Children's soda card?

2boyzmom

That doesn't seem right. Afterall, a 7 year old drinks alot less than an adult. I guess we'll buy them by the can instead.
Gee, senior citizens also drink less soda. Hmmm... some people drink more soda, others less. How do you quantify or qualify that ahead of time? I think the current system is fair: you have a pretty good idea whether the soda card is better for you than getting them by the can and you have options. It's all about the options.

Gee, senior citizens also drink less soda. Hmmm... some people drink more soda, others less. How do you quantify or qualify that ahead of time? I think the current system is fair: you have a pretty good idea whether the soda card is better for you than getting them by the can and you have options. It's all about the options.

Sorry but I disagree. Many other lines offer lower prices for soda cards for children. Especially when Princess does not offer free lemonade or punch like other lines I think that's the least they can do.....

Sorry but I disagree. Many other lines offer lower prices for soda cards for children. Especially when Princess does not offer free lemonade or punch like other lines I think that's the least they can do.....

Back when the Disney cruise line had the soda cards it was still one price for everyone, no breaks for kids. Soda was always included as long as you were sitting in a restaurant but not at other times.

As a mom of 3, I can honestly say that my boys at 7 would have still drank way more soda than me. As adults, we're also drinking coffee, tea, beer and other alcoholic beverages so I bet if you took a poll it would turn out that on a whole most kids are still drinking more soda on any given day on a cruise.

Depending on how much your child drinks, it still may end up being more cost efficient for you to purchase the soda card. It this is all they're willing to drink, then just go for the soda card as you'll end up paying less in the long run.

DH doesn't drink any alcohol, but he's a soda fanatic. He can't get refills fast enough, especially outside the dining room. So we buy two soda cards, one for him and one for our 10 year old DD. She gets the occasional soda, but half the time she just orders her dad a second soda so that he can down them two at a time! LOL.

--Junglejane

That doesn't seem right. Afterall, a 7 year old drinks alot less than an adult. I guess we'll buy them by the can instead.

Before you get too upset at the same price for adults and kids - I just looked up the price for soda cards on RCCL. They charge $4.00 per day for kids and $6 per day for adults. If I remember correctly, Princess charges around $4 per day for EVERYONE.

Before you get too upset at the same price for adults and kids - I just looked up the price for soda cards on RCCL. They charge $4.00 per day for kids and $6 per day for adults. If I remember correctly, Princess charges around $4 per day for EVERYONE.
You're right. I think it's $3.95/day; perhaps less per diem on longer cruises. I'll know in 2 weeks. :)

I can't believe how much pop some people drink. On our last Cruise I think I saw more people drinking coke than coffee at breakfast time!!! To us pop is a treat - something had at birthday parties or Friday night pizza parties - certainly not everyday fare. Anyway...

The only reason I remember this is because it was so shocking to me. I believe the pop card on NCL this past New Year's was around $69. $69!!!! I think Princess is half that price so consider it a savings.

On our last cruise on the Pacific Princess our soda sticker cost us $112.00+!!!:eek:

Imagine how upset we were....... OK, OK, it was for 29 days :D

Buying the soda is the best deal going and it all works out to about 3 sodas a day, if you drink more than that, you should be fine. If you drink less than 3, then buy by the can.

For those that are real soda drinkers, remember that the sticker is for "fountain" or "from the gun" soda and that on most Princess ships you can ask for a "large" glass. There is always someone on here who will pipe in and complain about the "flat" soda. I have never found this to be the case. They will also try to tell you that the servers treat you differently than if you were buying a can. I have also NEVER found this to be true. In fact the 4 or 5 servers that we usually dealt with would give us the high sign when we walked in or sat down and never even had to ask what we wanted, they knew and were more than happy to serve us. Then they would stand and chat with us when they were not busy.

Ed

I found that Princess Soda card is very cheap compared to other cruises based on per day sale.

I dont think I ever would buy a soda card on Carnival or ROyal-- alomost 50 bucks per person for a 7 day cruise.. considering half the time you are off the ship to begin with.

The CB will have tons of sea days compared to what we are used to.

COnsider what it will cost you to buy your kids one can of soda per day-- almost 14 bucks.. for only one soda-- its worth it for the soda card.

My 16 yr old will drink more soda then a 7 yr old.

Now, if my child is alone, and gets a soda is he expected to tip on that?

The 15% tip is built into the cost of the soda card. If buying by the can, it will be included in the cost automatically.

when you purchase the soda card in the beginning of the cruise they add a 15% gratuity.

So to answer your question, no your child is not expected to tip additionally.

Bill

I never do the soda card anymore but purchase fountain soft drinks. Used to be available in three sizes: small, medium and large for $1, $2 and $3 respectively. The $3 was extremely large (like 44 ounces or bigger). Now they only serve the small and medium. Don't now why. For the kids, I get the small $1 (plus 15 cents gratuity). Also, we bring cans along as well and store in the refrigerator.

Anyone, no matter what the age, buying a soda onboard, the tip is included. If you purchase the soda card, you would buy one for each person so again, the answer is yes, the tip is included. (Not sure why you would think that a tip wouldn't be included since it doesn't matter whether your 16 year-old is alone or not.)

I never do the soda card anymore but purchase fountain soft drinks. Used to be available in three sizes: small, medium and large for $1, $2 and $3 respectively. The $3 was extremely large (like 44 ounces or bigger). Now they only serve the small and medium. Don't now why. For the kids, I get the small $1 (plus 15 cents gratuity). Also, we bring cans along as well and store in the refrigerator.
The number and size of the soda glasses depends on the bar and time of the day. You'll find the large plastic glasses on the buffet/pool deck, less frequently at the bars inside the ship, particularly the Atrium bar.

Kids drink less than adults?

I drink all of my soda most of the time.

Kids get a soda and off they go to the pool, come back and soda is warm so off to the bar for another. Again take a sip and off they go. This is repeated time and time again. So the logic that kids drink less doesn't hold up.

Maybe they should charge more for the Kids soda sticker.;)

Jay:D

Archived