When's your favorite time to cruise?

When is your favorite time to cruise?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. When is your favorite time to cruise?

• Winter- escape from the cold weather with good rates!
    • Spring- party with the spring breakers!
    • Summer- bring the kids!
    • Fall- hurricane season!
    • Whenever I can!

I like September & January. Both times of the year have great rates. I don't like being in the Caribbean in the summer, it's too hot for me. Although it's still pretty hot in September, it's hurricane season and kids are back in school so the rates are awesome. Same thing in January except for the tropical storms, after the holidays when everyone is back to work or in school, that's when I book my cruises.

Looks like everybody seems to like Winter a lot. We might have to try a new years cruise sometime.

I will cruise any season but New Years cruises are a must.

Yes, there are a lot of kids but if the ship has a good kids program, they are not a bother to me. RCI seems to do a good job with their program.

We'll go whenever we can get a deal, but decided that it was extra nice going in Feb. when there was snow back home and we truly escaped from the cold! It also helps get through the winter. Feb flew by because we got home and were still high off of the cruise and suddenly here it is...March already!! :D

Laura

We cruise in the summer with and without the kids.....my parents take the kids for a week every summer, which allows us to just hop on a ship and act like kids ourselves....:D

Our first cruise with the kids and my parents will be April 2008 to the Caribbean as that is the kids' school vacation week and the summer is too hot for my parents. This will be our first Spring cruise.

We like the times when the kids are in school (and not on our ship). We usually avoid the summer so fall and and spring are our normal cruising times.

I 2nd that one. I've been married, coming up on 26 years on May 2nd, and I've found this to be a great time to vacation regardless of its a cruise, Disney, or some other resort. I vote for after Spring Break, but before summer. Late April / Early May is buckle down time as students make the final push of the year.

We live in a beach town in MA so I would never leave here in the nice weather!!!! So we cruise every Feb break when it is freakin' freezin here!:cool:

I know how you feel! I lived in Charleston for a couple of years and it killed me to go on a cruise when we had the beach and warm weather from April to September! It didn't stop me, though :D .

Winter (Jan -March) .... Not really the best rates in the Caribbean. Remember this really is their HIGH/MAIN season. :rolleyes:

No, it's really not. Compare the rates in July and January and they are going to be MUCH less in January, sometimes even half the price.

This is our 2nd cruise, the first was in August, and I almost hated it. The weather was unbearable, especially in Mexico, not to mention all the kids on the ship. It was the end of August, so that was right before school started, and although the rate was super good, it was just too much. I enjoyed my 1st cruise experience, but not that particular time of year. Its funny how your patience runs short as you get older, and you have adult kids, as we do, so the least amount of children the better, until I have grandkids that is;)

This time we are going late April, so hopefully it will be a better experience and I will have something to compare with my 1st cruise.

This is our 2nd cruise, the first was in August, and I almost hated it. The weather was unbearable, especially in Mexico, not to mention all the kids on the ship. It was the end of August, so that was right before school started, and although the rate was super good, it was just too much. I enjoyed my 1st cruise experience, but not that particular time of year. Its funny how your patience runs short as you get older, and you have adult kids, as we do, so the least amount of children the better, until I have grandkids that is;)

This time we are going late April, so hopefully it will be a better experience and I will have something to compare with my 1st cruise.

Well according to your signature you are sailing in the middle of April, which is prime spring break season, so good luck with the children problem :rolleyes: .

I forgot to add, I can get around the kids, but its the hot hot weather that bothers me and my Mom most, so I will take the kids over the heat any day!

I have never really been bothered by kids onaboard, I guess its because I got so used to having them around the house all those years. We had kids young (my wife and I were just 21), so we got used to the kids when we were young. Now our youngest of 3 is 18, about to go to college, and I wish they were young again, and wish I was younger than 42!

Anyways back to cruising, the Bahamas in April should be better for you. Whenever we have been to south Florida or the Bahamas in April it has just been in the high 70's or low 80's, so that will be much more bearable than the 90's of the Caribbean in August. I will always remember having over 100 degree temperatures on our July 2004 Southern Caribbean on Adventure. Not only was it that hot, it was more humid than you could immagine :eek: ! I will never go Southern Caribbean in the heart of the summer again.

Archived