Does new bedding include new bedspreads?

this is the list of what is being changed.

• New bed frames designed to prevent sagging
  • Special pillow-top mattress pads that fold out to accommodate two twin beds pushed together and eliminate the gap in the middle
  • 220-thread-count cotton-blend sheets
  • Micro-fiber pillows and decorative pillows
  • Duvets, bed skirts, and bed scarves to protect the duvets

All of Royal Caribbean's ships should have updated beds by May 2007, so within about a year, even the pickiest of royal princesses should get a good night's sleep onboard.

this is the list of what is being changed.

• New bed frames designed to prevent sagging
  • Special pillow-top mattress pads that fold out to accommodate two twin beds pushed together and eliminate the gap in the middle
  • 220-thread-count cotton-blend sheets
  • Micro-fiber pillows and decorative pillows
  • Duvets, bed skirts, and bed scarves to protect the duvets

All of Royal Caribbean's ships should have updated beds by May 2007, so within about a year, even the pickiest of royal princesses should get a good night's sleep onboard.

When you mention a duvet does that mean it's filled with feathers or is it just like a quilted bedpread?

No bedspreads. The bed has a comforter on top. The comforter is in a removable cover , i.e. "duvet cover" (someone thinks that it sounds classier in French :rolleyes: ) , and there is a little "runner" (what they are calling a *bed scarf*) at the foot.

No bedspreads. The bed has a comforter on top. The comforter is in a removable cover , i.e. "duvet cover" (someone thinks that it sounds classier in French :rolleyes: ) , and there is a little "runner" (what they are calling a *bed scarf*) at the foot.

OK, but definately no feathers? because feathers would be a big problem for my asthma.

I know the mattresses are upgraded...how about the bedspreads?

I found and posted this picture of the beds yesterday for someone who asked. Cruise Critic fflady posted this last year.

4023.jpg?tkn=phoPW9FBkyJZ9zA8&saveas=Grand+Suite+1582

I found and posted this picture of the beds yesterday for someone who asked. Cruise Critic fflady posted this last year.

4023.jpg?tkn=phoPW9FBkyJZ9zA8&saveas=Grand+Suite+1582

Alexis, stupid question, how do you get the picture so big. I keep ending up with these little thumbnails things when I want to post a picture.

I think the bed scarf thing is there to sort of protect the duvet if you want to lay down during the day. It is positioned where your feet would be. Or if you come into your cabin and toss things on the bed (camera, whatever), you can aim for this! I think this is a much better set up than those nasty bedspreads.

Alexis, stupid question, how do you get the picture so big. I keep ending up with these little thumbnails things when I want to post a picture.

That was the size picture that fflady posted last September, so that is how it comes out for me too. ;)

We were on the Vision in December with the new bedding. The new stuff is beautiful to look at and comfortable to sleep in. However, after the first day the nice decorative pillows and "bed scarf" were never to be seen again. While it is pretty, don't ask me why they chose white! I put a suitcase on the bed to unpack and it left a smudge. I was able to brush it out, but my bet is that after about 6 months they will look horrible! But in any event a much welcome improvement over the old!

Archived