Why Do Those Documents Make Us Mortals So Happy?

wizard-of-roz

I just got the doc's for our Oosterdam cruise in April and a day that started out as pretty darn crummy:( ......became the happiest day I can remember in a very long time.:)

And, that blue/clutch holder is so pretty.....it sure beat the "download" of "E-Doc's" that we had to produce, ourselves, on our last cruise.

I literally walked around my office, showing it off to everyone......I think I just made my own commercial.....Hey, HAL want to do a spot about someone getting their doc's in that fabulous holder......call me!!!!! I can do a DOC DANCE like no one can!!!!!!!!!!

I'M SO HAPPY.....I'M SO HAPPY.....WHAT A GREAT FEELING!!!!!!:p

Thank you HAL for treating we sea-fairers so well!!!!!

Thanks everyone for all the great answers. I shall dance the nights aways!!!!!

I always get that "silly" grin on my face whenever I think of them.....(the doc's that is!) ;)

Lisa, how was your cruise? Thank you so very much for giving Mr. Deering the "heads up!" He responded with an email informing me of the location of the "potty box!" You are so sweet for thinking of "Brenny" on your vacation. My concern now is that they fill it with something other than sand.

Did the ROL go as wonderfully as you were hoping? What day did they do it?

Have you done your review yet?

........Lisa, how was your cruise? Thank you so very much for giving Mr. Deering the "heads up!" He responded with an email informing me of the location of the "potty box!" You are so sweet for thinking of "Brenny" on your vacation. My concern now is that they fill it with something other than sand.

Hi, Roz:

Lisa just left Saturday for her Oosterdam cruise, and will be back this coming Saturday, March 24th......:)

Congrats on your doc dance:)

Karin

Thanks for informing me all the sound reasons why folks treasure cruise docs as if they were a Presidential pardon for a life sentence. Outside of the nice blue holder and the baggage cards, I've always viewed the bulk of the package as essentially marketing trash. My opinion, of course.

I guess that when you receive your documents and hold them for the first time, it really sinks in that you are crusing very,very,soon!!

I know that to me if feeling offical then because the cruise is paid for, you already mentally planning what to do and to wear.

I guess it just feel real!!

That's just my opinion!!

Don't feel bad about showing the documents off at work. When I sailed on the Oosterdam, I did the very same thing. The blue document holder was a step above what the other cruiselines used. I brought it to work like a child in show and tell and let everyone look at it.

On my upcoming cruise, I received e-documents. But have no fear, I still have my blue folders from both my Oosterdam and Westerdam cruises. I'm going to place my paperwork in them and act like they arrived in them :D :D !

Happy sailing!!

Maasdam

April 4-14,2007

You book a cruise and smile...but alas, sometimes it's along wait until you step aboard a beautiful ship.

Then, ta da! A package arrives with a familar logo...inside these LOVELY documents!! Suddenly this planned cruise is REALLY coming true!!!

Then this grin appears on your face. Even on an awful day, the grin just doesn't fade!:D

Double, you may think it's marketing trash, but I don't agree. Look at how roz showed off these docs? . I think it'sSmart marketing.

Even when I crusie on another line, their documents are always presented to the check-in agent in my HAL doc folder! (No other line I've sailed on, has this lovely presentation of docs. Very smart marketing....

Thanks everyone for all the great answers. I shall dance the nights aways!!!!!

I always get that "silly" grin on my face whenever I think of them.....(the doc's that is!) ;)

Lisa, how was your cruise? Thank you so very much for giving Mr. Deering the "heads up!" He responded with an email informing me of the location of the "potty box!" You are so sweet for thinking of "Brenny" on your vacation. My concern now is that they fill it with something other than sand.

Hi Roz, we actually did not leave till this past Saturday, I passed on you email prior. Tonight is our ROV and it will be so very speccial. Thanks for thinking of us:)

Lisa: What was I thinking....R.O.L.? I can't even imagine what the "L" would stand for......"Love", "Luck", "Lushishness"? We can only use our imaginations. I know it's "V" for "Vows!" Or is it "Victory?"

No matter! I wish you a wonderful renewal of your love for each other and a splendiferous cruise! Enjoy every moment! ;)

Please tell us all about it when you return!

Lisa: What was I thinking....R.O.L.? I can't even imagine what the "L" would stand for......"Love", "Luck", "Lushishness"?

I noticed that when I read it, but figured you meant "lust". :rolleyes:

No?

Archived