Things I'll never do again on a cruise...

SC_Sam

I am loving this thread!

Ok...I would NEVER AGAIN:

...Bring a dress for formal night that fit on my last cruise without trying it on at home before packing it.

...Forget to bring my photo ID when I leave the ship in Key West.

...Waste my day in port at a Time Share

...Climb the rock wall with my DH UNDERNEATH me with at CAMERA! Not a good angle...

My husband will never wear his wedding ring snorkeling ever again! Because his first one is sitting at the bottom of Trunk Bay :rolleyes:

He had it for only 3 days when he lost it on our honeymoon cruise..... for the rest of the vacation he would whisper under his breath.... "My precious precious!" Hee! At least we could laugh about it, and we got a replacement for a good price at St. Maarten.

Love lord of the rings reference... my precious!

I promise that I will never again sit at the same BlackJack table each night next to the very good-looking/professional type/amiable/full-of-humor/flirty guy only to have some "unknown" lady come up to him on the last night to say, "Honey, do you know where the kids are?". Sigh.

I promise that I will never again sit at the same BlackJack table each night next to the very good-looking/professional type/amiable/full-of-humor/flirty guy only to have some "unknown" lady come up to him on the last night to say, "Honey, do you know where the kids are?". Sigh.

My bf is like that and I am still amazed at all the women who think he's available even when I'm standing right next to him!

Just thought of another one but its more of a port related one...

I will never again stay at Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel long enough to lose memory of my entire day in Cozumel. Have you ever seen the things they serve drinks in???? I swear some of them are two feet tall....

Also, never take advantage of the $2 Coronas in Costa Maya, just break the $20 bill :rolleyes: .

I will never again sign up for 'Nassau Tour" (on my honeymoon) that turned out to be a 'stretched' station wagon where I was separated from my husband and crammed in between two very robust ladies for a fun filled day of our driver saying "look at that pretty house" and "how about that nice view." A complete waste of time!

Don't try it, they get MAD.I did it on my last cruise. The people had been gone for three hours and we were sitting in two of those terrible regular chairs, so I took their stuff and moved it from their lounge chairs to our regular chairs. When they got back after 4 hours of being gone, the lady had the nerve to walk up to me and tell me off about moving their stuff.

It was worth it and they left, but I don't know that I would do it again :D.

You need to move the chair :D

###

Don't try it, they get MAD.I did it on my last cruise. The people had been gone for three hours and we were sitting in two of those terrible regular chairs, so I took their stuff and moved it from their lounge chairs to our regular chairs. When they got back after 4 hours of being gone, the lady had the nerve to walk up to me and tell me off about moving their stuff.

We did the exact same thing....however we had ROWS of defense (on Carnival Conquest). We moves a lady's belongings that were sitting on a chair X 2 +hours. She was sipping drinks in the shadded bar area. She came over and started to hollar and the entire section rose up to our defense, stating she had not occupied the chair for HOURS. She ran off with her stuff in a huff, but hey....hubby and I were sharing a chair for over an hour, and our daughter @ 5 years at the time was swimming in the pool and we did not want to leave her unattended. I have no problem with someone running off to grab some food, but to hold a chair for hours should be stopped in my opinion.

some really good ones! loved the "chocolate on the pillow" one!!!

ok, i will never, ever:

-go on a cruise without a base tan, sun poisoning really takes the wind out of my sails on a vacation, lol

-over-pack! i am cured from that now!!!

-wait for a chair when no one is using a "saved" chair

-travel with friends who are "deciding if they should stay together" we were passing verbal messages across the table for them in the dining room, i was ready to scream! i eventually did scream!!! btw,they parted ways at the airport upon arrival home and have not spoke since, LOL

-never travel with folks we did not know well, the DH was a "in recovery" we felt like we had to "sneak" cocktails when they were not looking! no offense meant to anyone in recovery, it was just something we would have considered before embarking on a 7-night cruise with them. we like to party it up on vacations!!!

-book a cruise without consulting with my "Aunt Flo", three cruises in a row she joined us...ladies, you know what I am saying here!!! (sorry guys, LOL:p)

-never get stuck at a small table for dinner, we like to meet new people and are very outgoing. it's a large table for us from now on!

happy cruising to you all!!!

Amen! As an IT professional, cruise week is an escape from email/cell phones. No criticism intended for those who need those things, but cruise week is my escape week, the world beyond the ship/port does not exist.

Exactly! We were talking about this today -- we are NOT bringing our laptop this time (we don't need any more things to carry!), and I doubt I'll even set foot in RC Online. Cell phones are turned off and in the safe.

Just say, "Someone else must have done it, there was nothing here, when I sat down 2 hours ago. Then move the stuff on another chair, watch someone else get lucky by finding that chair and watch when the first person comes back.

I gues I was lucky on our cruise, or the chair hog thing wasn't as bad in the Solarium where we were.

I will never again drag my 17" screen laptop. I had the best of intentions, to do a 'live' review for CC...RIGHT! All it did was weigh down my carry-on and slow us down through security at the airport. The only time it ever even came out of the bag was to drop the photos from my memory card.

Oh, and I don't need flip-flops to match each of the 75 swimsuits...and about the swimsuits...;)

I will never again bring my electric transformer to plug my coffee maker into while I iron my clothes while smoking a joint & watching the fireworks that I lit off on my balcony with one of the candles I have burning. :D

Archived