to let him know subtly that there will be lots of "opportunities" while the kids are in kids' clubs. Buy a couple of treats such as sexy underwear and massage oil and let him get a glimpse of it. It will give him something to look forward to.

Viv

Hey - I'm a guy too (at least the last time I checked - hold on........ OK - Still a guy) and I love to cruise. In fact my wife hides her head when I dance up the gangway doing my "we're going on a boat" chant!

If your DH doesn't want to go - TAKE ME!!!!

As long as he's going, then be happy! At least he's doing something that doesn't thrill him FOR YOU!!!! My hubby didn't want to take our 1st cruise, but then he got hooked--for a while. I think the novelty has worn off. Now, he'd much rather just fly to an island and stay there. What ever--I don't really care, as long as the weather is hot!

Men--as long as they go along with the program, don't fret about his lack of enthusiasm!

Yes, unfortunately, not everyone is as excited about cruising as all of US seem to be. :)

My kids didn't want to cruise with me last summer, so I went with a friend.

They aren't AS excited as I am about this week's cruise, but they WILL have a fabulous time once we are on our way.

Just don't let him drag your excitement down.

He WILL have a good time once you are onboard. Just hold on to that thought.

:)

If you don't mind me asking, where are you going?

Are you traveling on RCI?

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

To the OP, give him a break. The cruise is a month away. Let's see a month of work, a month of everyday stuff, now if the cruise was tomorrow that is a different issue, but a month.

I have two scheduled, am I happy to being going? Yes.

Am I excited, not really, they are great vacations and when they are close I will be excited but not yet, too many other things to deal with.

Not all women are lucky enough to have a hubby willing to travel and get excited about it.. My DH and I sailed on Mariner for our honeymoon. He did not start showing any excitement or let himself relax enough to enjoy it until the 4th day of a 7 day cruise, (and I remind you... this was OUR honeymoon, and I tried to make the best of it, but frankly he made it no fun for the first three days, complaining about every little thing :eek:

He does not sail since that first time, and I cannot get him to go and enjoy even if it were all free. He looks at cruising as a complete big waste of money. He says things like "after the vacation, what do you have? "

He says nothing... and I say memories! :)

Well he will never agree that cruising is fun,and will never agree that it CAN be affordable, especially if you forego all the extras.

He rather have something tangible, that he could sell if he wanted one day and get value for it.. geez.. men are so strange sometimes. I can relate to what he says, but when we cruise it is not with the hubby... just kids and I. :(

I applaud the men out there who love to cruise and show excitement to take such a sweet vacation with your DW and/or family. I can certainly identify with any women out there who have less than excited spouses... mine never seems to get excited about much of anything (unless he is going motorcycle or dirt bike riding) I would give anything to be able to go SOMEPLACE with my hubby that he would enjoy, but cruising is not it for him! :eek: :mad:

My DH showed no enthusiasm on our first cruise but then it was a Disney cruise and overrun with kids. :eek: We were with our 5 yr. old daughter at the time. In planning our 2nd cruise he also showed no enthusiasm but after the first day he really got into it and now wants to only take cruise vacations. Like others have posted, you both can't feel the same way about everything. Once he is on board and sees you and your kids having such a great time, he might decide for himself what a fabulous choice it was for a vacation.

By the way DH thinks I am addicted and slightly insane to be on this board so much. We're doing the exact same cruise in a few weeks we did 1 1/2 years ago and this has become my 2nd home again. Alot HE knows! :rolleyes:

Have a wonderful memory making cruise.

Well.......this thread is about 90 percent women..........and I hear lots of complaints.

If I were to ever get a divorce...........I am never worried about finding the right person to cruise with for the rest of my life.

My DW and I just got off a 15 day Panama Canal cruise......to mark our 10th anniversary.......since our meeting on a cruise ship outside of Aruba,

and our trip was as good as the first one!!

Rick

It really does go both ways. We are going on the Mariner this coming July. I have been planning this cruise since our last which was Oct 2004. My DW does not want to even talk about it at this point. I love to plan vacations and she just does not get that. I will have the whole thing planned and I just have to let her know when we are leaving. I know she will get excited and have a great time once we are on the ship, but until then..

Archived