Breaking a record?

Roadwork

:)

I think Doone was the first one on the HAL boards to get the Blue Ribbon status. But when the system was revamped and the new system was installed, thousands of posts were lost in transition. This effected not only Doone, but everyone on all the boards. Even sail7seas lost her Blue Ribbon status as well.

Host Walt made a statement that material is going to be kept for only so many months. I wonder when the administrators start to dump older material if this will effect the total number of posts again???

I think Doone was the first one on the HAL boards to get the Blue Ribbon status. But when the system was revamped and the new system was installed, thousands of posts were lost in transition. This effected not only Doone, but everyone on all the boards. Even sail7seas lost her Blue Ribbon status as well.

Host Walt made a statement that material is going to be kept for only so many months. I wonder when the administrators start to dump older material if this will effect the total number of posts again???

Interesting statement about dumping old data. The total number of posts could still be retained if they choose to keep them. It would depend on where it was stored.

KK, you better get posting or "MM" alias "Sail7Seas" might beat you out since she is back. :)

:) Roadwork

I am not worried. I just happened to have had a day when I was able to make a lot of posts. It never happened in the past and I seriously doubt if I would ever be able to make that many posts in a day again.

But - the question is: Who will be the first HAL poster to get the Blue Ribbon status?LoisR with over 2000 posts?

sail7seas with over 1500?

Orcrone who posted around 65 posts yesterday and now has over 1300?

KK

What a contest. I assume eveyone has to pick someone so I am in your court. I do enjoy your posts.

Lois R is very close. She has lots of posts on the Celebrity board also, so she could be considered a favorite contender for some.

Orcrone must have a slow day in the office, wish I could.

GO GIRL:D

:) Roadwork

I am not worried. I just happened to have had a day when I was able to make a lot of posts. It never happened in the past and I seriously doubt if I would ever be able to make that many posts in a day again.

But - the question is: Who will be the first HAL poster to get the Blue Ribbon status?LoisR with over 2000 posts?

sail7seas with over 1500?

Orcrone who posted around 65 posts yesterday and now has over 1300?

Definitely not me. I had a lot of posts because of question regarding the cruise that I just booked and the "Blender" thread. That won't happen again (unless you come up with another thread like "Blender").:D

Orcone, I agree The Blender thread is the best I have read for a long time. How about joining me for a cream soda and TBird and some of that ice cream with the strawberry wine?

Just want to say that some people get very hung up on the number of posts and upset about the "empty" posts. They feel that a post is useless unless it conveys information.

I do agree that one of the great things about the boards, and this one in particular, is the amount of knowledge out there that can be passed on. I've utilized the board countless times for that purpose. But I also think that the comaraderie is also a very vital function. I enjoy coming up with things that hopefully give people a laugh and improve their day a little. It does a lot for me when I read threads like "Blender" and "people dying at sea" that got resurrected a while ago. I feel that a number of people here I consider friends, even if I've never met them in person. If the administrators would like to remove my post count, that would be fine with me.

One other thing. I have my first HAL cruise coming up in 3 months. I would never pretend to have any kind of knowledge that people like S7S, KK, Doone or Peaches has. I may have as many posts as some of them, but I think everyone knows who to turn to when real knowledge is needed, and it's definitely not me.

Orcone, I agree The Blender thread is the best I have read for a long time. How about joining me for a cream soda and TBird and some of that ice cream with the strawberry wine?
I'd love to. Which cruise are we going to be thrown off of?:D

:D Roadwork - funny - I have thought the same thing to-day. It seems every time I went into CC, all I was was KrazyKruzer's name in the last post column, so for fun I decided to check to see how many posts she made to-day. I counted 71 made from 7:59am to last count at 7:53pm - obviously I haven't seen the last 6 that were made. Maybe she is trying to beat Sail7Seas record of 1512 posts (new count). Just checked again and now she is up to 1494 - just another 18 to go to beat the record. ;) :D

Come on KK - fess up - is this what you are trying to do? :D

Did I actually post 1512 posts in one day? (I seriously doubt that!!) When was it? Whew.....that's alot of posts. Thanks for counting them for me. :)

Orcrone....there is knowledge and there is knowledge.

I, personally, think you have a great deal of wisdom!! :)

Okay....have this post removed if anyone wishes as it does not carry any specific cruise info.

Did I actually post 1512 posts in one day? (I seriously doubt that!!) When was it? Whew.....that's alot of posts. Thanks for counting them for me. :)

No you didn't make them in one day. Your total count was 1512, when I posted that and we were kidding KK that she was trying to catch up to you and pass your total, which I think she did.

Why should this post be removed? We have been having fun with it and it hasn't bothered KK or anyone else that has a high total of posts - does it bother you??????? Lots of posts and Topics have nothing to do with cruising but this, like the Blender one, was fun for everyone, I think.

Esme....reread, if you please.

I never implied the thread should be removed nor do I think it should be. It is all good joviality.

What I suggested could be removed if anyone wished was [b]my[/b] post. Upon rereading, I think you may understand it in that way. Or maybe you will not. Whatever!!

Thanks for counting my posts for me......very thoughtful of you. :)

Maybe you should have read my original post more closely. :rolleyes:

I didn't have to count your posts - everyone's total is in the upper right hand corner of each post you make and it is also posted on your Profile! :p

One reading was sufficient.

Yes, I have noticed there is a post count. listed beside each post. I am quite sure that is not new to this board but has been like that since I enrolled some years ago.

I'm most appreciative of your attention to the details of all of my posts. I find that flattering. Thank you. I shall attempt to keep them interesting.

[quote name='sail7seas']Orcrone....there is knowledge and there is knowledge.

I, personally, think you have a great deal of wisdom!! :)

Okay....have this post removed if anyone wishes as it does not carry any specific cruise info.[/QUOTE]S7S - Thank you very much for your kind words:)

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]Esme[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]You are right. The snide remarks that were made and are still being made haven't bothered me in the least. In fact husband and I have just sat back and laughed at it.[/color][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue][/color][/font]

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=blue]Hi everyone,....I know ever since I first found Cruise Critic I kind of felt like...well, it is a big family. Different backgrounds, places, types of people....but we all had one thing in common...CRUISING:D [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Now, I also know I went CRAZY over on X before my first cruise.....which was in May 2003....I probably posted from the minute I got home from work until I went to bed. If that is extreme..and it probably is..well, call me xtreme LOL...I wasn't trying to "set a record" but I was just loving this site and it was plain FUN. Some folks maybe think..."she needs to get a life"...oh well...let them think it. There are probably alot of worse things to be doing than being on here;) .[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]Anyway...I was about 8,000 posts when the new boards came into effect....I never got involved with the folks who were upset about losing their posts......like I said, It never was a big thing for me. I always try to be helpful....and I prefer steer clear of confrontations...call me a "wimp" LOL....[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#0000ff]I didn't realize how much I was going to fall in love with cruising......it is now my vacation of choice...and I am very happy to have found CRUISE CRITIC.......and if it wasn't for Fodors I don't know if I would have found it! I was over there...and they suggested for anyone looking for specifics on cruising....to come here:D I am glad I did![/color][/size][/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]So how are the contenders doing?[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Just for the record from July 24 (10:58 AM) - July 27 (midnight)[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Lois R - 2270 posts (that's 113 posts in the above time frame)[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]sail7seas - 1672 posts (160 posts in that amount of time)[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Orcrone - 1396 posts (77 posts in the same amount of time) - you're slipping[/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff]Everyone enjoy the day.[/color][/font]
:D

KK......

:) You didn't share what your count for the time period is. I wasn't sure there was some contention going on. It must have begun while we were cruising :) But, now that I know.....I'll be watching the "race". :D Fun!! I'm all for a little fun wherever, however, we find it.

I hadn't thought of actually counting the number of posts anyone made.....how did you go about doing that?

It is fun though, isn't it?

For those who make comments "we need a life".......gee, any chance we can choose to do with our individual lives exactly what we wish to do?

KK and DH are retired. They've earned the pleasure of not being scheduled to do anything particular at any particular time if that is how they want it.

My DH is still involved in his business. I no longer work outside my home. I've had an illness this year and I do not have the energy I used to have. I am home more than I used to be and I love coming here and "playing" with nice cyber friends.....Not that I need to account to anyone, do I? :)

And Orcrone gives us so many smiles....how can that be a bad thing?

Lois kindly explained her enthusiasm.

Everyone....enjoy your day; enjoy your life in whatever way suits you best.

Archived