Wanting to order a Milepost-2007?

cjnky

I learned today that it was available at Buy.com for $15.21 including shipping, so mine has been ordered. Sure beats what I almost paid for it a few days ago elsewhere! :D

Glad to help, GrandmaCarol (the Web is a small place some days, isn't it?) :D

I want to drive to Denali, Talkeetna, Anchorage, Seward and Fairbanks.

Will this milepost help me out with that or would you suggest something else.

Never been to Alaska and kinda scared about driving myself.

Thanks again, CJ :) :)

Yes, I think you'll find it useful. It's a BIG book, though, so just rip out the sections you need. If you use Google Checkout at Buy.com you get it for 5 bucks! - http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-1503570-10387773?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.buy.com%2Fretail%2FProduct.asp%3Fsku%3D204081547%26SearchEngine%3DCJaffiliate%26Type%3DCJ%26Keyword%3D204081547%26Category%3DBook&cjsku=204081547

Yes, I think you'll find it useful. It's a BIG book, though, so just rip out the sections you need. If you use Google Checkout at Buy.com you get it for 5 bucks!

I wasn't going to buy one (borrow an older edition from a friend) but for that price, I figured why not. But mine cost $5.21 (smile). Thanks, Yukon.

John

Yes, I think you'll find it useful. It's a BIG book, though, so just rip out the sections you need. If you use Google Checkout at Buy.com you get it for 5 bucks! - http://www.anrdoezrs.net/email-1503570-10387773?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.buy.com%2Fretail%2FProduct.asp%3Fsku%3D204081547%26SearchEngine%3DCJaffiliate%26Type%3DCJ%26Keyword%3D204081547%26Category%3DBook&cjsku=204081547

I tried your link and got to http://www.buy.com/retail/Product.asp?sku=204081547&SearchEngine=CJaffiliate&Type=CJ&Keyword=204081547&Category=Book&adid=17662 where the Milepost is $15.21 including shipping. Did I do something wrong? Or is the $5 price no longer available?

You haven't gone far enough...1 or two pages more gives you a chance to use Google Checkout for $10 off (new users only). At this price, I think I need a new one!

found it, thanks... but it cost me $6.31 since I live in California and had to pay $1.10 in sales tax :-(

Still beats the $16,31 I would have had to pay. Thanks for the tip...

I want to drive to Denali, Talkeetna, Anchorage, Seward and Fairbanks.

Will this milepost help me out with that or would you suggest something else.

Never been to Alaska and kinda scared about driving myself.

Thanks again, CJ :) :)

CJ,

There is no need to be worried about the areas you want to drive too. They are all off our main highways. Shadow (my dog) and I head out all the time by ourselves.

First of all there are only two roads out of Anchorage - Seward Highway to the south and then the Glenn Highway to the North.

You'll take the Seward Highway out of Anchorage to Seward, basically get on and keep going straight until the road ends in Seward. Actually Milepost 0 of the Seward Highway is in Seward.

Then when you want to head to Talkeenta, Denali and Fairbanks - you're going to leave Anchorage on the Glenn Highway and then at the Glenn/Parks Interchange you're going to take the Parks Highway towards Wasilla. Can't miss Talkeenta, Denali and Fairbanks as they are all right off the Parks Highway.

Have a great trip!

Susan in Anchorage :)

found it, thanks... but it cost me $6.31 since I live in California and had to pay $1.10 in sales tax :-(

Still beats the $16,31 I would have had to pay. Thanks for the tip...

You also have to watch the shipping options. Mine defaulted to a shipping option that was not the cheapest. But using the drop-down menu, you can change it.

Yukon.....

This website (cruise critic) is so awesome!!!

I have gotten excellent advice on my upcoming trip to Alaska....

I purchased a great pair of binoculars for a great price...

and now this!

Oh yeah, and a fising guide that I found thru here, gave me the scoop to go to Alaskaair.com and sign up for their mastercard. With that, once a year you get a companion ticket for just $50!! So I signed up, made one small purchase and when I got my first statement, I got a certificate for a companion airfare of $50. Then I called up and purchased the tickets at almost half of what I would have gotten thru the cruise or anywhere else.

Coming to this site is the best advice I have gotten in ages

thanks everyone!!!!

sue

At $6.31, the price can't be beat. I live in CA too so I had to pay sales tax. Thanks for the tip about the shipping options too. You're right - it defaults to a more expensive option.

I wasn't going to buy the book, but at this price, how could I not get it!!

Thanks for the info!

Do you think the Milepost 2008 will be much different then the 2007 book?

If not I'll go ahead and order this years to plan for next years vacation.

Thanks in advance. CJ :) :)

Nope- little change, and this is a great bargain to take advantage of.

My last edition was 2004, and cheap Budget Queen even ordered and got the 2007 book yesterday. :)

ok then, I'll order one right now. Just orderded my 2 new binoculars in the wee morning hours and I can't believe it but they've just sent me an email saying they have been shipped already. Can't wait for my Zen-Rays and my Milepost.

You know, I'm getting so confused with this land tour I'm planning ,everytime I think I've got it figured out I see you telling someone else about some wonderful things in Alaska to see and I think, maybe I can do that too, but get real Connie you only have 7 or 8 nights, is what I keep telling myself.

I'm just gonna have to move there and when I'm done seeing it all come back Nah, maybe I'll just live there ,Oh nah to that too ,I love the warmth.

Boy do I have a lot of trips to take to this place and here I was planning this surprise for my DH to take him somewhere he wanted and I never had any interest in going and now while doing all the research, hearing everyone and seeing pics, I'm aready addicted to Alaska and I haven't even been there yet!

Anyway, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! CJ :) :)

ok then, I'll order one right now. Just orderded my 2 new binoculars in the wee morning hours and I can't believe it but they've just sent me an email saying they have been shipped already. Can't wait for my Zen-Rays and my Milepost.

You know, I'm getting so confused with this land tour I'm planning ,everytime I think I've got it figured out I see you telling someone else about some wonderful things in Alaska to see and I think, maybe I can do that too, but get real Connie you only have 7 or 8 nights, is what I keep telling myself.

I'm just gonna have to move there and when I'm done seeing it all come back Nah, maybe I'll just live there ,Oh nah to that too ,I love the warmth.

Boy do I have a lot of trips to take to this place and here I was planning this surprise for my DH to take him somewhere he wanted and I never had any interest in going and now while doing all the research, hearing everyone and seeing pics, I'm aready addicted to Alaska and I haven't even been there yet!

Anyway, THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN! CJ :) :)

Yep, you are in for a GREAT time. :)

As only a general comment and not directed at you- :)

It can be much more beneficial with independent Interior Alaska touring, to do all your research and routing first. Keep fine tuning plans for several weeks before you jump in and start making hotel, activity, etc. reservations. I see this pretty frequently, with people locking themselves into areas, then finding other interesting options that could have been routed better making better use of time. It can be a lot of unnecessary work to try and cancel/rebook etc..

Archived