Jr. Suite

Lynne59

Can someone tell me that advantages of having a Jr. Suite on the Mariner of the Seas? Know it is larger than the balcony stateroom, but what else? Does it have concierge service? Can you bring bottled water and soda pop on board? Thanks for the information!

Can someone tell me that advantages of having a Jr. Suite on the Mariner of the Seas? Know it is larger than the balcony stateroom, but what else? Does it have concierge service? Can you bring bottled water and soda pop on board? Thanks for the information!

The advantages are size (by a good amount), priority boarding, and extra cruise credit. That's about it. No concierge service, unless you're Diamond.

*Folks, please don't start the concierge argument*

Lynn, ignore that. You don't want to know. ;)

The advantages are size (by a good amount), priority boarding, and extra cruise credit. That's about it. No concierge service, unless you're Diamond.

A JS cabin is approximately 293 sq feet on Radiance class and 299 sq. ft on Voyager class. It has a wonderful walk in closet with lots of shelving, more shelving in the room and a larger bathroom with tub. It has a large sofa bed with chair and ottman and coffee table. Even though it is one room it is a very large room, much larger than a D1 and you don't have to leave the room to change your mind!!

On Vision class ships the JS cabins are approx. 236 sq ft, have no walk in closet but they do have a tub in the bathroom

ahhh, a premptive strike. Lets see if it works. (It hasn't in some smoking threads) I salute your effort though, true Buckeye Spirit.

This isn't really an advantage, but just be aware that it is not truly a suite, in the sense that most people probably think of a suite.

Just as a Grand Suite isn't truly a suite as it is all one room. I think the only true suites on RCCL start with a RFS, as it has a seperate bedroom. Correct me if I'm wrong. I think your best bet is to look at the square feet of each room and decide how much room vs. privacy you may need. Cruise ship rooms, (cabins) are typically very small. Smaller than hotel rooms! When I was researching for my first cruise, I realized that my living room was WAY bigger than my cabin....

If size matters and price doesn't JS is a very comfortable cabin for two.

If you just want to save $$ then a balcony still gives you some sitting area.

There is plenty of water and soda available on the ship.

We will not sail unless we are in a JS--the space is about that of a hotel room--unlike the regular cabins which are more like closets with furniture! The walk-in closet makes for easy storage and the bathtub makes the bathroom roomier. You do get 2 C&A credits for booking a JS and priority boarding where available. It's a very comfortable room. I think vacations should be as luxurious as possible, and on a ship, that's hard to do. If there are only 2 of you, a JS is the way to go.

The water on the ship is superb, so there's no need to lug that extra weight. Sodas are $1.50 per can--about what you pay in a hotel.

We've stayed in a JS with 2 young children the past 2 cruises and the room is the perfect size. When we first started cruising, my youngest wasn't really old enough to easily take a shower instead of a bath, so we had looked for the tub. The closet is great - holds all of our clothes, plus the luggage fits in there too. We also love the balcony for whenthe kids fall asleep - we can sit out there and have a drink!

Enjoy!

Come on Paul.........where is your sense of adventure...........can't we get into the concierge lounge?:D

Lynne.....in all seriousness...........the difference between a D or E1 and Jr. Suite in my opinion is significant..........from bathtub to storage area to just overall nicer........to me there is nothing Jr. about it..........

RC should really go back and start naming these C category again.........for those of us that remember those days..........sure eliminated a lot of confusion.;)

Come on Paul.........where is your sense of adventure...........can't we get into the concierge lounge?:D

Lynne.....in all seriousness...........the difference between a D or E1 and Jr. Suite in my opinion is significant..........from bathtub to storage area to just overall nicer........to me there is nothing Jr. about it..........

RC should really go back and start naming these C category again.........for those of us that remember those days..........sure eliminated a lot of confusion.;)

Who's confused? :eek:

LOL :D Like Bill said, I just wanted to throw out the pre-emptive strike.

Speaking of sense of adventure, I was really expecting Rss, Aqha, or even you to bite on it. I'm truly disapointed! ;)

We just returned from the Freedom in a JS and were in one in October on the Adventure!! They are incredible---so much nicer and larger than a D1. We are on the Serenade in October for 14 days and made the mistake of booking a D1---at least we will be on the ship!!!

We have an AFT JS booked on the Freedom in March. Room 1706.

Does anyone know if they aft suites are smaller than the side suites.

It looks smaller to me. I know the balcony is larger but, I would love to find out if the room is not as large as the side rooms.

Also, anyone know if the aft balconies have glass or are they opened with the metal railings. :)

;)

LOL :D Like Bill said, I just wanted to throw out the pre-emptive strike.

Speaking of sense of adventure, I was really expecting Rss, Aqha, or even you to bite on it. I'm truly disapointed! ;)

Not gonna do it.........not going there..........LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! but have been watching with anticipation......

Archived