What time did you board the ship?

I was wondering what time you can board the ship. I know that it says don't board the ship before 2 or so, but I've heard people boarding around 12. What time did you board your ship and what time did it tell you not to board before?

I am staying at a hotel and we have to be out by 11am ... so I don't know what to do with the luggage in between then and having to board the ship. Any suggestions?

Unless there is some unforseen event, like the ship coming in late (that happened to us on the Conquest in Dec; of course, on the ship didn't mind too much, but I felt sorry for the upcoming cruisers who were waiting in the parking lot for hours :( ). If you leave the hotel about 10:45 or 11:00, then go ahead and go to the ship; you should be fine :)

We always arrive at the cruise terminal around 11 AM and are ususally on board before 12. There are plenty of porters to take your luggage. This was true 2 weeks ago on NOS out of Miami, even tho' our docs stated not to arrive at pier before 2 PM.

We arrived at the terminal in Miami for the Majesty cruise at 11:00, and had a slight delay because they were trying to get a wedding party on board all in one group. I think we got on board around 11:30.

However, when we were getting off there was a HUGE delay by US Customs. We were in the first group to have our luggage tags called, and we still didn't get off until 10:30. I wouldn't be surprised if many of the other passengers didn't get off until 11:30 or later, and I am sure passengers for the next cruise had to wait to board.

That's the neat thing about these boards--you know stuff 90% of the other's don't know! Yes--get to the ship around 11-11:30am. You've already paid for your cruise and boarding day is day 1!!!! (Departure day doesn't count!--You'll find out why!) Might as well make use of the ship that you've paid LOTS of money for!

Were you in a suite when you got on so quickly? Our last two trips on HAL we booked suites so were the first group to board. So, I don't know how long people had to wait to board. It seemed people were boarding for hours, but they could have just been late arrivals to port.

So, once they start boarding, does it go quickly, or could you still have to wait an hour or more to get on?

We were on the Enchantment about 3 weeks ago. Arrived at the pier shortly before 11:00am. Dropped off luggage, parked the car across the street and by the time we got back to the terminal, they were asking all Diamond, D+, platinum and suite holders to begin check in. We are platinum and had a JS and were onboard by 11:30. Checked out the location of our table in the dining room and by the time we got to the Windjammer it was opened for lunch. Your documents generally say 2:00 boarding as I recall but we've always been onboard by noon or before.

Tanker4

I had the same situation with EOS on 12 Mar. I got to the terminal at 11:30, dropped off my bags, and zipped through check-in. Then I went to deck 9 to eat at the Windjammer.

It was our first cruise. When we got back home, we booked a June 08 Western Med cruise.

Archived