Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

Good for you, Donna! So glad to see this continue. Thanks very much for taking the time and trouble to keep us all informed. Looking forward to reading much more over the coming days!

Becky

P. S. I think Petrohue Falls just went off my "must see" list for next year because of the crowds you encountered. This is a good example of why these threads are so valuable.

Crowds:confused: , the crowds were really not that bad yesterday, yes there were a lot of people (Holland America and Princess Tours), but everyone gave the other the courtesy to take pictures and see the falls. It's like being on a large ship, there are a lot of people. This is why it's good to have more people posting from the ship because all the people who are presently at home can get different perspectives as to what is going on (on the Ship).

Easykruz,

I'm back:eek:

Oh no Mr. Bill :)

Don't know why they closed the other thread, but I'm glad you started another. We certainly want to continue the cruise. There's still too much interesting stuff that we haven't heard about yet. Who would have known you needed disposable shoes to see the penguins. LOL It makes a lot of sense but I don't think anyone would have thought of it before going.

You and others post when you can. Hope you're still having good weather and that everyone continues to have a great time on this cruise.

Good Morning,

Vicky and I did not have disposable boots when we visited Antarctica. So what I did when I got back to the ship I asked the room stewart if he would mind cleaning the boots, when he said no problem I just gave him a healthy tip. Walla, I have never seen anyone so happy to clean boots before.:eek: . We have a great, wonderful room stewart, I just wish I could afford him so we could take him home with us.

Easykruz,

Bill:)

Thanks Donna for starting a new thread. The other one was really interesting with partication from so many on board on the Golden. Thanks to Bill aka JotWorld posting Easykruz Bill's pictures, we got a show and tell for some of Bill's adventures. I'm sure that will continue as we cruise along with you and your friends.

Mary

Mary,

Thanks for the compliments from everyone above and all those that are on board as Cruise Critics. I would just like to say that everyone we have met so far, from Cruise Critics, are very nice people. I'm looking forward to meeting more wonderful people on our second leg of this trip.

Easykruz,

Bill, Donah or anyone else - I had asked on the other thread whether you knew if there were any kids on this cruise - not sure if anyone saw my?

Thanks

Jane

Jane,

The answer is yes, we are going to have about 500 kids on our next cruise.:eek:

Easykruz,

Billy the Kid;)

For all the Food-holics out there.

At our table last night, Arlene had Crab legs and Milt had Baaa (arlenemilt), Ken had Crab legs and Tina had Chicken (Coo359a), Donna had Chicken and Dennis had Crab legs (DonahCBrown), Len had Baa and Francine had Crab legs (Francine), and Vicky had Crab legs and Bill had Fetticine Alfredo (Easykruz).

Easykruz,

Bill :)

Donna, thanks so much for restarting the thread. Perhaps some of our other friends will eventually be able to join in....not likely I guess, but we can all hope....

Billi,

Amen to that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easykruz,

Hello Land Lubbers, (of which I will become one in another 24 days):eek:

Today looks like another beautiful day, blue sky and according to Tina who was just outside excercising it is warmer. Hooray.:) :cool:

Easykruz,

Bill

Tomorrow is our last full day on board and we'll be happy to be on our way home. But I love this itinerary and highly recommend it to anyone who wants to try something different. Buenas Noches from the coast of Chile. Ann

Ann,

Thank you so much for your part on both of these threads. As many have said, it is great to hear from so many different people on board. Have a safe journey home.

The rest of us will cruise along with those still on board until SF. :D

Mary

Bill, Donah or anyone else - I had asked on the other thread whether you knew if there were any kids on this cruise - not sure if anyone saw my?Thanks

Jane

Jane,

I was on the cruise previous to this one. There were some children, but, not many at all. IF we had 30 that was it. You rarely saw or heard them.

In fact I used the kid's pool area as my private sundeck in an attempt to block the winds.

Expect more children with Easter breaks coming soon.

Cathy

Jane,

Easykruz,

Billy the Kid;)

my goodness Bill 500??? would you mind me asking which cruise this will be - the most we have had onboard was 200 to Mexico !!

Jane,

I was on the cruise previous to this one. There were some children, but, not many at all. IF we had 30 that was it. You rarely saw or heard them.

In fact I used the kid's pool area as my private sundeck in an attempt to block the winds.

Expect more children with Easter breaks coming soon.

Cathy

Thanks Cathy that is great info - on our Alaskan b2b there were only 10 or so !! would love to do Sth America and thats great to know!!!

and again thank you to all who have posted - what a wonderful cruise - safe trip home guys!!!

Jane

We have been having a good time on this cruise. I agree with Bill that even with all the busses to the Falls you were still able to walk out on the boardwalk and get all the pictures you wanted. This has been a very good cruise so far - no majoar complaints. Haven't been hungary once. Last night most everyone was chowing down on king crab legs. Today last sea day before Santiago and it is finally beginning to warm up so you can do early morning walks without being cold. Time to unpack the shorts. If anyone does this cruise next year, don't miss the Bluff Cove Penguin Tour. It was fantastic and there were plenty penguins still around. The ride in the 4x4 was a tour in itself. Welcome aboard to all who will be joinging us in Santiago.

Welcome aboard to all who will be joinging us in Santiago.

That's us! We're sitting here in Atlanta where we will be sitting for the next 10 hours. We are confirmed on tonight's Delta flight to Santiago. Working for an airline does help. See you all tomorrow.

We didn't have many kids on our cruise but keep in mind that there are many, many Brazilians and other South Americans on the ship and it's still their summer vacation.

The most kids I've ever had on a cruise was a Thanksgiving cruise a few years ago. On a ship that held 2200 or so people over 750 of them were between the ages of 3-17. Our son Jonathan had a ball and you actually almost never saw the kids.

Good Morning,

Vicky and I did not have disposable boots when we visited Antarctica. So what I did when I got back to the ship I asked the room stewart if he would mind cleaning the boots, when he said no problem I just gave him a healthy tip. Walla, I have never seen anyone so happy to clean boots before.:eek: . We have a great, wonderful room stewart, I just wish I could afford him so we could take him home with us.

Easykruz,

That made me laugh, don't we all wish we could get that wonderful service at home:D :rolleyes:

For all the Food-holics out there.

At our table last night, Arlene had Crab legs and Milt had Baaa (arlenemilt), Ken had Crab legs and Tina had Chicken (Coo359a), Donna had Chicken and Dennis had Crab legs (DonahCBrown), Len had Baa and Francine had Crab legs (Francine), and Vicky had Crab legs and Bill had Fetticine Alfredo (Easykruz).

Easykruz,

Bill :)

We are foodies but want to know the details of the food not who ate what!!:D :D :D

my goodness Bill 500??? would you mind me asking which cruise this will be - the most we have had onboard was 200 to Mexico !!

Thanks Cathy that is great info - on our Alaskan b2b there were only 10 or so !! would love to do Sth America and thats great to know!!!

and again thank you to all who have posted - what a wonderful cruise - safe trip home guys!!!

Jane

Jane - remember it is spring break already in some of the counties here, our is only first week of April but some collages have had SB already:rolleyes: :D

I tend to agree.

That said, the rack of lamb that I have had on Princess in the past has been very good/excellent. I do recognize that lamb is an acquired taste, and that a lot of people don't care for it.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Thanks for the new thread and I look forward to more grea information!

Mommykim and beckntom:

I wouldn't let crowds keep you away from the Falls. We were on the same cruise as PaminMA and we had arranged a private tour in Puerto Montt, they made sure we got to the Falls fairly early. There were people there, but we met most of the Princess buses on the way out.

The scenery is spectacular, and the color of water just unbelievable. I would definitely try to include it in your day there.

Puerto Varas and Frutillar are also lovely and quaint towns, and the Lake Llanquihue is gorgeous - so it Todos los santos.

MC

Archived