Just off Constellation

renebfl

We had a great cruise. Staff were just great. Food- breakfast and lunches were just fantastic. Each day we had so many choices it was a real difficult one. Diners-I thought the meals were not as good as last spring on the Summit. The steaks were not up to snuff, lobster was great. Other meals were ok. Desserts at dinner were ok, lunch time and tea time were fantastic.Our weather was sunny except one day it poured for 5 hours. Pool temperature was chilly for us. Very windy when poolside. It was January..All service people were great. Really did not like very much of the entertainment. Just not our style. Seemed to gear toward the 60 yo plus. Our late sitting shows were at 7pm a lot, so we really had to struggle to get to them. Ports were top notch. We really loved the cruise. Probably one of the best.

renebfl - Thanks for the very informative mini-review. With your well balanced observation you should submit a full blown review.

We are sailing Constellation next week. It has been observed on a different thread that Constellation has discontinued its relationship with Highseas (their internet provider and computer training group). Was their any type of announcement of this on your cruise or did you observe the computers being removed?

Jim

Hi renebfl,

and thank you very much for your infos.

I'm going to book a cruise on the Constellation on Tuesday morning.

Could you just tell me something more about the shows?

Any guest star on board performing?

Best Regards

Nokia

I thought I brought the names home with me,but can't find them. There was a Chinese comedian, "Fu' that was just great. He is going to be on late night tv in a few weeks. Really kept us laughing. Pool/rendzvous group, N Fusion, sang so off tune, we had to leave whenever they came on. "Perry" sang in Michaels, was a different kind of guy, appealed to 70yo plus women. Last nights they all wore funny colored,. flashy hats We spent our entertainment time in Cova with a fantastic violin,accordian player group.Usual dance groups in the theater singing Broadway.These 7pm showtimes have got to go. We have late sitting to enjoy downtime early evening. We like commedians ,piano players,not broadway singing.

There was several drinks of the day each day, both with and without alcohol. Cosmopolitans, mudslids were the ones I enjoyed. Movies were available but don't really pay attention to the names, there is so much to do, One other thing, the most difficult port we found for confusion was Cozumel. We were not tendered in and the pier is still a construction site. We got all the way to the end of the pier and found out tour was leaving from the otherside of the ship inside!! There was a group of us that had to go all back through security at the gate, back through ship security with the scanners and then had to find a person to bring us through crew quaters to get the ferry. By the time we got on the ferry, all seats were gone,we were furiuos at the situation. The staff allowed us to cancel our excursion and give our money back. It was the ship fault, there were no signs for the excurion, and we were just in a panic trying to find it. Good luck to the rest of you and be sure to watch your step on the pier. The US would never have allowed it to be opened.Its dangerous.

Hate those pre-dinner show times. I imagine most folks who opt for late seating do so for (as you put it) early evening down time. Also, if the show is before dinner, there's not much to do after. The subject has been hacked over and over again on these boards and IF anyone at X reads through the boards (as some suggest they do), complaints re pre-dinner shows for late seating passengers seem to be falling on deaf ears. Oh, well.

Just wanted to know how you found the a/c around the ship and in the staterooms? I've been reading some threads that mention they found it rather on the warm side. Hope this isn't the norm as I usually like it when the ship is on the cooler side as it's more comfortable.

Archived