**Live from the Coral Princess to Panama**

cruzzers

Just thought I would post for those of you who are going on the Coral Princess to Panama. I try to summarize here and do a full review when we return.

Disembarkation: Easiest we have ever encountered! :) Took about 10 minutes from start to finish to get to our rooms. We had a nice casual lunch in the Horizon Court around 12:00.

Sail-away was spent on deck with our CC roll call. Fun!

Our first day at sea was very calm and relaxing but we missed our first port in Cozumel due to heavy seas so we had another day of very relaxing time by the pool. The water was choppy but not bad at sea. Beautiful sunny skies! We love our room on the Baha deck #622. It is at the front of the bumpout section so the view is wonderful! Can't wait to go through the canal out there while having coffee in the morning!!!!

Grand Cayman: We had more time here than expected due to arriving early. Wow! We booked an excursion with Captain Marvin snorkeling and had a great time snorkeling 3 different reefs, including Stingray Sandbar. We kissed on of the beautiful huge stingrays for 7 years good luck. After our morning excursion, we walked up 7 mile beach and taxied back to port to shop.

Today: Another relaxing day at sea. The water is a bit on the choppy side once again and it is hot..hot...hot, but we are finding plenty to do.

Will try to post more later. We will arrrive in Limon tomorrow and have another private tour booked with Charlie Soto. Will let you know how that all goes!

Thanks for posting, we are on the 18 day Coral Panama Canal cruise Sept 24th from Vancouver.

How is the ship? are you looking after it for us? Never done the Panama and really looking forward to it. I will be very interested in your future postings especially going through the canal.

Have the beds been upgraded yet?

Enjoy your cruise.

I hope you love the Coral like we did. We have done the partial transit through the canal and have nothing but good things to say about it. Have fun and am enjoying reading your review.

Marilyn

Beth and Terry: We were glad to see your post from the Coral and meet up with you once again. Our first Princess cruise was on the Coral doing the Panama Canal and it was one of the best cruises we have ever taken. We are off to Hawaii on the Island March 27th.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Gail and Rich:)

Terry and Beth,

Thank you so much for the live update. We are on the Coral through the PC in April. My question is the same as stired's have they upgraded the bedding or do you still need the eggcrate mattress? Also how is the closet space? Trying to pack smartly since we will be on the ship for 16 days.

Thanks. Looking forward to your review.

Barbara

Wonderful to read your post and glad to hear you're enjoying your cruise.

I have a silly request. A friend of ours is the Deputy Cruise Director on the Coral. If you happen to run into Brett from Canada, would you mind telling him Derrick and Chris (from Boston) say hi! :D

Thanks, and have fun! ;)

My parents & 2 friends are onboard with you! It is their first Princess cruise, so I am anxious to hear how things are going. Sorry you missed Coz..definitely my fav port!

Looking forward to hearing more!

Say HI to John, Sandi, Shirley & Irene if you should meet them! (all in 60s)

Interesting. I have a cruise booked in a month so cant do the Coral until later in the year. Im hoping to find a bargain for late this year on the Coral to panama. Hope you enjoy the trip. Some say its not worth it for Panama because you dont see much of the canal itself.

Let us know.

thanks.

Oh Terri and Beth I am so envious, :p we got off to allow you on, we had a great time she is a beautiful ship. Our weather was a little strange; when we were in Jamaica it was so chilly I had to buy a jumper. It’s a shame about Cozumel; Passion Island was the highlight of our trip.

Have a great vacation and look after that beautiful ship, we are elite cruisers and this was without a doubt our best ever cruise.

Interesting. I have a cruise booked in a month so cant do the Coral until later in the year. Im hoping to find a bargain for late this year on the Coral to panama. Hope you enjoy the trip. Some say its not worth it for Panama because you dont see much of the canal itself.

Let us know.

thanks.

I have been on both the partial and full transit and even on the partial you see plenty of the workings of the canal. On the Gatun locks area where the partial is you go through three locks. Then it goes into Gatun Lake where then you can go on excursions and Princess evern has an excursion by ferry ride to the otheer 2 locks on the Pacific side. We have done that; it is a long day but worth it.

Marilyn

Yes, I am so happy for you...We will be on the Coral Princess Nov 10th, I am very intrested to find out if you are doing the partial, is it worth doing the tours our staying on the ship...Since, the reason we are going is to see the canal. I want to make sure I get the most out of this trip.

Have fun on your trip..We were on that ship last year for Alaska

We just finished a wonderful day in Limon on a tour with Charlie Soto and had a great time. We got to see lots of different animals and even held a precious baby sloth. It just cuddled right up in our arms like a baby!

To answer a few questions: The beds have not been updated. They are kind of on the hard side but not bad. We are so tired when we go to bed at night that is is not a problem. We love our bumpout balcony room and have had excellent service in all areas on the ship. We had the Nebraska Prime rib last night and it was one of the best we have ever had. So far, everything has been wonderful, but we are on a cruise with no snow:)

Texcruise....Good to hear from you!

Will post more later. We go through the canal tomorrow. Yipeeee!

Beth & Terry

Glad to hear that you are having a very good time. Keep reporting on your cruise.

I have a Question for you Is there a "ice cream card"? on the Coral.

I love ice cream and the free at lunch and dinner is not enough.

A good mikeshack would also be nice on a hot day.

FryGirl

Beth/Terry,

Enjoy your cruise and give a full report when you get back... My friends and I are on the Coral Princess April 8th so can't wait for your review...

How did you feel about Costa Rica? Safe? I know you said you loved your excursion... We've been a little nervous/antsy about the security issue after hearing about the Carnival passengers....

Have fun/enjoy.........

We are trying to decide on the Coral or the Brillance (RCCL) for the Panama Canal cruise. I'm interested in reading about going through the locks. Keep enjoying your cruise!! Snow flakes are falling here with some on the way Wednesday. Oh the sun must feel wonderful:D Thanks for posting.

Beth & Terry -

We will be on the Coral March 29-April 8. Who is the Cruise Director on the Coral now? Just wondering if it is anyone that I know.

Glad to hear that your tour with Charlie Soto was a good one. We are doing that too. Sure hope we don't miss Cozumel.

Archived