?? For those who have cruised since the new dining times were put in place????

sail7seas

Good point about the staggered times not impacting the level of service. I do agree with you, that there are too many tables assigned to the stewards. And I saw the head guy, the Maitre'D doing a lot of work helping serve. That is not what I normally see. This was my first experience with the new, staggered dining times.

They cancelled the 8 PM seating on the Z for the July 3rd sailing. Seems a large group of 700 (Family Value meeting) objected to the split seating. I guess they all had to be together so they could talk between the 700 people. I believe this had a drastic effect on the service with the waiters having to get everyone started at the same time. We literally had to run to the shows and arrived 15 minutes late one night.

I had to wait for a wine steward most nights, but when he came he was polite and brought my wine quickly once I ordered.

WE always ask the wine steward for both the wine list and the next night's menu when he brings the ticket to sign. We then decide what we'll be eating and drinking and "order ahead". Almost always the wine is waiting when we sit down.

George, I will let you know how it goes, we are scheduled for 6:15 - lower level which should be just perfect as long as the staff is on their toes...

We are sailing on Friday.

I am also suprised that the lido dining is available for such a limited time 6-7:30. It seems 6-10 would make more sense !

• 3 months later...

Welcome home big richard,

Looks like the times on your cruise were different. It had been 8:00 and 8:30 and a lot of people disliked the 8:30. I sure hope they change to your times on all future cruises.

We had the new dining times on Westerdam, early lower and all of the above comments apply. We did not get to know our waiter, we had Baked Alaska Parade with our main course.

Not sure that the Baked Alaska Parade is going to survive this new dining schedule!:cool:

P.S. I will take a creme brulee over it any day!;)

Not sure that the Baked Alaska Parade is going to survive this new dining schedule!:cool:

P.S. I will take a creme brulee over it any day!;)

Yumm-mmm, I love Creme' Brulee. I agree that they could end up eliminating the Baked Alaska Parade. I think it will be a loss but I really did not enjoy having the Baked Alaska Parade during our Main Course. They turned the lights out and started the Parade and during it they were bringing out our Main Course, so when it was finally time to have dessert it lost all it's fun and fizzle making it just Neopolitan Ice Cream and Cake:( So I would rather have Creme' Brulee, Maybe Chocolate Creme' Brulee:rolleyes:

Archived