Children pools on ships

Somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I read a thread recently that they were retro-fitting some of the areas to make them more infant friendly ( swim diapers, ets.). Maybe somebody else would have that link.

Gregg

Somebody will correct me if I am wrong, but I believe I read a thread recently that they were retro-fitting some of the areas to make them more infant friendly ( swim diapers, ets.). Maybe somebody else would have that link.

Gregg

Gee I haven't seen that thread at all. As far as I have seen, no kids in swimmies allowed. They must be potty trained to use the pool.

Katie

No children that aren't potty trained allowed. You might want to check out the family cruising board for suggestions like bringing a blow up pool. Have a great cruise.

Blow up pool. What an interesting concept. Just out of curiosity, where are these blow up pools supposed to be located? There sure is plenty of extra space on the pool deck. I can just imagin 30 of these things scattered around. And how, exactly, does one fill them? By running a hose to it? And how, exactly does one empty it?

If someone feels that going in the pool is so important that it is pointless to go if the kids can't use it then they shouldn't go. This rule is in place for health reasons. And it is one that should not be violated.

Blow up pool. What an interesting concept. Just out of curiosity, where are these blow up pools supposed to be located? There sure is plenty of extra space on the pool deck. I can just imagin 30 of these things scattered around. And how, exactly, does one fill them? By running a hose to it? And how, exactly does one empty it?

If someone feels that going in the pool is so important that it is pointless to go if the kids can't use it then they shouldn't go. This rule is in place for health reasons. And it is one that should not be violated.

Haha, gotta love the sarcasm!!

But seriously, it is for health reasons, one, because even though they are supposed to be for the water, these swim diapers do NOT hold the contents inside of them. But also, the little jelly crystals that absorb the water in the swim diapers, do leak out and will major mess up the filter system in any pool. I'd be mighty pissed if someone's swim diaper clogged up the filter, shutting the pool down for the rest of my cruise.

This might answer your question and before I get flamed, I have a 16 yr old and he is leaving his blow up pool at home.:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=277982

Gee I haven't seen that thread at all. As far as I have seen, no kids in swimmies allowed. They must be potty trained to use the pool.

Katie

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=517488&page=2&highlight=Liberty+h2o+zon

This was the thread I was thinking about. It talks about the Genesis class ships will have toddler swimming available. I just had it in the back of my mind they were doing something with either the Liberty OTS or the Independence OTS.

Gregg

I read something on here about them reconfiguring the H2O zone on the Freedom to include a spot for kids in diapers... something that would be seperated from the rest of the area with a plex-glass type divider. I also saw that the Liberty already has this area in place. I didnt read it in the thread that someone posted above... I'll try to locate it and post.

If what I read is true... I think it is a great idea. I dont have children but I do feel like the little tykes in diapers have a right to their own area where they can splash and play and cool off while onboard... and I think this is a great way to end the "diapers in the pool" debates!! JMHO

Ok, here's the lastest. I confirmed this with the head security offical on the pool deck Sat March 31st. (We were on the Freedom):)

The H20 zone on Liberty will have 1 section for swim diapers. It is on the left side looking straight onto the H20 Zone from the rotating doors from windjammer. It is already done.

Freedom should have been done for our cruise on March 25th. But the glass they ordered was not right. So, they are now saying by the April 7th sailing it will be official. You can take your non potty trained children with a swim diaper into one section of the H20 zone.!!

This is straight from the Freedom Security Pool Deck. I have a picture of this section, I have to go through my pictures. Check back later and I will show you which section it will be.

I am sitting here trying to figure out why I would even put my child in a pool while my child is wearing a diaper, along with 17 other kids who are not potty trained, who are also wearing diapers. I can't see one good reason why I would put my child in a pot of soup, so to speak. Not a good idea. Very, very, very unsanitary.

My kids are only a few years out of diapers so the memory is fresh. Why would you plop your kid into a body of water that a bunch of other kids are urinating into. It goes right through the diaper and the urge to pee will occur the second they hit the water. Is this not like dunking your kid in a toilet or am I missing soemthing? :confused:

I swear, sometimes you have to do other people's thinking. It just makes absolutely no sense at all to swirl your kid around in the toilet. Put your child in the bath tub in your room. He or she will never know the difference, and it will be much more sanitary!:eek:

If you child is too young to be potty trained, they won't even KNOW there is a pool (or care) if the parents don't point it out to them!!! It's not like they're roaming around on their own!

Listen, I have kids, but I can't see how cruising with very small kids is much of a vacation when they are too young to appreciate it or participate in the fun!

Good grief! Even when the cruiseline provides a place for the kids we're still not happy and we're still going to judge the folks that may choose to use it. I for one am thrilled the little bums will have a place to splash around. I'm also thrilled that they're NOT allowed in the other pools with swim diapers on. Plenty of parents take their kids to public pools that do allow swim diapers. If the facility allows it then it's up to the parent to decide if it's right for them. Some of us are perfectly capable of thinking on our own.

My kids are teenagers now and the situation never came up for us so I've got no special interest in the subject but I'm sure not going to harp on someone who is making use of something provided for their kids and who is following the rules.

Do we all really think that the pools are really that clean and sanitary to begin with?!?! Gosh, every time I'm on a cruise, the main pool water is always cloudy with all the people swimming in it... and all the "stuff" thats floating around. IMHO, I dont really think that the water is that clean without the kids in diapers using it. If there is a rule that no kids in diapers can swim in the pools, than that rule should be obeyed. But I think its pretty crazy to think that these tots are the reason that the water is "unsanitary" and without there in there its perfectly clean!

Do we all really think that the pools are really that clean and sanitary to begin with?!?!

Amen Melba! I was reading these posts and thinking the same thing...I personally stay away from public pools in general, and I would *never* go in a cruise ship pool...so tiny, with so many people using it. The thought that people suddenly think the pool is *so* much more sanitary because kids in swim diapers aren't in there is hilarious.

Personally, I'm thrilled that Liberty has a section of the H20 area for those in swimmies - my son will be 23 months on our upcoing cruise, and its great that he will have an area to play in. From what I heard it will be mostly spraying water, with little to no standing water, so it should be very sanitary. I feel much more comfortable with him playing in the water in that sort of situation - frankly, I wouldn't put him in the pool even if it was an option...I don't believe that potty-trained kids (or adults for that matter) are much more 'sanitary'.

Archived