Future Cruise Credit

Smiles3usa

I have conducted a search, but I haven't seen my question asked. I am interested in booking a cruise for the fall 2008, when bookings open March 24, 2007 (I'd like to pick out a cabin and really don't care about the reduced deposit). Query, if I buy open booking credits on my October 2007, will I be able to receive FCC for the fall 2008 booking that I make in March 2007. Said another way--can FCC be used retroactively?

Thanks

I have conducted a search, but I haven't seen my question asked. I am interested in booking a cruise for the fall 2008, when bookings open March 24, 2007 (I'd like to pick out a cabin and really don't care about the reduced deposit). Query, if I buy open booking credits on my October 2007, will I be able to receive FCC for the fall 2008 booking that I make in March 2007. Said another way--can FCC be used retroactively?

Thanks

No you will not be able to use FCC that you buy in Oct 2007 on a cruise booked in March 2007, you need to have the FCC in your account at time of booking - FCC needs to be purchased onboard prior to making your reservation.

The only way you could do that is if you cancel your booking and completely re-book after you purchase a fcc. However, you take the chance of losing out on your original price and desired cabin as well as selected dining choice.

If you speak to your TA or the Future Cruise booking person - they can often apply a new Future Cruise deposit to an existing reservation. You will pay a higher deposit but you will get the future cruise credit.

We have done this. When we booked our B2B Tahiti cruises for last year, all we had was one FCC in our account. We applied the one we had to one of the cruises, but did end up paying the full deposit on the second cruise. The following month (after booking that) we cruised and bought a couple more FCC's onboard. When we returned, our TA applied one to the cruise we paid full deposit on, and we were then given the OBC for that cruise also. It was definitely worth doing this for the longer cruise. We didn't have to cancel anything to be able to apply it either.

Hulagirl

Is there much of an advantage booking onboard? We will be sailing in May and I might just book onboard if there is a real advantage.

Thanks,

Robert

We purchase FCC on board, the deposit is $100 and you get onboard credit when you use it depending on length and cat you book.

I think it is a great deal as I leave my booking 'open' and shop around when ready to book.

We have 2 FCC available and would like to book b2b--is it possible to put only 1 credit on each leg of the b2b--even though 2 of us will be cruising

I see this would be no problem if only 1 person is cruising--or could you put it in the name of 1 person for both cruises--then you wouldn't need to put 25% down (or whatever it is) because of not having 4 FCC

Do I make sense--probably not?????

Nancy:D

FCC... can someone give me an idea of what this is, how it's used and how I get one? DH and I will be doing our first Princess cruise (been on RCCL and Carnival before) in October but I am looking to book Alaska (I think) next summer and am interested in Princess for this... what do I need to look for and how does this work?

Future Cruise Credits are purchased when you are on a cruise with Princess--they are $100 each and are good fot 4 years--if by that time you have not used them--you can get your money returned.

Rather than putting down a large deposit on a cruise--you would use your FCC--you will also get Onboard Credits

These are really great--you own nothing on your cruise until final payment--also, you can cancel a cruise and then use the FCC on another one--this is a win-win situation.

This sounds like a FABULOUS idea! I'm in for buying them... I do it while on the cruise, right?

So instead of having to put down a $250 pp deposit (for a 7 night cruise) I can just do the $100 FCC per person????? So I would need two, right?

Thanks. It was the on board credit that I didn't want to lose by booking early. The OBC almost pays for the tips--its quite a nice benefit. Reduced deposit doesn't make that big a difference, cause you have to pay the full amount anyway--eventually.

We have 2 FCC available and would like to book b2b--is it possible to put only 1 credit on each leg of the b2b--even though 2 of us will be cruising

I see this would be no problem if only 1 person is cruising--or could you put it in the name of 1 person for both cruises--then you wouldn't need to put 25% down (or whatever it is) because of not having 4 FCC

Nancy, you can use 1 FCC to book two people, the second person must pay a deposit which is usually the same reduced $100 amount, but sometimes people report having to pay the stnadard deposit (like Hulagirl). BOTH persons get the onboard credit even though only one FCC was used. SO in your case, the 2 FCC's will book the two of you for two cruises; you just have to pay the second deposit for both weeks.

This sounds like a FABULOUS idea! I'm in for buying them... I do it while on the cruise, right?

So instead of having to put down a $250 pp deposit (for a 7 night cruise) I can just do the $100 FCC per person????? So I would need two, right?

Yes, you do it on the cruise, its the ONLY place you can buy them. But the slick trick is you only need one to book two people, as noted above.

You will only use 1 FCC for each leg and will need to pay the $100 additional deposit for each week you will both get the onboard credit for each leg. Hope this explains it:D

We're sailing on the Crown on March 31st and would like to book a cruise for next year. Is the reduced deposit $100.00 per person or per cabin? Princess is saying it is per person. Also, do you get the OBC if you transfer the cruise to your TA?

Thanks. It was the on board credit that I didn't want to lose by booking early. The OBC almost pays for the tips--its quite a nice benefit. Reduced deposit doesn't make that big a difference, cause you have to pay the full amount anyway--eventually.

drakes2, The reduced deposit will be $100 per person. You need to purchase only 1 Future cruise credit though. When you book the cruise the second person in the cabin will be charged $100. You will both receive the appropriate onboard credit. If you want to part with $200 while you are onboard (that is, purchase 2 Future Cruise credits) hold on to one of them for another cruise. It is wonderful to have one in your hip pocket.

Archived