Breakfast from buffet to room?

cjnky

Thanks for all the grins!:D :D

I too will giggle a little as I return to the cabin with breakfast from HC, remembering this thread.

I always learn a lot from CC but the best thing I've learned in the last week:

Why some folks have lumpy blouses/shirts and shorts/pants in the mornings - they are stuffed with breakfast items and are too ashamed to be seen with them on a plate as they trek back to their cabin. And even more important - that really was a breakfast sausage hanging out the leg of that guys shorts.:eek:

Juliejoe....OMG...you are too funny! This thread has had me laughing hysterical. I, too, will be one of those laughing in the elevators with a "tray" of food...and only another ""CCer" will know why. Hmmmmm...things I've learned on this thread?...one very important thing is that they will wrap your dish if you ask. We will be on the CB in 3 weeks and this time I will not be carrying breakfast back since we've gotten a Vista suite...but...you will find me in the later afternoon, after my afternoon nap, bringing back goodies for our "happy hour" on the balcony while we primp for dinner. You may also find me about midnite to 1am bringing back a late nite snack to enjoy while we have a nite cap overlooking the wake in the dark. oh...and I almost forgot...various times during the day I may be bringing ice-cream and pizza back to my pregnant daughter in the ajoining cabin. The more I think about it...the more I'm sure I will need a tray.

BTW...We were on the NCL Dawn and Jewel last year and if my memory is correct...they didn't have trays in the buffet either....just those large oval dishes. It really is difficult to manouver soup, entree and a drink without the benefit of a tray. I think that will be my number one suggestion on the comment cards. Trays would certainly cut down on the traffic, conjestion and accidents in the buffet area.

Happy cruising!

hi all;

well, not that most people are going to like what i say,,,,but here it goes.

food should be consumed where it is served....there are so many options for meals on a ship, especially for breakfast without having to bring trays of food back to your cabin. the one thing that thoroughly disgusts me on a cruise is opening up my cabin door and seeing the trays placed in the hallway all lined up with half eaten food. is it really the job of your cabin steward to constantly pick up after ones self?- they work extremely hard as it is without having now to return trays back to their appropriate space.

if princess or other cruise lines wanted you to bring food on a tray back to your room they would supply one along with the other amenities in the room...what is going to be next - going to the dining room to order eggs benedict - (to-go please on a tray), as the buffet normally does not have eggs benedict cooked to perfection and my darling partner would like to consume this in his/her cabin - - -.....

My wife and I always make out the card left in our cabin each evening for a breakfast cart to be delivered at the time we request, because it's free. They always call us on the phone from the galley, saying the cart is on the way. This is our wakeup call, and gives us time to get a robe on to answer the door when the cart arrives. It has a pot of hot coffee, pastry, fruit, butter, and fruit juice or milk; whatever we check off on the card. You leave the card in a special spot outside your cabin door, and the galley staff pick them all up and take them back to the galley to make up your cart. You don't have to go to the buffet to get food, it's delivered free. We love having coffee out on the balcony in the morning. Then when we are ready, we go up to the buffet together for a more ample breakfast. But you have to realize that you are going to spend a week on ship with over 2500 people of different cultures and backgrounds that are different than you, and you have to be as tolerant of them as they are of you. If someone wants to bring food back to their cabin, whether it is just an orange or an apple or a whole tray of food, smile and think about whet YOU are going to do with another great day aboard this beautiful ship, not how tacky that person sharing your elevator is. Live and let live...and have fun! Bon Voyage!!

Gene

There is no greater luxery for DW than enjoying a relaxing breakfast on the balcony. Even though we have stayed in full suites on our last few cruises, we still sometimes just order coffee, juice, fruit and pastries from room service, and I will supplement this with additional items from the buffet once the boss decides what she is in the mood for...

I always learn a lot from CC but the best thing I've learned in the last week:

Why some folks have lumpy blouses/shirts and shorts/pants in the mornings - they are stuffed with breakfast items and are too ashamed to be seen with them on a plate as they trek back to their cabin. And even more important - that really was a breakfast sausage hanging out the leg of that guys shorts.:eek:

LMAO. Unfortunately, if you saw me - it would just be fat making my shirts lumpy. I've got enough to worry about without trying to get food under my clothing.

Why does anyone care what someone else do in their cabin that doesn't affect them? You don't even have to leave the trays in the hall - leave them in your room and the room steward will pick them up.

If something so trivial as someone bringing food back to a cabin bothers another passenger, I'd hate to see how they'd react by something someone is doing that DOES affect them directly - like loud music on the balcony next door.

I am a late riser and my husband ALWAYS goes to the buffett and eats his breakfast and then brings me coffee and a small breakfast to our room...EVERY MORNING.....ON EVERY CRUISE...It is one of the many things that I look forward to...and we have been happily married for over 35 years...Some of you husbands might try it....The rewards are numerous...

If I'm ever on the same cruise as you, I will be sure to bring you breakfast. ;)

I'm kidding. My wife reads here too. :D

hi all;

well, not that most people are going to like what i say,,,,but here it goes.

food should be consumed where it is served....there are so many options for meals on a ship, especially for breakfast without having to bring trays of food back to your cabin. the one thing that thoroughly disgusts me on a cruise is opening up my cabin door and seeing the trays placed in the hallway all lined up with half eaten food. is it really the job of your cabin steward to constantly pick up after ones self?- they work extremely hard as it is without having now to return trays back to their appropriate space.

if princess or other cruise lines wanted you to bring food on a tray back to your room they would supply one along with the other amenities in the room...what is going to be next - going to the dining room to order eggs benedict - (to-go please on a tray), as the buffet normally does not have eggs benedict cooked to perfection and my darling partner would like to consume this in his/her cabin - - -.....

Well, I guess the cruise lines do want you to have food on a tray in your stateroom or they wouldn't have something called Room Service! Now, you can order hot lunches from room service and it's delivered on a tray to your stateroom so honestly, what is the difference? If the food was supposed to be consumed where it was cooked, then the cruise lines would not offer room service to all levels of stateroom and Princess wouldn't off dining room menu room service to their full suites.

I do agree about the trays being put in the hallways, hate it on a cruise ship and hate it in a hotel. You are supposed to leave your tray in your stateroom where they will be picked up.

BTW, it is tacky to notice others doing things that you consider tacky.

I once read a book about the British Royal family, it had alot of explanations about the ettique of meeting to talking to the Queen. Apparently it is considered rude to address her first, you must be introduced, and she intiantes the converstion or greeting, and you must never touch her unless she holds her hand out to you. Well , while visiting a northern Canadian community, a Inuit tribal elder had apparently never read the book, because the elderly lady grabbed the Queen in a bear hug. The Queen smiled graciously and moved on after a polite word of greeting to the lady. She did not make a point of pointing out someones gaffe. That is because she is a lady.

A true lady does not point out others faults, real or percieved, unless they involve beating children or stealing from the elderly. LOL

My wife and I always make out the card left in our cabin each evening for a breakfast cart to be delivered at the time we request, because it's free. They always call us on the phone from the galley, saying the cart is on the way. This is our wakeup call, and gives us time to get a robe on to answer the door when the cart arrives. It has a pot of hot coffee, pastry, fruit, butter, and fruit juice or milk; whatever we check off on the card. You leave the card in a special spot outside your cabin door, and the galley staff pick them all up and take them back to the galley to make up your cart. You don't have to go to the buffet to get food, it's delivered free. We love having coffee out on the balcony in the morning. Then when we are ready, we go up to the buffet together for a more ample breakfast. Gene

This is a brilliant strategy! Start with the cold breakfast items and coffee while waking up and getting ready, then go up to the buffet and chow down on hot breakfast. Excellent suggestion.

Ok check list for bringing your own food to your cabin:

1. Tray

2. Cart

3. Water Pitcher

4. Silverware

Does anyone know where I can pick up a table cloth? Perhaps I could just swipe one from the dining room. They seem to have plenty of them in there, I dont think anyone wouldnt notice one missing. Would they?

Just pack a picnic hamper with your clothes, after unpacking, viola - the perfect food carrier. Perfect for all the goodies we take back to the room. You can just move from one specialty food venue to the next. Also perfect for hauling all of the stuff out to your deck chair by the pool. Won't have to stir the rest of the day...also helps to place on your deck chair and reserve it when you head inside to eat at the buffet.

The great thing about cruising is that we can spoil ourselves however we wish. I'm always grabbing something from somewhere and taking it to my balcony cabin. Sometimes you just need a few blissful hours to regroup and relax away from everyone....and who wants to worry about calling room service and being interrupted when you are hungry.

Ok check list for bringing your own food to your cabin:

1. Tray

2. Cart

3. Water Pitcher

4. Silverware

Does anyone know where I can pick up a table cloth? Perhaps I could just swipe one from the dining room. They seem to have plenty of them in there' date=' I dont think anyone wouldnt notice one missing. Would they?[/quote']

I think you could use your bed sheet and would not have to worry about "lifting" a tablecloth. You forgot the fine wine glasses.

I have yet to cruise with Princess and don't know about trays being in the buffet. However, I would suggest if you want a tray to use in your cabin...and not have to bring one from home...just ring up room service and order either something to drink or eat or even empty wine glasses. They will bring whatever you order on a tray to your cabin. Then you can just save the tray in your closet to use at the buffet...bringing food back to your cabin.

I have yet to cruise with Princess and don't know about trays being in the buffet. However, I would suggest if you want a tray to use in your cabin...and not have to bring one from home...just ring up room service and order either something to drink or eat or even empty wine glasses. They will bring whatever you order on a tray to your cabin. Then you can just save the tray in your closet to use at the buffet...bringing food back to your cabin.

WOW! Now why didn't anyone think of that before...

Archived