What is it about Robes???

ckrobyn

I admit it. I want a robe when I am on a cruise.

Why? I have no idea.

I don't wear a robe at home and have no idea why I HAVE to have one on a cruise! :rolleyes:

What is it with the robe obsession on cruises???

All insight welcome :D

I think it is all the advertising you see of people standing on their balconies in their robes with the cup of coffee or tea. It makes me think of total comfort, no restricting clothes, no clothes that do not fit; after all, robes fit everyone right?

It's so easy to pack a robe--one that fits!!! I think it's so folks can say, "I got a robe!! I'm special!!" Other than that, I have no idea! We stay in pretty nice hotels--some have robes, some don't--it really makes no nevermind to me! I always bring what I'm comfortable in!

I think it is all the advertising you see of people standing on their balconies in their robes with the cup of coffee or tea. It makes me think of total comfort, no restricting clothes, no clothes that do not fit; after all, robes fit everyone right?

Kjays - Unfortunately they do not fit everyone........anyone wide in the girth would have a hard time tying the RCI robe :rolleyes:

I agree with the part of the balcony & coffee though!

I admit it. I want a robe when I am on a cruise.

Why? I have no idea.

I don't wear a robe at home and have no idea why I HAVE to have one on a cruise! :rolleyes:

What is it with the robe obsession on cruises???

All insight welcome :D

I have two responses to what you wrote, Robyn.

1. You are obsessed with ROBes because you think that you are related. :D

2. I like 'em because it's better than a towel. You know how you never get totally dry just with the bath towels? A few minutes wrapped up in your thick terry Royal Caribbean robe, and you are dry dry dry. :)

What's worse is there's a thread on this board talking about wearing robes or pajamas to the Windjammer for breakfast :rolleyes:

And soo...That doesn't hurt anyone, and if it makes someones vacation exactly what they want it to be...so be it. At least they aren't making you do it. If you really want to roll your eyes, My group wore them on formal night to take pictures in! It was very fun.:rolleyes: :D :p

Count me in as a Robe Person!:D I like'em cause you can slip them on quick in the morning when the room service person brings my coffee..... Then out to the balcony....

Re; the robes at the pool, if we are in the hot tub at night then we take our robes along, makes it much cozier going back to the room. But for lounging around during the day at the pool, to dang hot!

Robyn- I must admit also that I love my RCCL robe while on a cruise! Why? I think maybe because it just makes us feel special and soooo good. It has become part of the experience of cruising....for all the other wonderful reasons already stated here and more. There is just something about feeling cozy and special that does it for me anyway! ;)

2. I like 'em because it's better than a towel. You know how you never get totally dry just with the bath towels? A few minutes wrapped up in your thick terry Royal Caribbean robe, and you are dry dry dry. :)

Ditto on the drying Carol....and I really don't want to see them in the Windjammer. Why do you think they don't call them Windjammer robes? :rolleyes:

1. You are obsessed with ROBes because you think that you are related. :D

Carol: I never thought it about it that way.....:rolleyes: Maybe I AM related???? I've heard of stranger things for sure....LOL

True about the towel thing.

I think I'm at the point that if the robe wasn't available to me on a cruise I may freak out. That doesn't surprise you does it??? :D

Kjays - Unfortunately they do not fit everyone........anyone wide in the girth would have a hard time tying the RCI robe :rolleyes:

Oh hell, that would include me too then :cool:! I have hips for sale if anyone is interested...and a little tummy area, maybe a little extra upper arm... you name it, I got it:rolleyes: ..

Robyn- I must admit also that I love my RCCL robe while on a cruise! Why? I think maybe because it just makes us feel special and soooo good. It has become part of the experience of cruising....for all the other wonderful reasons already stated here and more. There is just something about feeling cozy and special that does it for me anyway! ;)

Stephanie, you are so right. The robe DOES make me fee special :o

I hope they don't forget to bring me my robe on the AOS in 2 weeks :eek:

o.k... I'll admit that I could care less about a robe. Then again, we always travel in an inside or oceanview cabin. So when, as a Platinum, we see robes in our cabin, out thought is "what a waste of precious closet space!"

I don't like the big fluffy robes like the ones offered. I look like a big marshmellow in them, and I'm not fat. I bring my nice satin robes that I wear at home. They take up little room and I look better in them. I did see though at Target, (picked one up) 3/4 lenght white terry robes that had a bit of stretch to them, but not really thick. It was only $10, and looks like those robes only thinner.

Archived