Kitchen Tour

mamaofami

By far, the most interesting excursion I had a few years ago was the tour of the kitchen on one of the HAL ships. It's amazing to see it, to realize how many meals are cooked there every day, and to see how spotless it is kept.

Just thinking about the recipe for the bread pudding and how it's baked and available every day sets my mind racing. What an incredible operation to feed so many people every day.

There was a tour of the kitchen available on the Noordam. Check the daily activvities and make this a must see. You'll be surprised.

DD and I had a culinary class ruined by some poor paperwork on Hals part, so to make it up last December our wait staff and friends took us on a tour of the kitchens for the Pinnacle and Main Dining areas. It was wonderfully slow paced. At each station we spent time speaking with the staff on their training, their duties, their length of stays on the ship, their families, looking at pictures of family, and learning about all the hard work that takes place to spoil us "cruisers".

I enjoyed it greatly and when I sat down that evening to enjoy another wonderful meal, said a prayer for all those who worked hard, all day to see to my needs.

Linda

Archived