2008 Royal Caribbean Cruises to Bermuda

ctr1258

They will be out in mid to late May. I was planning on taking a 5 night to Bermuda this summer, but there is no way I am paying $1600 PP for a five night. The prices for Bermuda have gotten insane.

Try pricing the Empress of the Seas out of Philadelphia, you might get much better prices.

Jimbo:)

Try pricing the Empress of the Seas out of Philadelphia, you might get much better prices.

I don't know if I could do 7 days on a ship as small as Empress :eek: ! Everybody that sails on it seems to like it, but I think its a little small for me, Sovereign is about as small as I'll go.

I love RCCL and am a Diamond C&A but do not understand nor do I accept their overall pricing out of NYC Bayonne for Bermuda or anywhere else.

I am sailing on the Enchantment in May since I will not pay those excessively high Bayonne prices. It is like RCCL looks at NYC and adds about $500 on the price since they figure it is money not going for airfare...that in addition to the assumption that everyone in the NYC area is filthy rich...their Celebrity prices out of Bayonne to Bermuda are ever worse and what did they do? They brought in a new ship with only a portion of the passenger capacity.

My best way to sail RCCL is find a good price out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale....the prices are cheap and competive as is the airfare and flights....and if you lucky like me, you fly for free by using mileage awards.

I think we need more competition in NYC like they have in Ft Lauderdale and Miami! I know that when there is little competition in a major city area the cruise lines feel they can charge whatever they want...this was confimed to me by a Carnival rep when I asked why their prices on Legend out of Tampa were out of line with prices out out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale.:cool:

Sorry but I forgot to mention another important issue....for many years there were 4 or 5 major cruise line ships that sailed to Bermuda every weekend...split between Saturday and Sunday. The cruise lines were Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess and Home Lines. Cruise Lines sailed full on these runs and used them as a good marketing gimmick to hook New Yorkers on cruising. I don't know why these cruise lines stopped? I do know that the government of Bermuda does not help with their outdated rules and regulations that restrict the size of ships visiting Bermuda...cruise lines do not want to build ships in the class of 25 to 5o thousand tons anymore and most of the ships they had in this class have been sent off to the far east or India when they become over-aged!

I think we need more competition in NYC like they have in Ft Lauderdale and Miami!

I totally agree! That's why I started the petition that's in my signature to bring more ships to the Northeastern ports.

It's not just the price of the flights that's the issue for some, it's the inconvenience of flying, then perhaps getting in a day early and now you're also paying for a hotel room. Then of course there are those that either WON'T or CAN'T fly. I think there are plenty of northeastern ports and we all certainly could use more ships up here to lessen the price a bit.

just to clear up the issue, RCI does not sail out of NYC anymore (we did sail out of NYC pier to Bermuda in '03).

ships go out of NJ and Philly. We sailed out of Philly to Bermuda on empress and it was great (out second trip to Bermuda), but yes, it's very costly.

even pricing out 5 days to Bermuda are insanely expensive in busy summer season. but if you don't mind the off-season high seas and cooler water, sailing in may or sept/Oct is much cheaper (sometimes 2x less).

one word about empress - it's a small ship, but stopping in st. georges and Hamilton is worth it! king's wharf is just NOT the way to go.

Here's a great pic i took in '06 of the empress in Hamilton.

normal_IMG_0053.JPG

and a wide shot:

normal_IMG_0052.JPG

As you can see in my sig, I took Empress out of Philly last year in Sept. The price was pretty nice, IMHO, but yes there is the risk of adverse weather changing plans. Keep in mind that you have overnight time in the ports in Bermuda, so you can be off the ship and running around the island all evening if you'd like.

JC

Rarebird - Thanks for the memories!! :) We were in Bermuda August 2005 and sailed from Philly on Celebrity's Horizon. Yes, it is very nice to dock along side the streets. We enjoyed the convenience of getting on and off in minutes!

ctr1258 - I am planning on booking an extented family cruise to Bermuda in the summer of '08 also. I called Royal Caribbean and they said to look in April for the itineraries to come out. :rolleyes: Remember the sooner you book the better the price will be. :D Good luck.

They will be out in mid to late May. I was planning on taking a 5 night to Bermuda this summer, but there is no way I am paying $1600 PP for a five night. The prices for Bermuda have gotten insane.

I know, last year (summer) prices were much lower and the year before, about half that. I sailed a JS to Bermuda in '05 for under $1K pp.

I love RCCL and am a Diamond C&A but do not understand nor do I accept their overall pricing out of NYC Bayonne for Bermuda or anywhere else.

I am sailing on the Enchantment in May since I will not pay those excessively high Bayonne prices. It is like RCCL looks at NYC and adds about $500 on the price since they figure it is money not going for airfare...that in addition to the assumption that everyone in the NYC area is filthy rich...their Celebrity prices out of Bayonne to Bermuda are ever worse and what did they do? They brought in a new ship with only a portion of the passenger capacity.

My best way to sail RCCL is find a good price out of Miami or Ft Lauderdale....the prices are cheap and competive as is the airfare and flights....and if you lucky like me, you fly for free by using mileage awards.

I think we need more competition in NYC like they have in Ft Lauderdale and Miami! I know that when there is little competition in a major city area the cruise lines feel they can charge whatever they want...this was confimed to me by a Carnival rep when I asked why their prices on Legend out of Tampa were out of line with prices out out of Miami and Ft Lauderdale.:cool:

Welcome to my world! If I lived in Miami I would live on a ship for those prices!:D We have Celebrity and RCCL out of Bayonne, several Carnivals, princesses, NCL's, Cunard, Holland, etc. a very short distance from Bayonne in NY. We have plenty of competition! All are higher priced in NYC area! We are used to it! We would like another RCCL added to the Explorer but with 2 Celebrity ships and the Explorer already going out of Bayonne and it's pretty tight, I do not see it happening unless they somehow enlarge the port or return to Manhattan or Brooklyn. A few of the lines are less expensive then RCCL but we prefer RCCL so just deal with it! ;) If you think Celebrity out of Bayonne was expensive before, wait till you see what they are getting for the "ultra luxury" Journey as they call it! Butlers are pricey you know! LOL The Explorer and Celebrity are sailing full capacity so they know they can get the money.

The Jewel sailed out of Boston to Bermuda on a 5 day cruise last October, not sure if they are doing it this year.

How have you been? Are you married yet? When is your next cruise? My next is on Freedom in April! I can't wait! Hope you are doing well and cruising often!

Yes Bonnie, Finally got married, My wife Donna (Disneyblonde) and I got married last June, we went On Freedom of the Seas for our Honeymoon, you will love the ship, very big, lots of people but it flows well.

We have been doing alot cruises still, Went on Disney Wonder this past September, my wife loves Disney so we just had to try it. It was one of those special 10 day cruises so there was not that many kids onboard, it was during the school year too which helped.

We had booked another cruise for next week on Holland America( Westerdam), but instead we bought a house together in November so we canceled that one a while back.

We are going ot Disney next week though, Donna's parents have time shares down in Orlando so we are going down there. Should be nice to get away from the cold weather that is starting to hit here now, talking about bad weather the end of next week also, Here's hopeing we get out in time. We fly out on the 9th.

Take Care

Archived