Conquest only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

We will staying in 7419 (balcony for 3) on June 9th - I'll be sure to post some pics when we get back :)

We are just down the hall in 7411 on the same cruise!!! I think we chatted on the roll call. Are you cruising with kids?

• 2 weeks later...
I see this is an older post but thought ill give a ? Anyway conquest was upgraded when what year and also which ship is preferred conquest or glory they have the same 7days and ports

Sadly (and I still cannot fathom why it wasn't added during the drydock), Conquest does NOT have a Serenity area. Glory does and it's quite nice.

I'm truly bummed about it since I spend my sea days trying to rest and read, and that's difficult to do in most public areas of ships (I sail solo so book the cheapest 1A cabin I can get). I suppose I'll have to try to find a lounger down on the exterior deck on Lobby. :(

If anyone sailing soon can do this, I'd appreciate it - I'd like to see a pic of one of the mid-ship 1As - there are only three, one on Upper, Empress and Verandah - cabins 6393, 7345 and 8357. They're located right behind the laundry rooms, starboard, by the mid-ship stairwell/elevators.

I've searched EVERYWHERE for pics of these cabins. So if anyone boards and passes one with the door open, please stick your head in a take a pic for me! :D

Do I want to switch from the Breeze to the Conquest?!?!

Why would you want to? Price? Price should be a lot less, but Breeze is the newest ships with all the bells and whistles to me.. Id keep Breeze unless it saves you a lot of $$$.

Conquest is upgraded but still a 10 year old ship. Not as many food options, no waterworks, no serenity deck, no rope course, no red frog pub, and on and on.

Why would you want to? Price? Price should be a lot less, but Breeze is the newest ships with all the bells and whistles to me.. Id keep Breeze unless it saves you a lot of $$$.

Conquest is upgraded but still a 10 year old ship. Not as many food options, no waterworks, no serenity deck, no rope course, no red frog pub, and on and on.

I keep asking myself. lol I've been on the Breeze twice already, and I LOVE her. It's about $350 a person less for the Conquest. I've never sailed her before. I don't know what to do.

I keep asking myself. lol I've been on the Breeze twice already, and I LOVE her. It's about $350 a person less for the Conquest. I've never sailed her before. I don't know what to do.

I personally loved Magic, but I guess that would be a lot like Breeze to you?

Conquest mostly was great, a few problems here and there. I think Ive done Conquest 7 times, so a few problems not unexpected. Its a nice ship, and I am fine with what it offers, though I do miss mongolian BBQ they took away to put in Guys burgers.

It will have fish and chips you didnt have on Breeze.

It also leaves from NOLA and some like to come in a extra day to stay in the french qtr which is right next to the port.

For $600 Id try a new ship. Come in and stay in or near the French Qtr. Can you drive from where you are? I know some do. Find a hotel that includes cruise parking if you drive in like Holiday Inn Superdome. No ship would be worth a extra $600, almost $100 a day to me. Its about a 10 hour drive to me to do Conquest .. but the price is right.. so I do Conquest instead of the more expensive Magic, which Ive already seen and loved, but price difference is now too steep. Its the same exact 7 day menu and the same ports as Magic, so I refuse to pay a huge $$$ difference.

Edited by firefly333

Sadly (and I still cannot fathom why it wasn't added during the drydock), Conquest does NOT have a Serenity area. Glory does and it's quite nice.

I'm truly bummed about it since I spend my sea days trying to rest and read, and that's difficult to do in most public areas of ships (I sail solo so book the cheapest 1A cabin I can get). I suppose I'll have to try to find a lounger down on the exterior deck on Lobby. :(

If anyone sailing soon can do this, I'd appreciate it - I'd like to see a pic of one of the mid-ship 1As - there are only three, one on Upper, Empress and Verandah - cabins 6393, 7345 and 8357. They're located right behind the laundry rooms, starboard, by the mid-ship stairwell/elevators.

I've searched EVERYWHERE for pics of these cabins. So if anyone boards and passes one with the door open, please stick your head in a take a pic for me! :D

We will be staying in 7419 on June 9th sailing - I will try to snap a few pics of 7345 if I can.

We will be staying in 7419 on June 9th sailing - I will try to snap a few pics of 7345 if I can.

I posted pics of 6393 in this thread as have many others. Since all three cabins are identical, I didnt take pictures of the cabin on deck 8, but there are tons of pics of these cabins. I know big duck posted pics too, that I saw before I did my first one of this group. just put in the cabin #, 6393 into the search option for instance.. but I know there are pics of all three cabins on Conquest and all other ships posted on CC if you search by cabin #. I found many when I was looking.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=839087&highlight=6393

In fact I did "search this thread" for 6393.. this is on conquest and your cabin will look exactly like this... scroll down to 515

See post #515

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=31242127&highlight=6393#post31242127

Yes, I've been in the "1A" thread. That's how I found out about those cabins. But there don't seem to be any pics of the one on Empress, just the other two. Yes, they "should" be identical, but you know Carnival! :p

Is 10 years considered old for a ship? Sheesh, I just finished my 6th on Fantasy and she was built in 1990.

I didn't want to even sail Glory but I did and liked her. I don't want nor need the newest and biggest ship. I just want a ship to get me where I want to go. And, yes, price is a big factor when I'm deciding to book. I would never, ever book a more expensive cruise just because of the ship. I might because of the itinerary, but never for the ship.

I'm sure the newer ships are very nice. When they're 10 years old and no longer priced higher, I'll consider them. Maybe! I hope that by then I can sail smaller ships, like some of HAL's. I loved Zaandam's size and layout.

Well my roommate for the Breeze just cancelled on me. 5 days before final payment. Im still going to go solo, I just don't know which ship would be better for a solo person. Breeze or Conquest. I have done Breeze. I just dont know what to do. Neither sailings roll calls are hopping. Ive never actually cruised solo.

Can anyone help?

How are the room temp in the cabins?

I'll be in room 7411 in Dec and was just wondering.

If it's hot, is it allowed to bring a fan with you on board?

Thank in advance to anyone...:D

Can anyone help?

We just got off Conquest this morning. We thought the room was warm and that was with the air turned all the way down. It didn't feel like the a/c started working at all until we set sail and then stayed warm the entire time. We were in cabin 6327 and my mom was in cabin 6284 and hers was warm too.

I don't know about bringing fans. I'm sure someone else can answer.

Well my roommate for the Breeze just cancelled on me. 5 days before final payment. Im still going to go solo, I just don't know which ship would be better for a solo person. Breeze or Conquest. I have done Breeze. I just dont know what to do. Neither sailings roll calls are hopping. Ive never actually cruised solo.

thats how I started going solo, my sister got married and cancelled on me ES, so she was a no show and I went by myself.

I found I like solo as I can do what I want. Do traditional dining if you can so you have people to eat with.

Ive done both conquest and Magic (similar to breeze) solo. I liked them both. Conquest has guys burgers which I enjoyed and the rocking chairs to sit and read. Magic is better if you like to lie in the sun, which isnt my thing. Lots of good food choices that are new on the Breeze, but if you havent done conquest.. both would be fun to me. Id guess Breeze being newer is quite a bit more.

Edited by firefly333

Can anyone help?

I thought the air was fine. There is an adjustable dial in the room and we kept it mid-way most times and I was cold.

We were in room 7442.

Edited by Kim_KS

We're booked on the Conquest 02/2014. We've never been on a ship with the 2.0 upgrades. I have a few questions and want to clairfy some things if I can :o

Is the pizzaria still 24/7? It looks like the Caesar salads & calzones have been removed from the menu?

If I understand correctly there's no charge for Guys Burgers, the Blue Iguana Cantina's food, the Taste Bar and Fish & Chips. Do I have that right?

Is the line long for the Taste Bar? What do they serve from the Sky Grille now? Does anyone know the hours for Fish & Chips?

Thanks for any help. As you can tell I'm all about the food on a cruise :rolleyes:

We're booked on the Conquest 02/2014. We've never been on a ship with the 2.0 upgrades. I have a few questions and want to clairfy some things if I can :o

Is the pizzaria still 24/7? It looks like the Caesar salads & calzones have been removed from the menu?

If I understand correctly there's no charge for Guys Burgers, the Blue Iguana Cantina's food, the Taste Bar and Fish & Chips. Do I have that right?

Is the line long for the Taste Bar? What do they serve from the Sky Grille now? Does anyone know the hours for Fish & Chips?

Thanks for any help. As you can tell I'm all about the food on a cruise :rolleyes:

I just got off the Western Carib itinerary and our times were the following:

The pizza is still 24/7 but no calzones or salad.

You are correct that there is no charge for the restaurants you mention. Guys is open 12-6. The Cantina is open for breakfast (7:30-10:30) and lunch only (12-2:30). Fish and Chips opened at 12 and closed at 2:30 (sea days) or 3:30 (port days). I don't know the hours of the Taste Bar (I think only evenings). There was never a line when I walked by.

I don't know about the Sky Grille. I actually don't know what that is and I don't see it listed in the Fun Times.

Edited by CascaisCruiser

Just booked the Conquest for a B2B in April 2015. Any comment on porthole? we are in room 2220. Thanks .

I walked into 2219, the PT cabin opposite on Conquest by accident (all the doors were propped open when I boarded and went to my cabin early). As you can see the twins are pushed together.

Picture003_zpsb3be5ffa.jpg

Picture002-1_zpsd60ad0eb.jpg