$100 Pp Deposit ?

Jimjam

If you book onboard through a Future Cruise Consultant, the deposit requirement is only $100 per person. I believe that all ships are now supposed to have a Future Cruise Consultant aboard for all cruises.

Yes, it is available. We did two future bookings while onboard the Westerdam a couple of weeks ago.

Keep in mind, unlike Princess who will refund your money within 4 years if you cancel, HAL just puts it into a "credit" for future use. You must book something within 4 years or you will lose it completely. With Princess, you can cancel the booking and get your money back.

While on the Volendam in December we booked the Amsterdam for coming December.The onboard consultant offered us the option of going with the traditional deposit of $600pp for 10-nite cruise or making only the $100pp deposit. She was quite clear that the minimum $100 deposit was totally non-refundable, tho we could cancel the Amsterdam and transfer the $100 to another cruise within 4 years of the original deposit date. After that, the monies go bye-bye.

I bet the onboard consultants are doing a brisk business!!:D

On my January Noordam cruise it was a couple acting as Future Cruise Consultants. This was the first time I have ever seen it set up that they saw passengers by appointment; we've always had to wait in line. Sometimes it was a long wait, too.

Early in the cruise they weren't booked up, but later on they always seemed busy. Since it was a couple I suppose they could have split up and processed double the bookings if needed.

While on the Volendam in December we booked the Amsterdam for coming December.The onboard consultant offered us the option of going with the traditional deposit of $600pp for 10-nite cruise or making only the $100pp deposit. She was quite clear that the minimum $100 deposit was totally non-refundable, tho we could cancel the Amsterdam and transfer the $100 to another cruise within 4 years of the original deposit date. After that, the monies go bye-bye.

That's exactly how the Cruise Consultant explained it to us. If we cancel our current booking we made onboard and elect to roll over our $100 per person deposit to another cruise, we have four years to book something else. If we don't, we do not have the option of just cancelling and getting our monies back like you can on Princess. But I'm sure we'll have no problem using it.

On my January Noordam cruise it was a couple acting as Future Cruise Consultants. This was the first time I have ever seen it set up that they saw passengers by appointment; we've always had to wait in line. Sometimes it was a long wait, too.

Early in the cruise they weren't booked up, but later on they always seemed busy. Since it was a couple I suppose they could have split up and processed double the bookings if needed.

Ruth-

Wow!!

Now that would be a job my DH and I would love!!!!:D :D :D

Archived