Southwest Booking Thru 24 August

Ah, the priority boarders go first, but the priority boarders cannot sit in the exit row. Whenever I fly SW, I ALWAYS try to be the first or near the front to try and claim a seat in the spacious exit row. Usually if I'm not one of the first, the exit row is already claimed. With the odd exception of when I was flying back from Tampa once and didn't get to check in at the 24 hour ahead mark and got a "B" group. I was the 3rd in line in B and still managed to get an exit row seat. I was surprised, but happy.

Well the guy who camped out, he wasn't in the exit row, WE sat in it..lol..so why was he so anxious and anal?..lol..

I The only thing I do not like about SW is the people who fly it and get in the "A" line TWO hours before the flight leaves, this is SO rediculous!!!

Sometimes the flight you're getting on has originated in another city, so if you want to sit with whoever you're travelling with you pretty much need to be near the front of the A line. Also I've found that some of Southwest's gate areas have very limited seating; if you're going to be standing (or sitting on the floor) anyway, you might as well be in line.

You will have better luck separating flights for changes that are currently under 1 booking number by calling the customer service number (not toll free number) and speaking to someone here. I have even on 2 occasions gotten them to refund me the money onto my credit card as opposed to keeping credits to be used within one year. They will only do this if you are just rebooking same flights at a lower rate(but not with a DING)

I booked a cruise in January as a birthday present to my mother. The ship leaves out of Tampa but I have been unsuccessful in finding airfare under $500 pp. This is ridiculous pricing but its due to Spring Break. Any other time we would expect to pay around $175 pp.

I am still hoping to catch a SW Ding fare or last minute price break but if there are no seats available, we will have to drive to another airport. We live in Virginia (no way we can do a 12-hour drive).

Ok, Southwest experts.

I may change my entire flight plan.

If I want to change my flights, and I get the original fares back in the form of a credit, do I need to cancel the first set of tickets FIRST before re-booking, in order for the credit to work properly?

Credit is linked to that Confirmation Number you already have. Click Travel Tools, then click Change Air Itineary, Put in Confirmation Number and Purchaser Name, after that it pretty easy from there selecting your new itineary. If there is any price difference with your new selections you will either be given credit with a new Confirmation number which will hold that credit for you up to 1 year from when you made your first purchase of the original ticket or be asked to pay the difference with your credit card for the new ticket.

Jimbo:)

Yes, when you go in to change the iten, you can completly change even the cities you are traveling to. Otherwise you will need to cancel the first plans and then rebook being sure to "view and apply electronic funds" on the payment screen. Sometimes you may have to wait several minutes before you old credit shows up as available.:)

Yes, when you go in to change the iten, you can completly change even the cities you are traveling to. Otherwise you will need to cancel the first plans and then rebook being sure to "view and apply electronic funds" on the payment screen. Sometimes you may have to wait several minutes before you old credit shows up as available.:)

I usually just cancel and re-book when the rate lowers......applying electronic funds as you said. But then I am usually just getting the lower rate and keeping the same itinerary.

Good , helpful discussion here.:)

Ok, I know that I am starting to sound STUPID, but I don't want to mess this up.

If I go into my reservation, with my confirmation number, and click "changes", and change the day of my flight west, and cancel my flight east, it will apply the amount paid to the one flight, and keep the rest as a credit with SW to be used any time in the next 365 days?

Is that right?

:cool:

:p

Ok, I know that I am starting to sound STUPID, but I don't want to mess this up.

If I go into my reservation, with my confirmation number, and click "changes", and change the day of my flight west, and cancel my flight east, it will apply the amount paid to the one flight, and keep the rest as a credit with SW to be used any time in the next 365 days?

Is that right?

:cool:

:p

that would be right if the new flight is less. If it's more I assume you would have to give them CC info again.

Archived