Breakfast from buffet to room?

cjnky

They have 'to go' coffee from the coffee bar. I think it's a good idea....with a lid, the coffee does not spill out, preventing burns, mess, and more importantly.....spillage of delicious mocchachino coffee :D

Take-out containers...except for the ultimate disposal of them...are a good idea. Washable dishes are the best if thinking ecologically. But then...maybe the dirty wash water....isn't good for the environment either.

It's supposed to be your vacation....and when on vacation...not everyone wants to eat with the masses.

Oh well, Princess didn't ask for my input...

'take out' even on a cruise ship:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess it is just me, but when I think of take out food I think of syrofoam and cardboard containers. Taking a washable plate back to the cabin is no different then ordering from room service. But take out containers on a cruise ship, guess it's just me, but I can picture the hallways full of garbage, just like the roadways are in some parts of the country.

:rolleyes: I don't want to waste food, etc. etc. etc. - and can't quite picture bringing two plates down the elevator! I'd just like to pamper the dh for a change and bring him breakfast. Thanks to those of you who understand that ;) :D Guess I'll just wish for a helpful steward. :)

Why not just call room service and order what you want? Just don't see the point in getting dressed and going up to the buffet to get juice and coffee when all it takes is a phone call. Then one can stay in their robe and just sit on their balconey.

That's fine if you want what's on the list. Some people don't.

I don't get the negative remarks either. I have not sailed on a cruise line that didn't have the trays but guess we are about to. And when you can't order off the menu for breakfast what better treat than to have DH (or DW) getting breakfast and bringing it back to the room for a nice breakfast on the balcony (or whatever). I think we will take a tray - won't take up any room in our luggage for just that purpose.

Princess' room service menu is very limited. There is nothing wrong with bringing food back from the buffet to the room. Just call room service, ask to have coffee delivered to your room and then use the tray. It isn't necessary to pack a tray.

I've been on several different cruise lines and Princess has the most limited room service menu of the lines I've traveled on.

Hey, now that I think of it, there weren't any trays at the buffet on our last cruise. That's a bummer for my DH who can only use one hand to carry. At breakfast we didn't eat a lot so his juice would easily fit on his plate and at lunch he had a coke card and ordered from a waiter so I didn't really pick up on the lack of trays.

When did they eliminate the trays? I can't remember for sure but maybe they've been missing for awhile.

Am I the only one who finds the notion of hiding trays, borrowing trays, or bringing trays from home disturbing, all so someone can drag food around the ship rather than eat at the buffet or order room service? Is anything quite as tacky as standing in an elevator holding your breakfast?

Originally Posted by cindygad viewpost.gif

When the dining room is open you can order anything of that menu for breakfast. Our dining room was open from 7-9 am.

Cindy

I thought that only applied if you were staying in a full suite?

I thought that only applied if you were staying in a full suite?

Full breakfast ordered from the dining room menu is only offered if you are in a full suite, you are correct. It used to be for everyone, but they changed that a couple of years ago. Now, unless you have that full suite, only a continental breakfast is offered from room service.

Am I the only one who finds the notion of hiding trays, borrowing trays, or bringing trays from home disturbing, all so someone can drag food around the ship rather than eat at the buffet or order room service? Is anything quite as tacky as standing in an elevator holding your breakfast?

Why do you find this so "disturbing"? And I can think of a lot of things more tacky than this. Lighten up a little and enjoy.

A lot of things on our planet are disturbing. Getting breakfast from the horizon court is not one of them.

At the beginning of the thread, I did think it was sort of making things complicated. But now I can see that it is a kind gesture on the part of family members or significant others. Its really very sweet ! I wish someone would bring me breakfast in bed.

So take a room service tray. Or just take one from home and put it in the bottom of the suitcase. Its not like it takes up any room or weighs anything !

Just take a look at the threads on what people like to pack for their cruise and you could think that they were preparing for a trip to a third world country. One person's necessity is something that another person could live without.

It is your vacation and do what makes you happy.

I think bringing back a breakfast or snack to a loved one is a wonderful idea...and using a tray provided by room service would make it easier. For just snacks or something smaller than a full breakfast...Hefty makes "interlocking serve and store plates". I used them on our last cruise and they worked wonderful. They come in 10 inch round plates or ovals, red or white. I found they kept the food hot and were spill proof...and reusable with a quick wash and wipe. I hope this helps.

Lets see, you are on vacation, with loads of time on your hands,there is always ROOM Service, I must be brain dead.... whats the point! theres food everywhere on board. U take a cruise, only to be holed up in your tiny stateroom. geez i'll tip the waiter/waitress for you..in CDN dollars of course LOL :confused::confused:

Maybe you like making 2,3 or 4 trips to the buffet just to get your cereal, some fruit, juice and coffee - but I don't! In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a buffet - anywhere, not just on a cruise ship - that didn't have trays!

Archived