Breakfast from buffet to room?

cjnky

I am a late riser and my husband ALWAYS goes to the buffett and eats his breakfast and then brings me coffee and a small breakfast to our room...EVERY MORNING.....ON EVERY CRUISE...It is one of the many things that I look forward to...and we have been happily married for over 35 years...Some of you husbands might try it....The rewards are numerous...

We decided to upgrade to a balcony this time and the big thing I was looking forward to was bringing breakfast back to our room...well I guess I can't now that I know it's "Tacky"!

Can you sense my sarcasm?:p

Give me a break!

Do what you want and have a great cruise!!

I know I will:D

Why do I get the feeling that it is the same people who think carrying food around a ship is tacky are probably the same ones who "would be offended" if someone showed up at their table wearing anything other than a formal and tux (not at the same time) on formal days. I've been so tacky as to go to the "free" buffet at a resort and load up to take things back to my room or the swimming pool, and oftentimes a nice employee will help me carry it.

Not to get into the "I paid for my cruise, I'll do what I want" discussion but I really think there are a lot of very uptight people out there. I'm sure they would be the same one's who would faint on the spot if they were to hear my language after I slam my thumb in a door.;)

If you are going to stop by the room service area to get a tray to use, you might as well borrow a cart at the same time. Much easier to haul the grub down to your cabin. :D ;)

Also, if you want to have breakfast in your bath robe why bother to get dressed when going up to the buffet? Just wear your robe and slippers and carry your tray. :eek:

Why do I get the feeling that it is the same people who think carrying food around a ship is tacky are probably the same ones who "would be offended" if someone showed up at their table wearing anything other than a formal and tux (not at the same time) on formal days. I've been so tacky as to go to the "free" buffet at a resort and load up to take things back to my room or the swimming pool, and oftentimes a nice employee will help me carry it.

Not to get into the "I paid for my cruise, I'll do what I want" discussion but I really think there are a lot of very uptight people out there. I'm sure they would be the same one's who would faint on the spot if they were to hear my language after I slam my thumb in a door.;)

I suspect your analysis is correct, I have known a few people like this and they like to pass off their judgemental behavior as being "socially responsible". What I suspect is really going on though is folks like this often have self-esteem issues, and they derive their personal worth by running others down. You will often find that the busy body type have significant self-confidence issues.

On one of the "packing" topics, someone said you should pack a tray to bring breakfast back to your room :eek: Are trays not available at the buffet so we can do this??

^This was the original question that started the thread. Many interjected and stated their opinion. All the poster asked was are trays available. Not if you thought it was tacky or can't believe that people do this. Obviously he/she is going to do it, he/she just wanted to know if they should pack a tray or not. And in the mist of everyone's positive and negative opinions I hope they found out the answer which is: you can bring a tray from home, or order room service and don't give the tray back until the end of the cruise.

I don't believe this issue is isolated to only princess, the only reason why it is turning a simple question into a thread 5 pages long is because princess may be the only cruise line that doesn't have trays on their buffet line.

Again does anyone know if there is any other cruise line that doesn't have trays at the buffet?

If you are going to stop by the room service area to get a tray to use, you might as well borrow a cart at the same time. Much easier to haul the grub down to your cabin. :D ;)

Also, if you want to have breakfast in your bath robe why bother to get dressed when going up to the buffet? Just wear your robe and slippers and carry your tray. :eek:

That is such a good idea - the cart would make things easier. I know they don't furnish a water pitcher either so maybe I could grab one of those too.

Now I know you are just kidding about the robe and slippers - would never do that!! I'll wear my formal stuff for that!

I have no problem with you - or anyone else bringing food from the HC to your cabin. I do have a problem with those who don't observe the dress code on ships. The difference? There's no difference - just do what the ship's rules and suggestions tell you to do!

ROFLMAO!!! I got much more info than I asked for - but it sure has been fun!! I'll now proudly take a tray back to DH to share on our balcony, and will also be looking for that cart to use!! LOL!! I'll also be looking forward to the looks I get from any prudes I meet along the way! :D

^This was the original question that started the thread. Many interjected and stated their opinion. All the poster asked was are trays available. Not if you thought it was tacky or can't believe that people do this. Obviously he/she is going to do it, he/she just wanted to know if they should pack a tray or not. And in the mist of everyone's positive and negative opinions I hope they found out the answer which is: you can bring a tray from home, or order room service and don't give the tray back until the end of the cruise.

I don't believe this issue is isolated to only princess, the only reason why it is turning a simple question into a thread 5 pages long is because princess may be the only cruise line that doesn't have trays on their buffet line.

Again does anyone know if there is any other cruise line that doesn't have trays at the buffet?

I know I commented on the lack of trays because I did suggested having trays on the comment card for my last cruise. I think it's very relevant and not off-topic.

I do not think this has been brought up, but in the trayless Horizon they will wrap your plate in plastic so you can take it covered back to your room.

You just ask and they are happy to do that. Princess has no problem with anyone taking food to their room. Now they may bar you from grabbing that giant bowl of shrimp and running off with the whole thing. But taking food back to your room is no problem. It is not in poor taste.

Archived