Victor Bodden guide/driver recommendations? (MERGED THREADS)

RealDeal

We went on our Victor Bodden tour Dec. 3rd. We had Ali as our driver. I cannot say enough about the tour and Ali. This was by far our favorite place we have ever visited.

Ali took us wherever we wanted to go. He is an amazing person and so full of knowledge. We went to the poorest parts of the island to a restaurant on the beach. No matter where we went, we felt safe and everyone we met was super nice. We even met Ali's mother, nice woman! :D

We had the chance to meet Victor and his wife and 1 of his daughters. Bought some nice items from there place and the price was cheaper then the markets.

We left Roatan all to soon. We had so much fun discovering the island. You cannot go wrong if you book any driver thru Victor Bodden, but we would use Ali again! Truely and amazing person!

• 2 weeks later...

I had booked Victor's Tour a few months ago. Got off ship and went to meeting place, just to the left across the street. Can't miss sign carrying guides. I had booked 4 of us to go, but ended up inviting another couple to tour w/ us. Wanted Ali or Tex, but had to settle on Marley because he had a van. I'st place was South Canopy Zipline. Wow.. we really enjoyed this..I've ziplined in Jamaica and in Belize.. this was the best.no bugs.. no DEET.then went to West Bay & West End. Stopped by Victor's property and paid$2 to see monkies/deer up close..Talked to Victor about driver being so quiet. Victor took care of this.. When we left the farm the driver started pointing out everything...we then headed to French Harbour..stopping to take pictures of shipwrecks along the way. Also stopped to see where the new Carnival pier was being built, just East of Coxen Hole. Was told RCCL owns the pier that is being used now. We all really enjoyed this Tour. CJ

I just got back and from roatan and a great victor bodden tour and norma was my guide for the day. I went as a solo and she should me the whole isand we even made a stop at the butterfly garden and a local grocery store to buy some rum. she had a very clean 4wd suv. She also was very knowelable about the island. ask for her she was great.

David

• 2 weeks later...
I have booked Victor for our cruise in March. We're planning on doing the ziplines, touring the area, and going to his house to see the animals. Though most posts on this board RAVE about Victor and his guides, I have read one post saying they did not like the tour guide they had.

If you used Victor, did you love the guide? If so, who did you have? & finally, does anyone know if you can ask for a particular person?

We just did this tour last month, and I cannot remember our guides name, it was something like Ano I think. He actually had 2 thumbs on one hand. You can request a specific guide. If you email Victor he will respond promptly. This was a great tour and we will do it again if we ever sail to Roatan.

We booked a tour and Ali was our driver and he was great. He grew up on the island and knew all about the area. We went to Half moon bay and went out on a Snorkel trip with Richard. That was one of the highlights of our trip. Richard took the 2 of us out to the reef and then went into the water to help guide us and point out some of the cool things in the reef that we would probably not have noticed. We were fortunate enought to meet Ali's grandmother in town. She is a very special woman. We also saw the monkeys.... Ladies watch out they know how to go in your pocketbook and take what they want.... They are also fond of earrings and sunglasses;)

We had six visitors to Roatan on 12/24/08 off the Carnival Valor. We reserved a van with Victor Bodden and had a great day. Yes, they took us to any shop we wanted, and to see the monkeys and iguanas and to a great relaxing beachfront restaurant and some other scenic spots. And everyone enjoyed it all very much. But here is what really impressed me about this company: our driver Marty- who was very personable and attentive- had an unexpected and unavoidable family matter to attend to during our visit. The company quickly provided not one, but two excellent replacement drivers to make sure we had seamless coverage and that our touring was not affected until Marty rejoined us after just a short while, and Victor personally met with us to make sure we were comfortable- which we certainly were! I wish you could get that kind of customer service here in the states!! I am very happy to recommend this operator as the best possible way to get the most out of your visit to Roatan!

Anne was our guide the day after Christmas. The only complaint we had was the time on the island was too short! Anne was accommodating and made suggestions to help us fit the most into our limited time.

We did the zip-line at Victor's. Our guides, Armondo and Alex were great and they stayed with us the whole way. Then we played with the monkeys. So Cute! My son bought a pastolito (excuse the spelling) there. He said it was the best food of the trip!

Then we did the add on snorkeling. Just the 5 of us on the boat with a driver/guide and a helper. Richard, the guide, swam with us and pointed out interesting things in the water. We all thought this was great for $15 each.

We loved our day in Roatan.

I'm late getting on here but we used Viktor Bodden tours for our day in Roatan in November. William, Viktor's brother was our guide. We had an awesome day and saw a lot of the island.

My bil's knee was hurting so we changed our plans after we got there so that less walking was involved--and it was no problem.

I wanted to call home to check on my daughter who was sick and William took me to a place that was 50 cents per minute.

A link to my review in my signature and I have pictures there!

I would definately do this tour again. It was my 2nd favorite day of the cruise (nothing could top swimming with the dolphins in Cozumel)

We loved our day in Roatan and hope to go back one day.

We had NORMA as our guide. She was freindly and informative, and she explained a few things about BODDEN TOURS...

She said the guides work on a rotating basis, so she works about once every 30 days. They use thier OWN vehicles, and it makes a really good part time job.

This would explain why some guides are very good - so you will pass the word along and ask for them by name so they can work more days in a month.

just trying to find out how much do you tip the driver for three people?

I do not want to stiff anyone and can not seem to get an answer any where thanks :)

Don't really know what's proper--but we tipped $5 per person extra.

There were 4 of us at $25 each so that was a 20% tip.

We will be on the Valor in May and interested in booking with bodden.

Since we are in port from 12-7, how long are the tours and

what time does the sun go down?

There are so many things I want to do but it seems like the time is short.

Any help is appreciated.

We are touring with Victor in a week. We are traveling with our infant son and will be bringing his car seat with us. Do the vans have seat belts? Also, my parents will be with us and don't do well in the heat...are the vans air conditioned?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

We were in a ver nice air conditioned van with seat belts just last Friday! We requested Tex and had a wonderful time. We zip lined and then went to the beach. You make your own scedule and I think we were there from 8:00-2:15. Wish we could have more time at this port!

We were in a ver nice air conditioned van with seat belts just last Friday! We requested Tex and had a wonderful time. We zip lined and then went to the beach. You make your own scedule and I think we were there from 8:00-2:15. Wish we could have more time at this port!

Thanks!

Don't really know what's proper--but we tipped $5 per person extra.

There were 4 of us at $25 each so that was a 20% tip.

That's what I did.

But I think we just tipped $20 for 2 of us. Our guy was very nice, and that extra $20 would be able to provide a lot more for them then it would to us.

But I would say 15% - 20% of your overall tour price would be appropriate.

We were on Roatan, Jan 2nd and used Victor, our guide was Ali. He was absolutely wonderful. He knows so much about the island as was just a delight to deal with. Whenever we get back to Roatan we will not hesitate to contact Victor and ask for Ali as our guide once again.

• 2 weeks later...

We had Lionel last week and had a Fabulous time.

Did the island tour, then went to Victor's for the monkeys. (leave your water bottles in the van when visiting the monkeys) The guys did the Zipline. Then some snorkling at the beach. It was $25 / pers for 4 people.

We had a van that could have fit another 4. We gave $5 / pers tip.

It was a great day and worry free because Victor came highly recommended on this board.

Thanks again to CC for making another great day possible,

We booked an island tour with Victor Bodden tours for 12-31-08. We were on Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas. It was a wonderful experience. We chose an island tour and went to many different parts of the island. We picked some shopping, sightseeing and a beach destination. The driver and guide were amazing. They took us to many beautiful places on the island to take pictures and view the natural beauty. They took us to a wonderful place for lunch on the beach. The tour was very personal to our group and the things we wanted to see and do. I highly recommend Victory Bodden tours.

Strongly considering booking Victor Bodden tours for our cruise in February. Booking a group of 4 to go to a beach where some can snorkel and some can sit and relax.

For anyone who has booked with Victor, will we be able to stay at the beach for as long as we want? We are not sure if we'll want to see other sites or just sit around on the beach all day...

Thanks!

Strongly considering booking Victor Bodden tours for our cruise in February. Booking a group of 4 to go to a beach where some can snorkel and some can sit and relax.

For anyone who has booked with Victor, will we be able to stay at the beach for as long as we want? We are not sure if we'll want to see other sites or just sit around on the beach all day...

Thanks!

Yes, you pretty much run the show...they do what you want and when you want. Just let them know at the begining what your plans are. If you change your plans just let your driver know and I'm sure they will accomidate you. I would highly recomend the beach because other then playing with monkeys and ziplines there isn't much else in Roatan. I wish we could have went to the beach the day we were there but it was rainy :( Hope you have better weather!