Private boards?

mamaofami

Can someone tell me why when I try to access this board I get a message that there have been no posts for 100 days? Also, it says private board. The only way I can get here is to go to my roll call board and access from there which is a pain. What to do?

I use IE for the web.

I clicked "Add" to My Favorites list ages ago and now when I want to come directly to the HAL Board of CC, I simply scroll my Favorites List, find my link I saved for HAL Cruise Critic BB and click it. Voila.......

Usually, ;) the page opens.

There's an announcement at the top of the message list, saying that they have temporarily made some of the boards "members only". This is due, according to the announcement, to problems they have been having with the software that runs the forums.

You simply have to login with your userid and password. Then, all the messages will magically re-appear.

There's an announcement at the top of the message list, saying that they have temporarily made some of the boards "members only".

But the Roll-Call boards are restricted, too. The OP says she can access the roll-call, but not HAL. She would have to be logged in to access the roll-call, so she should also be able to access HAL on the same log-in.

That's strange to be able to get to one and not the other. :confused:

I access this board off 2 different computers. I noticed that the one I didn't click "remember me" on was timing me out or signing me out, whichever it might be. Since I've clicked the "remember me" button, I don't seem to have the issue with refreshing and getting the "no new posts for 100 days" message.

Since I've clicked the "remember me" button, I don't seem to have the issue with refreshing and getting the "no new posts for 100 days" message.

That's because that way you're already logged in when you access the forums.

It still doesn't explain why the OP can get to the Roll-Call boards, but not the HAL boards. It should be both or neither. :confused:

Ruth, you are correct. I had both my roll call board and the HAL board saved separately to my favorites. Before my cruise, I had no trouble getting to either board. Since I came back yesterday, I can only log in to the roll call board and then from there go to the top of the page and get to the HAL board. So, now, I removed the HAl board from my favorites, went back and put it in again. This time I still got that same message, but there was a place that allowed me to click on and log in. So, maybe now the problem is fixed. :) Sure am misssing those chocolates!

A few days ago, I was having just the opposite problem---I could view the HAL boards but not the Roll call boards. The best I could deduce, it had something to do with AOL. When I use Mozilla Firefox, I am able to access all the boards again. If you have access to another ISP, try that and see if it helps.

Holly

I can be doing just fine and this board (having logged in) and then I will get to some thread I want to read (for example the on about Passports) and CC will kick me out. Also, on the roll call boards I can read Oosterdam messages just fine but it denies me entrance to the Amsterdam board. I can sign on again, but it immediately kicks me out - repeatedly.

I have sent a message to the CC folks and I suppose they will eventually get back to me. For now their automated reply states that the are currently overwhelmed (my word) with e-mails and to please understand a delay in reply.

Archived