Breakfast from buffet to room?

cjnky

On our last comment card, I requested that trays be made available in the Horizon Court. Yes, those plates are large, but you can't exactly balance a glass of water, plus your silverware/napkin, etc. Some cruiselines see no problem in having them. And not everyone wants to make several trips to get their food, especially if elderly or a parent carrying their children's plates too. As it is now, passengers have to team tag getting up from the table as the waitstaff is often too quick on the draw, clearing off tables.

As for breakfast, my hubby will often get up before my girl or myself, go to the buffet, and make up a couple of plates for us to eat in the cabin. If he gets a tray, he'll hide it away for the rest of the cruise so he can continue to do this.

I am guessing the OP is wanting to bring food and beverage from the Lido deck to her room. A tray would come in handy for this. It is not easy to juggle a plate and glasses of beverage onto the elevator and then try to open your stateroom door.

You could bring a tray from home or buy one at the dollar store or something. The other options would be to swipe one from room service. Just make sure you return it at the end of the cruise. :D

Go for it!

I am perfectly happy to make several trips back and forth to the buffet. Don't need a tray. :rolleyes:

I think a tray there would just encourage more waste of food.

Thats with the assumption that she is only bringing food back for herself.

A tray comes in handy to carry more than one plate and glasses of beverage. Who would want to make one trip to their room drop off their plate and then go all the way back to the Lido for drinks?

By the time you get back to the room with drinks the food is cold.

I dont think her intention is to fill up the tray with all the food she can carry and then not eat half of it.

I am perfectly happy to make several trips back and forth to the buffet. Don't need a tray. :rolleyes:

I think a tray there would just encourage more waste of food.

I agree if you are eating in the buffet, but it would be pretty hard to carry breakfast for 2 back from the buffet to your room without a tray. You'd never be able to push the elevator buttons or get your key in the cabin door.

Call for coffee from room service early in the morning, then take the tray to the buffet.

Why not just call room service and order what you want? Just don't see the point in getting dressed and going up to the buffet to get juice and coffee when all it takes is a phone call. Then one can stay in their robe and just sit on their balconey.

The one problem with taking breakfast back to your cabin is that the food will get cold if you are looking for hot items. We've tried putting another plate upside down on top, but that doesn't even help.

Cold items you can order from room service anyway, which makes it all that much easier. Pastries, fruit, cereals, etc.

Unless your cabin is very close to the buffet, it isn't even worth the effort to try and transport a full breakfast back to your balcony, tray or no tray.

I know a ship won't have styrofoam food containers, but has any one asked for "take out trays" (made from cardboard). I know I have seen these on cruise ships when I have ordered in the atrium cafes and wanted to take coffee to my room. At least this would help with the drinks. Anyone seen anything like this on Princess?

I know a ship won't have styrofoam food containers, but has any one asked for "take out trays" (made from cardboard). I know I have seen these on cruise ships when I have ordered in the atrium cafes and wanted to take coffee to my room. At least this would help with the drinks. Anyone seen anything like this on Princess?

I have never seen anything like that on Royal or carnival. WHat cruise lines offer that??

I can see no strofoam trays etc.. The ships recylce everything. Strofoam will take up oo much space. Notice they dont offer bottles of soda no more-- only cans.

I think what OP's are missing is that it's not being lazy that would make one want to have a warm breakfast in your room. I believe it's wanting a hot or warm breakfast for either you DH or DK. I like to surprise my girlfriend and bring her waffles or even pancakes from the buffet, kind of like a breakfast in bed. The room service menu doesn't give you a large enough variety in the warm breakfast section. The tray's on other cruise lines greatly help. Having pancakes on the balcony being comfortable with the one you love can't be beat. I would hope princess reconsiders not making trays available.

We just used and saved one tray from room service. My wonderful DH gets up early, lets me sleep and brings down a full breakfast for the kids and I on port days. This is a great treat as we can lounge in our PJ's and eat on the balcony while pulling into port. It feels like a little slice of heaven.

It is amazing to me that we live in a world of 'take out' even when on a cruise ship. :rolleyes:

Glad that you are amazed.

It was nice to go to the Horizon Court one morning to get breakfast and bring it back to my sister and niece so they had it shortly after they woke up. It was more a gesture of kindness than thinking of "take out."

Archived