Recent C&A gifts on board?

We were on AOS 3/4-3/11. I am a Platinum member of C&A, and my husband is Gold. I got the coupon book, my Platinum member pin, and a couple of invitations to on-board events for members. Was there anything else given out that I missed?? Usually C&A members get a gift, like a keychain, picture frame, fanny pack, etc. And if there is a Platinum and a Gold in the same cabin, why did only the Platinum member gets perks??

I will be sending these same Qs to C&A, but wanted other member's feedback as well.

Thanks!!

On our last cruise my husband and I were both gold (almost platinum though) and we got two very nice blue leather picture frames, coupon books, pens and invitation to the past guest party. We had friends who were diamond and there's was the same as ours except for the concerige I think, and priority boarding and disembarking.

Our trip on Majesty was only our second cruise, so our first time as Gold. After the first night we got the coupon book and picture frame in our room, and our kids just got the coupon book in their room. The second night the kids got two picture frames in their room, and the third night we got another two picture frames in our room. So we left with 5 picture frames for a 3-night cruise.

We had two different cabin stewards between the two cabins, so obviously they were a little confused. :rolleyes:

Picture frames, AGAIN, last month on the Enchantment. I've gotten so many of those frames now, that I actually left them on the ship this time. I'd really love a new gift.

What are some suggestions we could give to C&A for new gifts we'd like to see?

I saw someone with a nice RCCL tote bag back in Nov. but he said he received it on a different ship. I'd like a nice tote bag. Beach towels would be nice too.

Picture frames, AGAIN, last month on the Enchantment. I've gotten so many of those frames now, that I actually left them on the ship this time. I'd really love a new gift.

We just got back from Adventure last week and also got the picture frames. We didn't bother taking them either.

What are some suggestions we could give to C&A for new gifts we'd like to see?

I saw someone with a nice RCCL tote bag back in Nov. but he said he received it on a different ship. I'd like a nice tote bag. Beach towels would be nice too.

The tote bags have been done already. They were tan with blue handles and the ships name on them. Can find a mess of them on ebay. And right now beach towels are one of the choices for diamond/+ gifts.

I agree though, some change would be nice. Only so many frickin frames you can deal with, lol.

Ditto on the picture frame. You should have gotten one for each person, not one for the cabin. One was more than enough for me though.

I'd like one of those computer mice with the ship floating around in it.

I don't do pictures in a frame (they all go in an album); got 2 frames in December on Vision and got 1 on Legend in February. I loved the tote bags, I use them for grocery shopping instead of taking the plastic bags. One store even credits my bill for having my own bags. I got 2 over-the-door toiletry bag on Vision 2 years ago, that's handy too. I'd like to see a beach towel or flip flops/slippers as C & A thank you gifts.

As best as I can figure....

toiletry bags were the 2nd half of 2004/1st half of 2005 gift

canvas bags were 2nd 1/2 2005/1st 1/2 2006 gifts

picture frames were 2nd 1/2 2006/1st 1/2 2007 gifts

It seems like they change the gifts around July every year. If you are sailing the second half of 2007, there will probably be a new gift. :)

On our last cruise on the Vision the activities director took off right before our cruise. I guess she disembarked and left!!:eek:

So they were a little disorganized but the staff handled it loike pros, we had a great Meet n Mingle party, the food was better than usual and instead of the routine gifts (fanny packs etc) they gave everyone a computer mouse with the little floating ship in it. It is really great!

On our last cruise, when we disembarked, a friend of mine was standing in line next to me and had his passport & airline tickets, etc. in a nice little mini portfolio thing. I noticed it and commented on how neat it was and he said he got it as a gift onboard on one of his earlier cruises. Not sure what exactly that little thing was called, but I would love to have one of those. Hope they bring them back around sometime soon!

I must have missed the tote bags, never got one of those. I did get the toiletry bags and fanny packs, which were great. Use them on every cruise now.

Maybe they could give us a coupon for a free logo item out of the gift shop. Up to a certain value, maybe $10. That way people could get what they really want.

This will be our first time cruising as a C&A member. When do you get coupon books/gifts?

We got the coupon book and the gift on the first full day. Last cruise we got the coupon book the first full day and the gift the last day. If you don't receive yours just ask you room steward.

This cruise aboard Adventure we didn't get our C & A coupon books until I asked for them. We also didn't get the notice about the Repeaters' party. I happened to be walking by the lounge and noticed the reserved sign in front of the door.

Our stewart did a good job cleaning the room but other than that he was the worst we have had on any cruise. He had no personality what so ever and rarely spoke. He even walked in on me a couple of times when I was in the cabin. He was lucky that I was in a good mood when I filled out my evaluation card for the cruise. I hope he enjoys the picture frames that we left behind.

Reerun, how lucky you to be at a Meet and Mingle where they gave everyone the Aqua Mouse. I have wanted to get one since they came out, but I've never been lucky enough to win one in the M & M raffle. And even though we play trivia and other games, they never give that as one of the prizes. I wish the staff would let us trade in other prizes to get them, but on the ships I've been on, the staff isn't very free about giving away items or even letting you trade for various prizes, like when you have previously won the same type of item like luggage straps and you want to trade for another item. Or on the Rhapsody last cruise we kept winning Bingo cards as prizes and we don't play Bingo, but they wouldn't trade for anything else, so we just gave them away.

Archived