Still Live, Still on the Golden from here to San Francisco

DonahCBrown

[quote name='Kiwi Kruzer']Amazing to see General San Martin again.To say this place is desolate is an understatement.It just does NOT rain there.So dry in fact that weeds can't even grow.Being a weather man jot Bill would know a bit more on this.
When we called there , we went to Paracas,about a half hour taxi ride from the middle of nowhere where the ship is berthed, and then took the little boat out to the offshore Islands to see the amazing wildlife.

[IMG]http://i9.tinypic.com/2n8mxc1.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Thanks for you picture I mistakenly thanked JOT Bill :eek: for this picture so I am setting the record straight.

Easykruz,
Bill:)

[quote name='Sea Fan']I think they have chosen to just enjoy their cruise, much to our disappointment.

Dianne[/quote]

The computers in the internet cafe were very slow, sometimes we can't post or read for that matter it's so slow.:eek: Keep the faith.;)

Easykruz,

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][attachment=29728:name]

[attachment=29729:name]

[attachment=29730:name][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER] [/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][CENTER][COLOR=black][B][U]CLICK ON[/U][/B] & Make them [B][U]BIG![/U][/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]
[/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER]Picture 1, post 175, as you can see the Christ Statue is in the background and there is a picture of Bill and Ellie, HUGH-TWO, looking at the camera.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER]Picture 2, post 175, picture of Easykruz and the city of Cusco in the background.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER]Picture 3, post 175, these stairs beside the road looked as if they went on forever.[/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif] [/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black][attachment=29732:name]

[attachment=29733:name]

[attachment=29734:name][/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black][/FONT] [/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]Picture 1, post 175, Picture of Juan Carlos our excellent tour guide.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black][/FONT] [/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]Picture 2, post 175, picture of Easykruz in a door way.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]Picture 3, post 175, another picture of the vastness of the terrain and the wall.
[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][attachment=29735:name]

[attachment=29736:name]

[attachment=29737:name][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]Picture 1, post 175, Vicky and Easykruz in front of the Sacsayhuaman Fortress Wall. Notice how large and close the boulders are to each other. There is no grout between the boulders and I could not put a credit card between the boulders.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]Picture 2, post 175, Here you get a larger view of the wall.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]Picture 3, post 175, and even a larger view of the wall.
[/FONT][/CENTER]
[/FONT]

[CENTER][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=Arial Black][attachment=29738:name][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][attachment=29739:name][/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=Arial Black]Picture number 1 is of Easykruz in the Plaza de Armas with the cathedral in the background, post number 175.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][FONT=Arial Black]The second picture, post 175, is a better picture of the cathedral.[/FONT][/CENTER]

[/FONT]

[CENTER][attachment=29742:name]

[attachment=29741:name]

[attachment=29743:name][/CENTER]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]The first picture, post 165, is when the boat docked at San Martin, we are on the other side of the bay on our way to the Peruvian Air Base.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]The second picture, post 166, is Cusco taken from the airplane as we were getting ready to land.[/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]
[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][CENTER][FONT=Arial Black]The third picture, post 175, is in the Santo Domingo church and shows the INKA ruins. [/FONT][/FONT][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#ffa500]Good Morning to All you Golden Cruisers!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]Have a Another Great Day in Ecuador!:)
& we look forward to hearing from you All Soon as you continue your cruise to San Francisco!;)

Jot Bill (WIWT):eek:

[IMG]http://webcam.princess.com/webcam/golden_bridge.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Wow, wonderful pictures your report has been well worth waiting for, Thank you for taking the time to give it. Especially since your fighting the computers:D Looking forward to any info you can give us.

JotBill don't work to hard and Thanks for posting the pics.

Dianne

Good Morning Everyone

Thanks for the great pictures!!!!!!When you think about it--it's a difficult job to get those pictures to us--by the way we do appreciate it!!!!!!

Jotworld--Even those of us who need to prepare for our CPA's some of us haven't done it yet--but that's okay--she doesn't have the partnership taxes done yet--but, since we leave for San Juan next Thursday probably need to do something anyway!!!!

Again Thanks to Easy Kruz, Jotworld and all others

First thing in the morning--check this out--to see what's going on--be checking on all of you later today

Nancy:D

[quote name='easykruz']This way, Juan explained, the World can find out about the great INKA Civilization and the wonderful people who reside in Cusco and throughout the Valleys to Machu Picchu.
Easykruz,
Bill and Vicky:)[/quote]

Overall, do you feel that the trip to and seeing of Machu Picchu was worth it?

[quote name='caribill']Overall, do you feel that the trip to and seeing of Machu Picchu was worth it?[/quote]

Absolutely, it was definitely worth it. Whether you go with Princess or on your own, just make sure you do it. I have been told that if it becomes a man-made wonder of the world, they will limit the number of people that can see it. If that's the case, then you better see it sooner than later.:rolleyes:

Vicky loved the people and the ruins so much that she wants to go back some time in the near future. And she even had a light case of altitude sickness.:eek:

Easykruz,

[quote name='JotWorld']Bill, Great PICs, Thanks for sharing! Now I got taxes to Prep , remember those !
Jot Bill (WIWT)[/quote]

Jot Bill,

Thank you for posting the pictures, great teamwork. ;) I will send some more pictures in the morning if you have time to post. :eek: Now get your work done, so you too can have fun.:D

Easykruz,
Bill

Good Afternoon to everyone,

The internet this morning was fast and now it is slow again, just like yesterday.

Vicky and I went on a Princess tour to the Ivory Nut Factory, amazing how they carve the little nuts into buttons, animals, jewelry, and chess sets. Everything was reasonable, so we just had to buy some souveniers for friends and family. Our next stop was to the Church in the town of Montecristi, there was a mini flea market in front of the church. I knew this was the place that made the hats for the Panama workers building the Panama Canal in the early 1900's. And this is how the hat got it's name 'Panama Hat'. Well I have been waiting a long time to buy a Panama Hat from Montecristi, so I was ready to bargain and get me a hat. Unfortunately, the vendors would not bargain enough, so I got so disgusted that I told Vicky that I had given up my quest to purchase a Panama Hat.:( When it was time for us to get back on the bus, a vendor came up to me and put a hat on my head and told me it was mine for my price. Unbelievable, so now I have my very own Panama Hat. :)

After Montecristi, we went to the fish market, where you can buy the biggest Sea Bass I ever saw for only one dollar. As our bus returned to the ship the local people would wave at us, they really do appreciate us cruisers coming to spend our dollars. By the way the currency used by Ecuador is the US dollar. Great little trip and I would recommend it to everyone.

Easykruz,

[B]Thank you both for sharing. Easykruz Bill for the dialogue and for taking the pictures and Jot Bill for posting them. It's a lot of work and we all appreciate all the time you are both taking out so we can all cruise along on the Golden.[/B]
[B]Easykruz Bill, I know you have enjoyed your tours but with having to take an airplane on two of them, I imagine they were quite costly. Even if some of us take this cruise, I don't know if many would be able to go to the same places you have taken us to so thank you for being so generous in your sharing. [/B]
[B]Have you ever seen souvenirs made from nuts before? These must be very unusual keepsakes that you were able to buy in Ecuador. That's what I like to bring home for family and friends....things they would not be able to get elsewhere ( or imported LOL):D [/B]

[I]Mary[/I]

[quote name='easykruz']When it was time for us to get back on the bus, a vendor came up to me and put a hat on my head and told me it was mine for my price. Unbelievable, so now I have my very own Panama Hat.Easykruz,
Bill:)[/quote]

Now that is a picture I would like to see posted!

Archived