Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

DH and I are getting ready to board next Sunday and from everything that I've heard the soft serve ice cream and frozen yogurt are still available 24/7!! I'll probably hit up the machine a couple of times before we leave NOLA!

Yep! We ended up cruising on the Conquest this summer and the kids (and DH) loved the 24/7 ice cream!

Traveling Sat. 11\9\13 to Sat. 11\16\13 LAST CRUISE ON CONQUEST OUT OF NOLA !! Has anyone lined up a meet and greet, or knows any info on one for this cruise ? This is my 3x's on the conquest, but 1x since 2.0 upgrade. Feeling excited : ) this would be my first meet and greet being I'm new to CC. Thanks for any help or comments in this matter. HAPPY CRUISING !!!!

Disappointed in this! It was nice to be able to get into the hot tubs with out the kids playing and splashing.

+1 on this. Not trying to be curmudgeonly or anything, in fact, I dig kids... well behaved kids that is. Behavior aside, kids like to splash and scream when in close proximity to a pool... Sometimes this is awesome, but most of the time these days, I prefer to do my pool time sans the special effects. ;)

Traveling Sat. 11\9\13 to Sat. 11\16\13 LAST CRUISE ON CONQUEST OUT OF NOLA !! Has anyone lined up a meet and greet, or knows any info on one for this cruise ? This is my 3x's on the conquest, but 1x since 2.0 upgrade. Feeling excited : ) this would be my first meet and greet being I'm new to CC. Thanks for any help or comments in this matter. HAPPY CRUISING !!!!

Have you look for a Roll Call? I'm on the 2nd leg of the repo from San Juan to Miami and we have a huge Roll Call thread going.

Re: the adult (or not) aft pool - this is particularly concerning to me since they decided not to bother with adding the Serenity area when they did the 2.0 upgrades. Only thing I can think is that they're planning on "Sunshining" the ship eventually and adding a really nice Serenity Area then. But until that happens (or doesn't), one would think they could AT LEAST keep the aft pool adults only. :(

do you mind scanning & emailing your copies to me at kmmayeux@netscape dot net

I have saved them in a photobucket album and I'll put the link below. I think I still have a couple days to scan.

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/myfourkidsmom/library/conquest%20fun%20times%20may%202013

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, since the ship doesn't start sailing from Miami until the day I disembark, 11/24, there won't be any FunTimes until after then!

Guess I should have done more research :) guess I will have to wait.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

That's OK. At least there will eventually be some FunTimes out there for your itinerary. Since my repo cruise is a one-off, everything will be a total surprise for us, including what nights might be elegant nights, when the PG party will be held, etc.

I'm such a planner I ever got out my Fantasy FunTimes from May since I'm doing the same cruise on 9/1. Just wanted to refresh my memory so I don't waste my valuable cruise time figuring out what I want to do and when I want to do it! :p

Im totally a planner too my husband jokes about me having post cruise depression when its all over. I said "nah I will just start planning the next one"

Has anyone stayed in one of the inside rooms with obstructed view before? If so what did you think? I have read good and bad reviews.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

On my first Carnival Cruise in 2008 (which was the last time I cruised), the friends I sailed with only wanted to eat in the main dining room for every meal. The first meal when we arrived was in the buffet on the LIDO and one other day I was able to eat breakfast alone at the buffet in the LIDO. I am so looking forward to trying all the new options and other old options for meal times on my next cruise on the Conquest 9-1-13. My question is... do they serve biscuits and gravy at the buffet for breakfast? I have read a few bad reviews about the breakfast buffet. I do plan to try the Punchliner club breakfast one day and Blue Iguana breakfast burrito as well. Any opinions on the breakfast buffet?:cool:

Edited by plattwear

Is there a Cigar Lounge on the ship?

Looks like cigar smoking is allowed in the Jazz club.

Smoking (cigarettes/cigars/tobacco pipes/e-cigarettes) will be allowed in the jazz clubs of the following ships: Carnival Triumph, Carnival Victory, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Glory, Carnival Valor, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Freedom, and Carnival Splendor.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/SmokingPolicy.htm

On my first Carnival Cruise in 2008 (which was the last time I cruised), the friends I sailed with only wanted to eat in the main dining room for every meal. The first meal when we arrived was in the buffet on the LIDO and one other day I was able to eat breakfast alone at the buffet in the LIDO. I am so looking forward to trying all the new options and other old options for meal times on my next cruise on the Conquest 9-1-13. My question is... do they serve biscuits and gravy at the buffet for breakfast? I have read a few bad reviews about the breakfast buffet. I do plan to try the Punchliner club breakfast one day and Blue Iguana breakfast burrito as well. Any opinions on the breakfast buffet?:cool:

I also have never seen biscuits and gravy on the buffet on Carnival. I did see it everyday on NCL though.