Tours in Ephesus, Turkey

Has anyone taken any tours in this city that they especially liked. :) Such as a good driver, good tour guide able to seee most of the high lites. They pick you up from the port. I am trying to get all of our tours in order. :confused: Would rather take our own tours rather than ship tours if possible. We will be going on the Legend of the Seas on October 12,2007 for Rome. Can't wait. Part of the fun is the planning.Thank you for your help.

Delores

We used yasar@newfacestravel in the summer of 2001. He was wonderful. He had lived iin the US for awhile so his English is great. We hasd used Levant in Istanbul before him but my family felt yasar was better.

Thank you Stipmom for your information, but I tried to get their web site and the search engine says wrong address or it may be spelled wrong. Could they have changed it? I found another tour that really sounds good was wondering if anybody has tried it. It is through Sammys tours. I found it searching with google. The prices are good.:)

I am heading to this city too around the same time--only with Celebrity Millenium-and would love to know what you find out.thanks!

Has anyone taken any tours in this city that they especially liked. :) Such as a good driver, good tour guide able to seee most of the high lites. They pick you up from the port. I am trying to get all of our tours in order. :confused: Would rather take our own tours rather than ship tours if possible. We will be going on the Legend of the Seas on October 12,2007 for Rome. Can't wait. Part of the fun is the planning.Thank you for your help.

Delores

Hi truenorth, Here is the link that I found you can look at it and see what you think. It sounds real good but would like to get some feed-back from other people before I book it. I will pass on any information that I get. I looks like you aren't allowed to put any links in. They blooked it out. My email is DGardella38 at aol dot com.

http://www.************.org/************org/ephesus_tour.htm

We used Meander this past summer for a tour of Ephesus and a whole lot more. They were wonderful and we could not have asked for a better tour at a great price. I would highly recommend them.

Chica

We just got back in October. Used Ekol Travel which was great. They have a website so if you do a google search (since some blocking of websites is occuring) you can find it. Prices are quoted in dollars and you can pay as an option via credit card instead and save some of the Euros you got. They were very responsive. We used them in Istanbul too. If you can't find it, e-mail me at arizonatraveler8@yahoo.com

Has anyone used Meander travel in Turkey. They have some real good tours. Good prices. Delores

Hi Delores:

I've booked them for our September 2007 cruise so can't comment first hand on our experience yet but saw many good reviews by others who used them when I did a search on the board.

I did contact several others that were mentioned here on the board as well but decided on Meander.

Julia

DH and I were just in Ephesus in November and we used Sammystravel. You can google them. Our tour guide was a wonderful Turkish gentleman named Chengiz, he was very knowledgeable and passionate. I dealth exclusively with Mehmet at that travel agency through email and he was very responsive to all my questions and needs. I can highly recommend them.

Have a wonderful cruiseicon10.gif

DScruisericon7.gif

DH and I were just in Ephesus in November and we used Sammystravel. You can google them. Our tour guide was a wonderful Turkish gentleman named Chengiz, he was very knowledgeable and passionate. I dealth exclusively with Mehmet at that travel agency through email and he was very responsive to all my questions and needs. I can highly recommend them.

Have a wonderful cruiseicon10.gif

DScruisericon7.gif

I'm pretty sure we also used Sammy's Travel in October. We had a wonderful guide named Sadat Kirkan. His email is sedatceres@yahoo.com. We spent the day seeing Ephesus, Mary's house, and St. John's Basilica and also had lunch in a Turkish restaurant. He was a great guide. We also had a driver so the guide didn't have to worry about the car.

I have booked an tour with Nejat in Ephesus. :) We have our tour in Cairo all set. I am now working on Greece. Part of the fun is planning the tours. We will probably take the ships tour for Naples and Amalfi coast.:confused: It is a lot cheaper. I think I am finally getting all of my eggs together.:cool:

Delores

We (a group of 13) used Meander Travel. They picked us up at the port with a private bus. This was one of the best tours of our trip. Our guide "Rose" was a joy and brought Ephesus alive for us. Rose worked some of the "digs" when she was in college.

We were able to adjust the tour to our liking and the whole group was more than satisfied.

I would not hesitate recommending this tour group.

Sue

Another plug for Nejat. We booked through him last year and were extremely pleased. He kept in touch with us via email and answered all our questions promptly. Highly recommended.

How do I contact Nejat? I'm looking for a tour for May.

Thanks,

Lynn

We have Nejat booked for our May cruise. We had him booked for our 2003 cruise, but due to the war, the stop at Ephesus was cancelled. I was so disappointed since it was the main reason we took that particular cruise. We can't wait to finally meet and enjoy the day with him.

• 3 weeks later...

We used Meander Travel in May 2005 for both Ephesus and Istanbul, and were very pleased with the 3 days. Hakan was our tour guide in Ephesus; he is an archaeologist, which was great for us. We also heard very favorable feedback on Nejat from people on our cruise and on this board.

We were in Kusadasi with the MS Rotterdam last year 2006.

I booked transportation to Ephesus through www.kusadasitaxi.net

The website is in German and in English.

We were met outside the terminal by the owner, Mr. Erkan Özcetin, a very friendly and helpful man.

A half day tour costs 39 Euros, entrance fee Ephesus ( approx. 4 Euros) NOT included. The price is not per person, but for a taxi (airconditioned) up to 6 persons.

Once in Ephesus, we hired one of the many licensed guides, that will be waiting for you at the entrance. The guide cost us approx. 30 Euros.

We can really recommend him.

Archived