Fashion pet peeves

This one will really bother some people, but I don't care..so here it is...a beautifullly groomed woman, smoking a cigarette, or WORSE...one with a "potty mouth".

And how about it when people deliberately shave their eyebrows and "color" in "new eyebrows" with an eye pencil??

Too much cheap perfume. Pee-ewe!

This one will really bother some people, but I don't care..so here it is...a beautifullly groomed woman, smoking a cigarette, or WORSE...one with a "potty mouth".

And how about it when people deliberately shave their eyebrows and "color" in "new eyebrows" with an eye pencil??

Too much cheap perfume. Pee-ewe!

I wasn't going to post on this thread but your comment

about the eyebrows got me;)

I am 48 and I remember MANY MANY years ago when

my Grandma was alive (that would be my Mom's mom).

That was Grandma Anna.....and back then nobody shaved

their eyebrows..well nobody we knew. She TWEEZED them

off...ALL OF THEM. And she used a dark eyebrow pencil

as eyebrows instead.

Do you think maybe that is why I have never tweezed

anything?:eek:

Seriously, I remember her brows were drawn....

as a kid..it was like, "what happened to your brows Gramma?"

Dear Sweet Snoopy girl, I promise that I will dress properly and tastefully for dinner on both formal and informal nights, but honey, I'm not giving up my Tevas for anyone! :D Sorry if I offend your delicate sensibilities but I have never found any sandals more comfortable and on my 50 year old feet, that's important. Why are you wasting your cruise looking at peoples feet anyway?:)

AOS 3/25/07 20 short days to go!!

I wore Tevas for 2 months when I went hiking in Europe...Anybody who tries them out will see that they are extremely comfortable...as for the way they look...sometimes looks lose out to being smart.

When you think about it, it's probably all "their fashion quirks" that made us love them as our grandmas! How else would we have recognized her as grandma??

I remember as a child when I would hug my mom and she "felt stiff" (her girdle) and she smelled real nice. That's always how I knew mommy and daddy were going out somewhere special that night and I was having a babysitter!

as eyebrows instead.

Yeah, but you live in Eastern Ontario! You need UGGS there sometime. OTOH, I wear Birks, so it's not like I'm a footwear sophisticate.

After reading this thread this morning, I went shopping and what did I see? A 70 year old lady in fake Juicy Couture velour sweats. Okay, that covers off at least 4 sins at once!

Viv

Viv

Birks make you a sophisticate based on their name brand and their price. They may not be Jimmy Choos but their definately not dollar store either.

Why do you women hate to see a guy in speedos. If women are allowed to show off their bodies, why can't men?

I agree that men should be able to show off their bodies, just like women. There should not be different standards. I just hope that both err on the side of good taste. :p

As far as the speedo issue, I don't think they look flattering on any man. I don't like them on men with good physical traits as well as men that could get into better shape. I do not like green eggs with ham, I do not like them Sam I am! :D

I dont like the bikini style speedo, but I do like the tight boxer brief looking speedo :D . I wouldnt mind seeing a couple of those speedos on my cruise.

I don't think I have ever seen that type of speedo. :)

The only kind I have seen are the bikini brief type.

So maybe I could like Green Eggs and Ham!

Fat hairy guys in Speedos and Thongs!!

Young women with their thong showing out of the back of their shorts with a tag saying "pull for sex".

Woman of any age in beach wear and high heels, all they are missing is the pole.

They might be expensive, but I put Berkies in with the Crocs for being ugly (DW loves Crocs BTW), and since I'm an equal opportunity offender, don't those Ugg boots make your feet sweat? Do they sell odor eaters for those things?

If you live and work in a beach town, it's like a cruise ship, you'll see it all eventually, and quite a bit you wish you hadn't.

Summers I do wear comfortable sandals with no socks, and I do make sure my feet don't make me look like a Sasquatch.

After reading all these pet peeves, of which many I agree with, I thought it would be fun to head up to the deck sometime with my robe on and pajama pants. I would take those off to reveal my 1981 Journey concert shirt which would not come close to covering my speedo, which would have "baby" written across the butt. My fanny pack would be looking mighty nice draped off to the side. On my feet I would have a dark sock and sandle on one foot, and a croc or teva on the other. I would head up to the bar and order a bucket of beer and head for any chair that wasn't already saved. I would sit back with my 80's Vuarnet sunglasses on and watch the people go by. Do you think I could pick up some fine ladies looking like this? :)

After reading all these pet peeves, of which many I agree with, I thought it would be fun to head up to the deck sometime with my robe on and pajama pants. I would take those off to reveal my 1981 Journey concert shirt which would not come close to covering my speedo, which would have "baby" written across the butt. My fanny pack would be looking mighty nice draped off to the side. On my feet I would have a dark sock and sandle on one foot, and a croc or teva on the other. I would head up to the bar and order a bucket of beer and head for any chair that wasn't already saved. I would sit back with my 80's Vuarnet sunglasses on and watch the people go by. Do you think I could pick up some fine ladies looking like this? :)

Hey, I saw you on my last RCI cruise:D!

You are too funny :D . Im sure you would get plenty of looks. Ym just not sure if they would be the ones you were looking for. Good luck ;) !

Odds are you would probably pick up something that can't be treated with Penicillin!

But you could perhaps, make it on one of Blackwell's Famous Fashion lists.

as eyebrows instead.

My grandmother drew on her eyebrows too. For her funeral, we had to tell the undertaker lady to get a pencil and get drawing or there would be no viewing. No way would my grandmother be seen without her brows and earrings!

Remember the white/pale hose with any color of dresses, maybe mid-80's? YUCK!!

And I"m not a fan of white eyeliner :rolleyes: My cousin wears it and I just don't get it.

Melissa

Hee Hee I hear you! This past summer my mother was ill and she was always fastidious about drawing her eyebrows. Well she asked me ( who was blessed with perfect brows) to do them..Can't say I wasn't nervous but I drew them on free hand and thought they were pretty good until my sweet daughter came in and whispered: "Gee Mom Gumma looks really mad ,what did you do??" "It's the brows Dear...":D:D

Lately, I've seen young teenage girls wearing pajamas out! Flannel comfy pants and sweatshirts/teeshirts with flip flops or crocs.

Gross!

I am young..26..and I love comfort also..but COME ON. Is it that hard to put on a decent outfit and make yourself presentable??

I guess I was raised to go out looking a bit more like a lady.:rolleyes:

My fashion pet peeve list......

1. Uncared for feet in sandals. Doesn't matter if people have their toe nails painted or not, but cracked heels, ragged nails and feet that have never seen a grooming tool absolutely disgust me.

2. White underwear under white clothes. Wear NUDE underwear so it doesn't show!

3. Socks and sandals - often worn w/ shorts. ie The "German Tourist" look.

4. Men who don't remove their hats indoors.

5. Tee shirts with advertising on them.

6. Clothes that fit when wearer was 20 pounds lighter.

7. People who don't dress appropriately. If it says formal, make an effort.

8. Sweat/Wind suits - they look ridiculous.

9. Underarm hair.

10. Rubber flip-flops on city streets. They're for the pool, beach or resort.

Archived