Disembarkation Time on Noordam

mbdrapier

My wife and I will be cruising on the March 21 voyage of the Noordam. We return to New York on the 31st. What time will it probably be by the time we are able to pick up our luggage at the end of the trip? Also, does anyone have any information as to availability and cost of parking at the pier? Thanks for all replies.

Disembarkation time will depend on your tag color. We were in a suite so we were the first group after express disembarkation. We left the ship about 8:30. I don't know how late the last group was called. The nice thing about HAL is that you can stay in your cabin until your group is called.

Parking is right on the roof of the pier. It is $180. Here is a link to the cruise terminal web site:

http://www.nycruiseterminal.com/terminalNYC.html

Have a great cruise on this wonderful ship!

Since you don't have a deadline to catch ungoing transportation you should be in one of the last groups off (unless you're in a suite or do the express disembarkation). That should be sometime after 10:00 AM, but not too long after that.

I was called at 9:45 (HAL bus to catch); there were many called before me. When I've disembarked in NYC to a private car it was by 10:15 (other HAL ships).

Hope this gives you a general idea.

We returned on the Noordam last Saturday. We did not do express checkout and we weren't in a suite. We live in a NY subburb and didn't have any on going transportation, etc.

To our surprise, we were called about 9:30 and we called our limo driver as we were leaving our cabin. Picked up our luggage and the limo driver called us as he was pulling into the port. We told him we would be at pole 21(told to us by the porter) and he pulled up just as we got there. We were home by 10:15am. We're about a 20 to 25 minute drive from the pier.

I think it might also depend on how many people have early flights, how many do express check out, etc. We were surprised to be off so early.

Have a good cruise!

Hi

We also just returned from the Noordam. We were in the last group of tag color called. We were called around 10:30 am and were off the ship and had our luggage by 10:45 am. HAL has paperwork that you fill out the night before disembarkation that asks if you have travel arrangements that would require you to be off the ship at a certain time. We weren't in a hurry so we checked the box that said we would like to be in the last group to leave.

Since you will be on a 10-day cruise, you will be entitled to the monthly parking pass, which is $180 (a little cheaper than the weekly parking fee).

We chose Express Disembarkation both times we were on the Noordam, which means you can leave the ship as soon as it clears (usually around 7:15). However, if you do this, you have to carry your own luggage off the ship. Just another alternative if you're interested.

When we cruise out of NYC we do express embarkation. We each have one large suitcase and can carry them off ourselves. Usually, you are off the ship between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. The best thing about it is that there is hardly any line for the taxi. We then taxi over to Grand Central Terminal and get a train to our town. Most times we are in our house by 9:30 am. Can't beat that!

We're just back from the Noordam, too. We were taking the HAL bus to Boston, and all of our group was called at the same time (same color luggage tags). We were called about 9:45 AM.

The bus was scheduled to arrive in Boston at 5:30 and we arrived two hours early! Even with stops in New Haven, New London, & Providence....and a coffee stop! Our limo was waiting (as we'd called from Providence), and we were home by 4:30!

Not bad for the Saturday of a three day weekend!

Archived