does having plastic mugs/plates in the windjammer bother you ?

OK...call me stupid. I had a picture in my mind about picnic type plastic plates, forks, spoons and glasses. Most of the time my mouth reacts quicker than my brain.

It doesn't bother me in the least. By the time I get all the food piled on, I can't tell what it is :D

No problem with pladtic in the Windjammer. As others have said, safety is paramont.

I have a real problem with RCI allowing glass anywhere near the pool and pool deck. I was a lifeguard the summer after graduation from high school. There was no glass allowed anywhere near the pool. Much too dangerous.

I totally agree about glass near the pool area. I cringe when i see a beer bottle or a glass on the ground near the pool and not just in between chairs but right near the entrance to the pool.

I was on a tender last week, and someone pointed to the QM2 and said ... they are classy because they have real china, unlike the plastic crap we have on our ship. I was just thinking .... how much more did they pay for "real china" .... ? ;)

I don't specifically recall the plastic plates, but I have to say it didn't bother me. A lot of times we ate our lunch nearby the pool area so plastic certainly makes sense. And by then we were into "Afternoon special Drink" mode, so the "glasses" weren't an issue either.

NOW, if RCI starts serving Dinner in the Dining room on Plastic dishes & glasses, THEN I will have a problem with it. :p

The whole concept of the buffet bothers me! I'd much rather have table service--I serve myself at home--when I pay this much for a vacation, I'd much rather be served! That's why we eat almost every meal in the dining room, or one of the other eating venues, instead of the Windjammer!

You and me both, you and me both. However, if you were to ask my wife - buffets are perfect. Me and buffets? - not so much.

You've got total agreement from another former lifeguard (high school and college). We were on Brilliance in December and there was a group every evening enjoying their drinks in glass glasses in the hot tub. It drove me insane. I guess you can't take the lifeguard out of the girl!

On Voyager 2 years ago, they had to shut down the hot tub in the adults only solarium after somebody knocked a glass into the hot tub. They discovered the glass when a man was cut on the foot, pretty badly I might add since they had to do an Alpha, Alpha, Alpha call for it. I know at the pool bars they only use plastic glasses as well - so somebody had brought their glass from another part of the ship.

I used to be a big dining room person, then they changed and you have to sit where they put you, which was okay but not wild about it. I want my same waiter when I eat in there, they know me and my weird preferences. The portions are also too big for me. I am a nibbler due to surgery on my stomach. I like small amounts of things so the buffet works great, I can get a little bit and then go back if I feel I can eat more. Most of the time I cannot even finish what I get.

As for plastic, I use paper plates at home, so it is a step up for me! I hate to wash dishes so any time I dont have to fool with the cleanup is okay with me.

Please don't make me feel like I'm in a high school cafeteria!!!!

Maybe it's me, but I can't see why people need trays.......?????

First, I HATE self serve of any kind (I deal with it on a cruise) but the thought of people carrying gobs of food on trays just somehow makes me sick!!

Sorry......

I also hate walking around with a plate of food looking for a seat/table (reminds me of some homeless soup kitchen)...so our routine is...find a table, I sit, DH gets what he wants and then I get what I want...!! It's worked for years!!!

Please don't make me feel like I'm in a high school cafeteria!!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm well aware of my age and carrying a tray doesn't make me feel like I'm in high school.

Maybe it's me, but I can't see why people need trays.......?????

Well, maybe some of us just aren't as coordinated as you? I was only born with 2 hands and it takes both of them to carry that big plate, and then I'm juggling the silverware. My (plastic) glass requires a second trip back up front after I've put my food down. A tray would enable me to carry everything at once. Or I could do like most everyone else does and just try to juggle everything at once and end up dropping the whole plate. Now a pile of food on the floor? THAT'S disgusting.

. . .the thought of people carrying gobs of food on trays just somehow makes me sick!!

I don't intend to put "gobs of food" on my tray.... my food goes on my plate, and I wouldn't put any more on it if the plate was on a tray than if I'm carrying the plate in my hands. I can't help but wonder, though, if you eat out? How do you feel about waiters carrying trays of food to peoples' tables to serve them???

ATTENTION, ATTENTION, ATTENTION!!!!!!

This thought DID pop through my head when I was eating in the Horizon Court on the Crown Princess last July.

THEN SHE TILTED OVER, and just as all of you have said, IT'S A SAFETY ISSUE.

A huge percentage of the injuries on that deck, which contains both the buffet and the pools, were from flying and breaking glasses and china plates.

Wounds would have been far fewer and much less harmful if there had been plastic plates and glasses/cups.

Quod erat demonstrandum. (Q.E.D.)

:rolleyes:

Archived