Breaking a record?

Roadwork

I heard about a elderly lady, whose family wanted to put her in a nursing home. She didn't want to, so she lived on one of the now defunct Viking lines ships for something like 13 years, when the line asked her to leave for psychological reasons. When the ship entered its drydock she got on one of the line's other ships. I don't know if this is the record, but it's gotta be pretty close.

Kerry

I have to ask.

KrazyKruizers are you trying to break a record? You have 77 so far today and still going strong.

I wonder what the record is?

:D Roadwork - funny - I have thought the same thing to-day. It seems every time I went into CC, all I was was KrazyKruzer's name in the last post column, so for fun I decided to check to see how many posts she made to-day. I counted 71 made from 7:59am to last count at 7:53pm - obviously I haven't seen the last 6 that were made. Maybe she is trying to beat Sail7Seas record of 1512 posts (new count). Just checked again and now she is up to 1494 - just another 18 to go to beat the record. ;) :D

Come on KK - fess up - is this what you are trying to do? :D

Oh, boy! Maybe we'll have an old-fashioned hair pulling screeching cat fight on the board to see who can get and hold on to the most posts. We probably should have revneal referee and Host Doug verify the totals on a daily basis.

This sounds like fun!

However, it's not fair. Sail is sailing right now, not posting ... which is, perhaps, why KK is posting like mad ... trying to surpass Sail before Sail gets back!! :D

As for me refereeing ... heck, no, I'm going to crash the competition! Haven't you noticed that my count is almost back to 900? At the rate I'm posting I'll be somewhere over 1000 again by the time I go on my cruise. :D

:D Roadwork - funny - I have thought the same thing to-day. It seems every time I went into CC, all I was was KrazyKruzer's name in the last post column, so for fun I decided to check to see how many posts she made to-day. I counted 71 made from 7:59am to last count at 7:53pm - obviously I haven't seen the last 6 that were made. Maybe she is trying to beat Sail7Seas record of 1512 posts (new count). Just checked again and now she is up to 1494 - just another 18 to go to beat the record. ;) :D

Come on KK - fess up - is this what you are trying to do? :D

Get those posts while Sail is away - I'm sure she will have much to report when she returns!

Marc (Orcrone) -

For awhile you were beating everyone with daily posts... have you lost any of your enthusiam? Perhaps the Dress Code thread? Some days it is too much for me to deal with! :)

:)

I couldn't believe it myself yesterday when I realized how many posts I had done.

Not trying to break any records. It was just one of those days.

Some days it is slow on all the boards and some days it is busy.

Guess I need to go on a cruise and get away from it all.

And it sure beats looking at the stock market everyday - going down - going down - sinking like the Titanic.

:)

Its wonderful when I can count on all the HAL regulars to answer my questions so fast ! Last night I asked a question and had two good answers in no time. Its what really keeps a board vital and why I've stopped visiting some of the other cruise boards.

And as much as I griped, I do love the new boards. Its all about resistance / fear of change (sort of like the new tipping sustem on HAL!).

Marc (Orcrone) -

For awhile you were beating everyone with daily posts... have you lost any of your enthusiam? Perhaps the Dress Code thread? Some days it is too much for me to deal with! :)

Some days I get on the boards and can't post quick enough to keep up with them. Other days I don't seem to have much to say (DW wishes that were true at home).:D I guess I'm better at the sprints than the marathons.

Actually, I only booked another cruise to have a reason to post some more. (What am I up to now)?

Superstein,

Sometimes that thread is a bit too much to bear. I do think that you take it a little too personally, but that's OK. As long as you post your thoughts on the subject without getting negative towards the poster. And I think you do a good job of that. I just don't like it when some people take to name calling and derogatory comments about others.

The thing I find amazing is that if people from the opposite camps on this issue met on a cruise they'd probably get along great (at least until formal night).:eek:

Superstein,

Sometimes that thread is a bit too much to bear. I do think that you take it a little too personally, but that's OK. As long as you post your thoughts on the subject without getting negative towards the poster. And I think you do a good job of that. I just don't like it when some people take to name calling and derogatory comments about others.

The thing I find amazing is that if people from the opposite camps on this issue met on a cruise they'd probably get along great (at least until formal night).:eek:

true - the thing that bugs me - and I guess where I take it too personally - is I am not trying to convine people to dress a certain way. I tell people, if they like to dress up - do so. I just would like folks to accept people no matter how they dress - and not worry what someone wears.

I have tried to bite my tongue at some of the shots thrown my way. Its hard at times, but I am trying.

Superstein,

I look at it this way. I also can't understand why some people get so hung up on what others wear. But they probably can't understand why it doesn't bother me to see others dressed casually on formal nights.

So I'll occassionally post regarding the subject, but most of the time I just read it and move on. Because I realize that the subject is just going to go around in a circle with nothing resolved.

Oh - you must check it today - its a hoot

Superstein-

I was there a few minutes ago - I wish I hadn't checked in... :(

Yuk - what a bunch of insulting attitudes. I liked your statement about the piercings - however, I am not even gonna touch that one - it will just get me riled up and it's Friday, I want to relax tonight. :cool:

Archived