Booked Eurodam Inaugural cabin today!

cruznon

Oh John that is quite alright. I think you have great ideas so will come up with something very unique for us all.. I usually plan the pre dinner meet and greet before the cruises I go on.. I make a list of restaurants and post all the menus here and then have the cc members vote on which restaurant they would like.. When we decide, I make the reservations and we all meet. It is a very fun experience.. We had 24 at our last pre cruise dinner. But I am willing to help at just about anything. I have lots of time on my hands.

Brian,

Our cabin # is 5186. It is wrong on the list. We are right next to your parents. Scotty should book in that area too. I like the idea of the t-shirts. It is so nice of you to take charge, you will do such a great job. It is so exciting having a group of CC'ers going together. This is as fun as the spamdam cruise where we planned a group shirt, shore excursions. Just let me know if I can do anything, Brian. Adele:p

Brian......That was so neat of you to compile the list. Thank you.

I think it will be fun to watch the list get longer and we all know it will!!!!

Really, Brian......thanks for being willing to be our leader organize everything for us.

Adele had a good idea about shore excursions. Think we should all book (overwhelm) ones offered by HAL?

I agree this is a very exciting cruise to look forward to.

We very much looked forward to our Noordam cruise, to a Rotterdam cruise we took after I had been extremely ill, and our Rotterdam back-to-backs for Christmas/Millenium New Years Eve and we now add this to our list of cruises we have looked forward to the VERY MOST. (Not that we don't look forward to them all whether for a specific reason or not.)

My, my, my, my, my - We've all been very busy, haven't we!

;)

Love the ideas flowing here - Keep em coming!

Revised List:

Sail7Seas & DH = 2* (Noordam Mariner Ambassadors & Noordam Reunion Cruise)

Bepsf – (Noordam Inaugural & Reunion) Aft-Corner SC5182

Stu&Linda - (Bepsf’s "M&D" 1st Cruise!)Aft VA5184

RevNeil – Greg & Christopher (Spamdam, Noordam Inaugural & Reunion Veterans)

Longtimecruiser – Adele & Emily - (Spamdam & Noordam Reunion Veterans) Aft VA5186

Sir Scott (Spamdam, HAL-O-Ween Group Cruise, Noordam Inaugural & Reunion Veteran)

SeaGypsy1 & DH (Spamdam Veterans) = 2

RuthC (She’s gonna book, she just doensn’t know it…) Spamdam& Noordam Reunion Veteran

Gen Max & Peggy (Noordam Inaugural) = 2

Jhannah (Jim) + DW = 2 - (VA7139)

Copper10-8 (John)+ DW Maria = 2

OceanFantasys + DH = 2 - VF5135 (tentatively)

Cruznon +DH & DD = 3 Aft VA5185

JRachels (Noordam Inaugural)

Sunshine91 + DH John = 2 (Noordam Inaugural & Reunion) 4045?

Shipcafe + DParents = 3(?)

RuthC (She’s gonna book, she just doensn’t know it…) Spamdam& Noordam Reunion Veteran

Not true. She does know it, she just hasn't booked it yet. ;)

Boy, oh boy! So many of you owe me so much chocolate! :D

Ruth Frances!!!!!!!!!

Have We Convinced You To Book The Eurodam???

You Know You Can't Resist!!

If You Do, I Mean, When You Do...go For Something Near My Mom And Me And Brian...which Is At The Aft Of Verandah Deck...

Mom And I Are In Cabin Va5186 But There Are Some Inside Cabins Right Around There As Well...

You'll Have All The Hershey Chocolate That You Could Ever Want When You Come Visit Us This Spring!! ;)

We Love You Ruthie!!:d :d

An "aspergillum" is a tool used to sprinkle holy water. I'm good at slinging holy water across quite a distance to "hit" people on the far end of the sanctuary. :) It take's a good hand-technique.

I'm late in responding to this, but I am having the BEST time visualising a seminary class (or at the very least a tutorial) in

holy-water-slinging.:D :D :D

Looking at the HAL site, I see the prices of the Eurodam inagural for mariners to be about $4400 for an inside cabin to $5400 per person for a VB category(which is what I had on the Noordam) including airfare from NY.

When you transfer to your own TA, does that affect the prices downwards? Are therse the prices one can expect to pay for this cruise?

When you transfer to your own TA, does that affect the prices downwards? Are therse the prices one can expect to pay for this cruise?
A TA will almost always beat HAL, so the prices you listed (which include air) are more than you should have to pay. I paid $700 less per person for our cabin than HAL lists on their website. So by all means find a good TA.

Looking at the HAL site, I see the prices of the Eurodam inagural for mariners to be about $4400 for an inside cabin to $5400 per person for a VB category(which is what I had on the Noordam) including airfare from NY.

I booked my parents directly via HAL into a VA for just a bit over $8k for their stateroom - Dunno if that was a "Mariner's" price or not...

I think you mentioned this is your parents' first cruise, Brian? If so, technically speaking they would not get a Mariner's Rate. However, if you were booking your own reservation with the same HAL PCC, perhaps he extended the Mariner's Rate to them?

Mariner's Rate is supposed to be for the second cruise people take which is the first cruise they are Mariner's.

Not to say some folks have not gotten that rate on their first cruise ...... I don't imagine anyone has a huge problem with that??

Hi Sail,

If Brian is taking his parents on the same cruise doesn't he get the Mariner's rate for them too? I thought we could book 4 cabins, or is that just an occasional special and not always available?

GN

I was thinking about that, GN, and I'm not sure. I think it highly possible you can book multiple cabins at Mariner Rate as long as you and everyone else you are booking for are sailing the same cruise on the same date.

Then I started to wonder if I wasn't confusing that with an AmEx benefit that provides for similar perks.

I think you are probably correct though.

Speak of which.....

Any chance you and DH might book this cruise? It would be wonderful to sail with you again. We so enjoyed you on Maasdam....it'd be nice to see you both again.

I think you mentioned this is your parents' first cruise, Brian? If so, technically speaking they would not get a Mariner's Rate. However, if you were booking your own reservation with the same HAL PCC, perhaps he extended the Mariner's Rate to them?

Mariner's Rate is supposed to be for the second cruise people take which is the first cruise they are Mariner's.

Not to say some folks have not gotten that rate on their first cruise ...... I don't imagine anyone has a huge problem with that??

Yes, this is their first cruise - perhaps as I was booking both our staterooms under my Mariner's number, etc. may be why I was able to get the better rate for them...

...I sure wasn't gonna question it!

;)

By all means, certainly Not!

I think GrannyNurse is correct. And well it should be that way IMO that you should be able to get the same rate for both cabins.

It's been so long since we booked for/with non-Mariners I've lost track of that benefit.

DH & I are now also considering this. As I've made myself perfectly clear on many earlier posts, I am NOT a fan of the Vistas, thus the E-dam isn't very appealing. However, the itinerary is one that we've wanted - PLUS the excellent company. :D We're also thinking that if we do the 10 days, we might as well do the 20 as the Baltic is also VERY appealing. For the 20-days it is far less than 2x as much and only the one r/t to Europe.

Given the large number of CC'ers, is there any particular reason we're not doing a group??? We saved a pretty good amount with the group on the Spamdam.

Oh, Brian - It IS legit to book additional cabins sailing with you at Mariner prices. I don't remember if it is up to 4 people or 4 cabins.

Oh, Brian - It IS legit to book additional cabins sailing with you at Mariner prices. I don't remember if it is up to 4 people or 4 cabins.

It's four cabins, under the "Friends and Family" plan.

And Mary Ellen, it would be great to have you and Karl join our "little" group! :) (did I say "our"? I haven't booked yet.:rolleyes: )

Archived