Breakfast from buffet to room?

cjnky

I am booked to go on the Crown on 05/21/07. This will be our first cruise with Princess. RCCL 7x. NCL 1x....Royal Caribbean always had trays.... I find it hard to believe no trays in the buffet.???.. how do you obtain your food/drink silverwear..??? I don't understand this? Why not supply trays?

They give you big plates, huge piggy eating platters actually, they figure you can hold your fork and knife in one hand , and carry you food in the ohter. Breakfast in the only time I recall there being drinks( fruit juices) on the main buffet, ,,, at all other times the only self serve beverages are the disgusting ice tea the so so coffee and water , and these are not at the main area, so you go and find a table , put your plate down, then one of you goes and gets the drinks, or a waiter comes and takes a drink order.

I am really not getting the stress here.

I am booked to go on the Crown on 05/21/07. This will be our first cruise with Princess. RCCL 7x. NCL 1x....Royal Caribbean always had trays.... I find it hard to believe no trays in the buffet.???.. how do you obtain your food/drink silverwear..??? I don't understand this? Why not supply trays?

Maybe they had trays at one time, but wondered why they kept disappearing from the buffet. Perhaps they got tired of retrieving them from the closets at the end of each cruise.:)

Regards,

Chef

I do not think this has been brought up, but in the trayless Horizon they will wrap your plate in plastic so you can take it covered back to your room.

You just ask and they are happy to do that. Princess has no problem with anyone taking food to their room. Now they may bar you from grabbing that giant bowl of shrimp and running off with the whole thing. But taking food back to your room is no problem. It is not in poor taste.

Depends on which Princess you are referring to. Obviously, there are some on this board that do have a problem with it!

Archived